Calendar **2019** Taylor Lake Colorado Group Ride [Sep 6, 2019] (CO)

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X4
Rolled into Salida CO, about 2.5 hours out from Taylor park. Stopped at the Walmart there, will get our groceries in the AM and head up.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Rolled into Salida CO, about 2.5 hours out from Taylor park. Stopped at the Walmart there, will get our groceries in the AM and head up.
Cool, nice little town. See ya soon.

Reactions: TimG
Plumber32

Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
For those staying in Lake City check out the Alfred Packer memorial just south of Lake City. Who was Alfred Packer? Oh, just someone who have a few friends for dinner.

In the winter of 1874, Alferd Packer was hired to lead a group of prospectors through the San Juan Mountains from the winter campsite of Chief Ouray located near the present-day Delta, Colorado. This turned out to be a particularly harsh winter in the Lake Fork drainage area. Deep snow drifts and sub-zero temperatures slowed the party and supplies soon ran out. Wild game was non-existent, according to Alferd Packer, and these were no fish to be found in the frozen-over streams and lakes. By the time the men had reached the foot of Slumgullion Pass, the men had even chewed the leather from their boots. Starvation was upon them. What was a man to do to survive the winter of 1874?

Six weeks later, Packer appeared alone at the Los Pinos Indian Agency near Saguache. There he told the sad tale of losing his fellow miners in a snowstorm, but he seemed well fed and was spending money freely from several wallets. The story began to unfold when strips of human flesh were found. A search party found the bodies of the missing men at the foot of Slumgullion Pass. They had apparently been murdered and showed evidence of being cannibalized.
I recall reading about that.

Reactions: TimG
Wallace

Wallace

Well that didn't go as planned
Lifetime Member
Jun 28, 2017
Lonoke Arkansas
Ownership

1. 500
Awesome, not the best place to stay the night but glad you’re going to make it after all. Safe travels. You coming to Lake City or just Taylor Lake.
There isn't much out there. Do you suggest another place to stay? Only the Taylor Lake ride this time.

Reactions: Montecresto
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
There isn't much out there. Do you suggest another place to stay? Only the Taylor Lake ride this time.
Nah, sometimes it can’t be avoided, I cross the panhandle 1-2 times a month and have been stuck overnight there a number of times. Nice steak house there across from Kabota tractors. See ya at TL....:cool:

advertisement
orangecrate

orangecrate

Lifetime Member
Dec 3, 2017
westernslope co.
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
Ok members
I want to try and organize a group dinner/ get together while we are in Taylor Lake on Saturday evening the 7th.

So let's try and do a Italian themed group potluck dinner. If Italian isn't your thing bring a dish of your choice over to our RV site. I will have 3 or 4 tables where we can sit around and enjoy dinner and some BS!

Bring your own chairs and choice of drinks!!!!!

@Hondasxs and I are working on some stuff for a drawing that evening. If anyone is interested in donating something to the drawing PM me.
Joe & Dee are bringing a tossed salad. Everyone should bring their own dressings.

Reactions: BWAF
JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X4
Joe & Dee are bringing a tossed salad. Everyone should bring their own dressings.
Bringing a few dozen chocolate chip cookies and a couple of apple pies for dessert.

Reactions: Plumber32
Alan aka Davinci

Alan aka Davinci

Mr. Meme Master
Lifetime Member
Apr 25, 2015
Grand Junction, CO
Ownership

1. 500
I think ya'll will agree with me and Alan that the SJ's are the bomb! Let's see if we might get a Silverton Takeover for next year!
WE already have a group ride planned for next year but it will be before Texas schools start back in August.
So in spite of what some of you say about Texans not knowing anything, @wrwtexan knows stuff.

advertisement