Calendar **2019** Taylor Lake Colorado Group Ride [Sep 6, 2019] (CO)

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Minimum Age Requirement: To ride an ATV unsupervised, the operator must be at least 16 years old unless riding on land owned by the operator's parent or legal guardian. Helmet and/or Eye Protection Requirement: Riders under age 18 are required to wear an approved helmet.
Thanks Alan. Id figure riding in a group would be considered supervised?

Reactions: BWAF and TimG
Alan aka Davinci

Alan aka Davinci

Mr. Meme Master
Lifetime Member
Apr 25, 2015
Grand Junction, CO
Ownership

1. 500
I'm assuming that's an atv, not a sxs. I haven't seen any state that someone under 16 can operate a sxs, even with the atv safety card.
A registered ATV or UTV may be operated by any person aged 16 or older. Additionally, children aged 10-15 may operate a registered ATV or UTV in Colorado under the supervision of a licensed driver.

Alan aka Davinci

Alan aka Davinci

Mr. Meme Master
Lifetime Member
Apr 25, 2015
Grand Junction, CO
Ownership

1. 500
Another thing to consider if you carry firearms with you. handguns are fine but if anyone carries a long gun it must be inside a hard or zippered case with no round in the chamber or the magazine. but there is not much to shoot up there, too many people and the bears don't like the taste of out of stater's.

Plumber32

Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
A registered ATV or UTV may be operated by any person aged 16 or older. Additionally, children aged 10-15 may operate a registered ATV or UTV in Colorado under the supervision of a licensed driver.
That's awsome!

Pilgrim

Pilgrim

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jun 25, 2018
Oklahoma City
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Minimum Age Requirement: To ride an ATV unsupervised, the operator must be at least 16 years old unless riding on land owned by the operator's parent or legal guardian. Helmet and/or Eye Protection Requirement: Riders under age 18 are required to wear an approved helmet.
Ouch.... wasn’t aware... just rode with my six and four year old granddaughters.... they are strapped in and not doing anything to challenging.... sounds like I was lucky didn’t see po po

advertisement
Remington

Remington

Fife! POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Another thing to consider if you carry firearms with you. handguns are fine but if anyone carries a long gun it must be inside a hard or zippered case with no round in the chamber or the magazine. but there is not much to shoot up there, too many people and the bears don't like the taste of out of stater's.
Concealed carry ok If your cpl holder from another state?

Pilgrim

Pilgrim

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jun 25, 2018
Oklahoma City
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Ouch.... wasn’t aware... just rode with my six and four year old granddaughters.... they are strapped in and not doing anything to challenging.... sounds like I was lucky didn’t see po po
By the way.... it is a big state.... I hav never even seen a ranger or authority on a trail ....

Pilgrim

Pilgrim

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jun 25, 2018
Oklahoma City
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Another thought to @Alan ..... I don’t know the history of overheating in a 500..... that may be more of 1k problem.....
But altitude must play a part .... or just the LONG uphills.... my will overheat pretty much no matter the outdoor temp....
Never happens in Arkansas....

Reactions: TimG
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
I'm assuming that's an atv, not a sxs. I haven't seen any state that someone under 16 can operate a sxs, even with the atv safety card.
Might be illegal around here too but they turn the other cheek if someone isn’t being stupid and are in control. Daughter has talked to Sheriffs and Rangers on multiple occasions as far back as about 8 when out alone with no problems whatsoever. Same with the boys when younger. The Airstrip area gets you stopped but they just check for registration occasionally then ask a couple questions and say have a good day

Last edited:
Alan aka Davinci

Alan aka Davinci

Mr. Meme Master
Lifetime Member
Apr 25, 2015
Grand Junction, CO
Ownership

1. 500
If they are passengers you are ok, they just can't operate.

Reactions: Plumber32 and TimG
Alan aka Davinci

Alan aka Davinci

Mr. Meme Master
Lifetime Member
Apr 25, 2015
Grand Junction, CO
Ownership

1. 500
Might be illegal around here too but they turn the other cheek if someone isn’t being stupid and are in control. Daughter has talked to Sheriffs and Rangers on multiple occasions as for back as about 8 when out alone with no problens whatsoever. Same with the boys when younger. The Airstrip area gets you stopped but they just check for registration occasionally and say have a good day.
Most authorities would rather see kids being outdoors doing stuff as long as they are careful. A badge heavy person might give some grief.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Come on down @CumminsPusher and ride with us. We'll have a good time no matter what and the Coors light is super fresh !
I was kinda assuming my favorite beer would be fresh lmao!
Man I’m trying and I’d like to finally meet you and a few others. Sounds like a lot of fun. There’s a lot to do by then and not much to do it with but are pretty serious. If friends can make it it’ll be a little easier on my daughter. Got a month!

Reactions: Pilgrim and TimG
advertisement