P1000m5 Why I bought the 1000-5

J

JTW

I always laugh when people call them a "Cummings" rather than "Cummins" . Guess everybody's replies in regards to cutting down particular brand pickups got deleted. But I'll go on record as saying GM, Ford, and Dodge are all capable of building crap that's hardly worth bringing home. :p
That MAY or maynot have been done purposely!!

B

Bfree66

Sep 1, 2016
North Louisiana
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I had Rzr 4 and a AC wildcat trail 50", but it was difficult hauling both. I started looking at a Ranger Cres, and then Kawi Pro FXT, which where both too long for my needs, I really needed a short wheel base that could haul 4-5 people, good power and looks as well. For yrs I wanted a honda, I liked the P700 but it just felt underpowered to me and the lack of a locker is why I continued to hold out. But then I looked at the P1K5 and decided this one has it all.

Reactions: Ridem32 and sharp
Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I'm only replying because you quoted me...

The Rangers we use at work are night and day more stable than my Honda 1000-5. I'm starting to believe that something is horribly wrong with mine. I've got almost 50 miles on it right now, and it has been on its side already, as well as on 2 wheels a lot. Mine does not just "seem" tippy, it is exactly that. This weekend I intend to go through the suspension double checking all the bolts and nuts, as well as double checking tire pressures. Mine seems to just grab the ground, make a clanking sound and almost roll over at every turn over 10mph.
Check alignment may be toed in to much, mine is toed out to much. I will get to that in the very near future.

BustedKnuckles

BustedKnuckles

Mar 10, 2017
Jacobsburg,OHIO
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I'm only replying because you quoted me...

The Rangers we use at work are night and day more stable than my Honda 1000-5. I'm starting to believe that something is horribly wrong with mine. I've got almost 50 miles on it right now, and it has been on its side already, as well as on 2 wheels a lot. Mine does not just "seem" tippy, it is exactly that. This weekend I intend to go through the suspension double checking all the bolts and nuts, as well as double checking tire pressures. Mine seems to just grab the ground, make a clanking sound and almost roll over at every turn over 10mph.

Mine has about 80 miles on it and I have rolled it on its side twice! I had my tyrex 3 years and never rolled it once! If you figure anything out let me know! I dunno if I stiffin the rear shocks it will help or not. But every time I ever try to whip it or do a donut it's on two wheels. That's the main reason I joined this group to get some ideas on my tipsy , roll over issue.

Eltobgi

Eltobgi

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 21, 2016
North Dakota
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
Lol, you are a wild man! Just take your time and set up your rig to support the way you ride! Weight down low for starters to keep low center of gravity, tires, shocks, & spacers for a wider stance. I've even seen aftermarket sway bars made for Razors which can do why you need but have not seen any offered for the P1K!

Now with that said you need more time behind the wheel to really get a feel for your machine! The P1K is like no other SXS!

Question: When you set it on its side twice which mode were you in. i.e. 4wd difflock, 4wd, 2wd, or turf mode? High or low? Also which mods have you added?

BustedKnuckles

BustedKnuckles

Mar 10, 2017
Jacobsburg,OHIO
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Lol, you are a wild man! Just take your time and set up your rig to support the way you ride! Weight down low for starters to keep low center of gravity, tires, shocks, & spacers for a wider stance. I've even seen aftermarket sway bars made for Razors which can do why you need but have not seen any offered for the P1K!

Now with that said you need more time behind the wheel to really get a feel for your machine! The P1K is like no other SXS!

Question: When you set it on its side twice which mode were you in. i.e. 4wd difflock, 4wd, 2wd, or turf mode? High or low? Also which mods have you added?

First time was in 2 wheel turf in the snow on flat ground sliding in a turn, 2nd time was is 2 wheel lock, in the mud. No mods other than hard top, and windshield. I see videos when they were testing these machines out with 4 men in them whipping around turns , I was in mine alone and into turns the weight shifts so much it makes it wanna roll I couldn't imagine it with two people in the back into a turn, I notice on dirt roads even. Wigh NO LOAD in bed in a turn the front tires just slide. Instead of being able to drift through turns the front just slides and u have to slow way down! with no throttle at all!

Reactions: sharp