P1000 Won't start

CashMoney

CashMoney

Feb 5, 2016
Reno, NV
www.SRTNV.com
Just tipped the tank on the side and drained gas out with a siphon. No signs of water in it. Guess I'll see what happens on the next ride! I'm definitely raising that vent hose, not that I plan on being in deep water like that again but then again I didn't that night either haha

HivoltageHonda

HivoltageHonda

Aug 6, 2015
Hernando, MS
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Just tipped the tank on the side and drained gas out with a siphon. No signs of water in it. Guess I'll see what happens on the next ride! I'm definitely raising that vent hose, not that I plan on being in deep water like that again but then again I didn't that night either haha
Yea I need to raise my vent hose also.

ghost

ghost

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2015
BC
You think it might sucked in gulp of water / mist thru the air intake?

ghost

ghost

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2015
BC
Sigh... Back to not starting today.
I have spark on both plugs. Even though they were all tight, I removed, cleaned and coated the three ground points. The chassis ground had some hardened junk on it so I wire brushed them clean.

I got the service manual yesterday so I'm making some progress.
I'm getting DTC code 8-1 "Throttle Position sensor circuit low voltage". I'll do some more testing on the connections tomorrow. If no joy, I'll drag the machine up to the dealer. What a pain...

ghost

ghost

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2015
BC
I just got back from the dealer. They found 2 DTC codes 64 - Drive power circuit low voltage and 81 - Sub Tran position malfunction. (I thought it was 8-1)

They discovered the positive battery terminal was not bolted down tightly. I actually remember doing doing that on purpose while connecting the isolator and thinking that I have to remember to come back and tighten it up. On the way home tonight I thought I should change my forum user name to Bonehead but I think some already has that name.

On the plus side, the guys at the dealership were all impressed with the “profession wiring job and customizations i made” - at least on everything else except the battery terminal.

So they cleared the codes from the pcm and sent me on my way.

Good things - my P1000 was probably fine until I touched it and I’m back to enjoying it.

Anyway - I kinda want this whole thread to dissolve into history - but I figured I better come back here and finish the story.

dale5740

dale5740

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 4, 2016
mt airy md
I wonder what code reader u need to get codes or how does that work is it a flaming code on the dash?

CashMoney

CashMoney

Feb 5, 2016
Reno, NV
www.SRTNV.com
I wonder what code reader u need to get codes or how does that work is it a flaming code on the dash?
I believe the manual said you needed some kind of resistor plug thing that plugs in under the seat to get blink codes. I ordered one from the dealer so I hope to have it in a week or two and see how that works. Wish we could get the OE software

dale5740

dale5740

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 4, 2016
mt airy md
I believe the manual said you needed some kind of resistor plug thing that plugs in under the seat to get blink codes. I ordered one from the dealer so I hope to have it in a week or two and see how that works. Wish we could get the OE software
what was the price

advertisement