Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
@Windrock1000 are those trails straight from the house?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

harrelljr99

harrelljr99

Feb 8, 2017
Georgia
Guess I am gunna have to get a set and have the springs powder-coated black.

I know right. Should have made them a color that goes with everything like........black!

nbomar

nbomar

Lifetime Member
Oct 11, 2015
Springdale, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Looks like it handles great, now I'm torn Elka stage 5 or the Honda Fox shocks

I don't think those are even comparisons. The elkas would blow the fox away, but you're going to pay for it.

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I don't think those are even comparisons. The elkas would blow the fox away, but you're going to pay for it.

Always do HA! I'm going deep Stage 5's

advertisement
joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5

You think so? I know snuff still has some work to do but his Elkas out of the box didn't blow away the Walker Evans. Actually, in some areas the W/E were slightly better.

I'd really like to get my hands on a set of Fox since between me and snuff, we got stage 5 Elkas, W/E, stock, and need to compare Fox.

I think the fox will compare really good with the dual rate coils!

Our next test should be testing all shocks on the same vehicle. Maybe we can make that happen. It takes a lot of work though.

nbomar

nbomar

Lifetime Member
Oct 11, 2015
Springdale, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
You think so? I know snuff still has some work to do but his Elkas out of the box didn't blow away the Walker Evans. Actually, in some areas the W/E were slightly better.

I'd really like to get my hands on a set of Fox since between me and snuff, we got stage 5 Elkas, W/E, stock, and need to compare Fox.

I think the fox will compare really good with the dual rate coils!

Our next test should be testing all shocks on the same vehicle. Maybe we can make that happen. It takes a lot of work though.

I'm just guessing. With all the adjustment I would assume it would be better. However, with adjustment you could also make them worse I would think.

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Very true, some people will really love the multiple adjustment options. Elka stage 5 has the most adjustment, W/E is in the middle and Fox is the most simple. However, we aren't driving sport vehicles so Fox should get a good look due to price, most simple, the only to have dual rate coils, and the Fox name and service is top notch.

I'm in the same boat and still haven't bought any. I'll admit that I looked hard at Elka but after seeing snuff spend a lot of time adjusting and me not make any adjustments, that spoke to me.

I can't wait until he gets his retuned shocks back from Elka, I'm anxious to see if they are worth the high price tag.

Also, I followed pioneerpete thru AMA the other day and judging from following him, his vehicle looked to ride very nice with stage 5 Elkas.

Sorry for the rambling, I'm just throwing out random thoughts on this topic.

harrelljr99

harrelljr99

Feb 8, 2017
Georgia
I'm just guessing. With all the adjustment I would assume it would be better. However, with adjustment you could also make them worse I would think.

WE have like 16 different settings! I can't imagine having 16 different circumstances where I'd need that many settings or if I'd ever figure out when to use which one. I'm thinking less may be more Fox has 3 settings; KISS principle keep it simple stupid.

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
WE have like 16 different settings! I can't imagine having 16 different circumstances where I'd need that many settings or if I'd ever figure out when to use which one. I'm thinking less may be more Fox has 3 settings; KISS principle keep it simple stupid.

Hey! You keep calling me stupid! I thought KISS means Keep It Stupid Simple?

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
That's all I needed to match the front. I'm leaving the rear shocks reversed because its got more protection that way. I can see a big rock flying up and smacking the reservoirs.

That's a pretty good point you bring up. They seem plenty easy to turn the knob as they sit.

advertisement