Multi 2017 Pioneer Takeover - April 28 & 29th - Ride Royal Blue!

Tramguage1

Tramguage1

Texan
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 2, 2015
Somereset, Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. 1000 6 Crew

3. Talon X

4. Talon R4 LV
@Hondasxs thanks for the birthday post it is today and this is about all I'll see about that not much celebreiting out here on the job. ;)
:)
Happy Birthday Dp5hunter

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Reactions: Dp5hunter
Tramguage1

Tramguage1

Texan
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 2, 2015
Somereset, Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. 1000 6 Crew

3. Talon X

4. Talon R4 LV
@ Hondasax can we start a new thread for discussion and info on possible places for future group rides.
Maybe the members can visit these places and evaluate possible locations.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

advertisement
drfubar

drfubar

TheDonFather
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 7, 2016
Mary's Ridge (Dayton Mtn), TN
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Go Wild: ATVs offer wild ride at Royal Blue

LAFOLLETTE, Tenn. - Nate Westray was riding all-terrain vehicles almost before he could walk.

“I was 2 years old. My grandfather used to tie me on to the front rack with a bungee cord with only my jacket under my butt for comfort,” said Westray, now 30, screaming to be heard over his ATV as we drive through the North Cumberland Wildlife Management Area.

“Sometimes the creek would be too high or there was a tree over the trail, and we’d end up camping overnight,” he recalled. “It was a lot different back then.”

Westray’s mother, Sheila Westray, owns Ride Royal Blue Resort, which he helps run. The property combines with the North Cumberland WMS, sometimes called the Sundquist Unit Riding Area, and other public lands provide about 600 miles of ATV riding just north of LaFollette.

Big advances in ATVs since Westray used to get tied to the rack have created a boom in the sport; and East Tennessee, with the Royal Blue area and Windrock Park by Oliver Springs, has become an international riding destination.

“We have people from all over the world,” Westray says. “There are thousands of riders every year. A lot from the Chicago area, for some reason. I’ve had some from Poland … all over.”

The big part of Westray’s business comes from club riders. He says more than a dozen major clubs call his place home, but little clubs spring up all the time.

“Some guys ride and talk together at the campground afterwards; and, before you know it, they’ve started up a club and are riding together,” he said.

The biggest club at Ride Royal Blue is the Ride Royal Blue Rangers, a group that’s been around more than a decade with 50-plus members, some from as far as Greenville, S.C., and eastern Kentucky. They hold a club ride on the second Saturday of the month.

The January ride was a muddy one on a cloudy day during what has been a rainy winter.

“After a big rain everything is a step up (in difficulty),” Westray said. “A moderate trail becomes difficult; a difficult one becomes more difficult.”

He yelled the comment as we spun through a foot-deep creek, then bounced and ground over a scattered series of basketball-size rocks before sliding around a muddy bend. The side-by-side with its 1,000CC engine was soon a vision in gray-brown mud with the two of us pretty well speckled in grime. And, this was less than an hour into the ride.

These trips can go on for 60 miles.

“When we go out, we stay out all day,” said Mike Vick, Rangers club president. “During a summer ride, we’ll go out first thing in the morning and not get back until eight or nine o’clock.”

ATVs usually have about a four- or five-gallon tank, and most riders have one or two extra, smaller tanks along in case the main one runs dry.

“There are advantages to riding with a club,” Westray said. “These guys know all of the trails. They know where everything (major hazards) is. Also there are many different types of ATVs. With a bigger group, you are most likely to have someone driving an ATV like yours. Different ATVs take trails differently, and you can watch how the ones that are like yours operate on the trail.”

‘A Good Group’
Club riders are a fun-loving group.

[email protected].

drfubar

drfubar

TheDonFather
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 7, 2016
Ownership

1. 1000-3
OK, I need to know who will be at my house Wednesday before the "takeover". @CumminsPusher and your Wife, @Tigermark and his Wife, @Manwell will you be there with Liz? Need to know ASAP... I'm old so I forget if someone else was going to be here... This is not Thursday, this is Wednesday evening... Who, who?

drfubar

drfubar

TheDonFather
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 7, 2016
Ownership

1. 1000-3
OK, I need to know who will be at my house Wednesday before the "takeover". @CumminsPusher and your Wife, @Tigermark and his Wife, @Manwell will you be there with Liz? Need to know ASAP... I'm old so I forget if someone else was going to be here... This is not Thursday, this is Wednesday evening... Who, who?
@Eltobgi will be with CP

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Happy birthday DP5!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Dp5hunter
Dp5hunter

Dp5hunter

Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2016
Hazlehurst Mississippi
Ownership

1. 500
Thanks everyone for the birthday wishes and just thank you for being in this forum. If it where not for yall this trip would have been miserable for me. U guys give me something to look forward to every day, and I just wanted to tell all of yall god bless you and your family and friends and see yall in April.:):D;):cool::p

jak9922

jak9922

hot headed wopolock
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Jun 2, 2015
pittstown ny
hey guys im going to offer free air filter cleaning/ reoil to every pioneer at the ride just bring me your filter when ever you see me at my trailer i know some of these rides can get pretty dusty

advertisement