Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
But would you buy it?? Lol

...no. I love my diesels a lot but not in a sxs. I'd miss the Honda quiet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: JTW
moparornocar

moparornocar

RIP....Rocmar...
Lifetime Member
Jan 26, 2016
Augusta, Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
5 seater, didn't want a limo. Loved the look and feel of the deluxe. Hate belts. We are routinely 50-100 miles from home. Nowhere I want to be stuck replacing a belt. The kids and wife love it, and that gets me out riding more.

GPR1500SC

GPR1500SC

Lifetime Member
Mar 3, 2016
North East MO
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X LV
Why I bought Honda, reason one is tough not sure if Honda's history of reliability or the transmission with paddles comes in at first place 2nd place would be the extra seating availability with out driving a clumsy limo 3rd would be there simple manual full locking 4WD shiftier not some auto shift system, fuel mileage, I guess because it is a Pioneer and it fits perfectly on the farm.

drfubar

drfubar

TheDonFather
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 7, 2016
Mary's Ridge (Dayton Mtn), TN
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Why did you buy the 1000-5? I bought mine because of the doggie doors in the back, we have three pupoles, that is half pup and half people and love to ride trails.
I bought the -3 but if I had thought about the "doggie doors" I would have reconsidered... I looked at it as being a people area...lol. I didn't need to carry 5 people, but I do have 5 dogs

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Dang it, another check in the why not upgrade column. I love my 700 but would the 1000 be that much more to love ;)

Other then shocks nothing wrong with the 700!most dependable vehicle we've EVER had!

Crow_Hunter

Crow_Hunter

May 18, 2016
Riding a Canned Ham.
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
I bought mine because I have only owned Honda offroad products. If I had known someone or had experience with Can Am products myself, I might have gone with the Defender.

I also chose the Pioneer 1000 because it was (and is) the only machine out there that has a manual locking front, a dumping bed and turf mode. (Maybe John Deere does?)

No other machines out there have that. Polaris has a Hilliard front diff that is prone to breakage, Can Am has a speed sensitive limited slip front diff, Arctic Cat doesn't have a turf mode model, Kawasaki doesn't have a Locking front and turf mode in the same model, Yamaha doesn't have anything with turf mode, I don't plan on owning another John Deere product after my X500 dies, and I didn't/won't even consider any of the Chinese/Indian machines right now.

The ability to haul 2 additional people in the bed is a bonus but not a requirement for me but that further differentiates the Honda from all others, no one else can do it.

If not for my suspicion/distrust of the clutch and the air intake and the annoying tendency of the mode selector switch to get stretched and need adjustment just sitting in the garage, I would consider this machine to be near perfect.

Michigander

Michigander

Nov 13, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I wanted a hybrid sort of speak... Wanted to be able to plow my driveway in the winter, haul deer, property management, and have room for my wife and 2 daughters. I looked hard at the generals and Defenders. I was sold on the fact that it had no belt.

My only complaint is the stability of it. Mine is very tippy.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

advertisement
sharp

sharp

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 27, 2016
Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I wanted a hybrid sort of speak... Wanted to be able to plow my driveway in the winter, haul deer, property management, and have room for my wife and 2 daughters. I looked hard at the generals and Defenders. I was sold on the fact that it had no belt.

Fully understandable, it seems tippy, but it is nowhere as tippy as you think it is when you are in it. I came from a ranger with a soft suspension, when I got a honda I thought it was stiff, and it is, but it is more stable than the ranger was now that I have learned the machine.

J

JTW

You sure you didn't get a p500 by mistake??

Michigander

Michigander

Nov 13, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Fully understandable, it seems tippy, but it is nowhere as tippy as you think it is when you are in it. I came from a ranger with a soft suspension, when I got a honda I thought it was stiff, and it is, but it is more stable than the ranger was now that I have learned the machine.

I'm only replying because you quoted me...

The Rangers we use at work are night and day more stable than my Honda 1000-5. I'm starting to believe that something is horribly wrong with mine. I've got almost 50 miles on it right now, and it has been on its side already, as well as on 2 wheels a lot. Mine does not just "seem" tippy, it is exactly that. This weekend I intend to go through the suspension double checking all the bolts and nuts, as well as double checking tire pressures. Mine seems to just grab the ground, make a clanking sound and almost roll over at every turn over 10mph.

J

JTW

Dude that's not right! Granted i just got mine and haven't ridden it much but I've cut cats asses and been on decent inclines.. running 30-35.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
I'm only replying because you quoted me...

The Rangers we use at work are night and day more stable than my Honda 1000-5. I'm starting to believe that something is horribly wrong with mine. I've got almost 50 miles on it right now, and it has been on its side already, as well as on 2 wheels a lot. Mine does not just "seem" tippy, it is exactly that. This weekend I intend to go through the suspension double checking all the bolts and nuts, as well as double checking tire pressures. Mine seems to just grab the ground, make a clanking sound and almost roll over at every turn over 10mph.

The noise sure doesn't sound right! I didn't see but did you perform an alignment yet these come from the dealer off some horribly off.

Reactions: sharp
Michigander

Michigander

Nov 13, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Dude that's not right! Granted i just got mine and haven't ridden it much but I've cut cats asses and been on decent inclines.. running 30-35.
Thanks for the honest, straight forward response.
I was thinking I should be able to at least do what we do on a Club Car Golf cart, but was told, I don't know how to drive it, and that I must not have used any logic when making my $20K purchase, and should of got a RZR?. pffft

The noise sure doesn't sound right! I didn't see but did you perform an alignment yet these come from the dealer off some horribly off.

I have not. I've never done it on a side by side before, but imagine it can't be much different than on a car?

Crow_Hunter

Crow_Hunter

May 18, 2016
Riding a Canned Ham.
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
I side hill with a fairly steep hill on mine all the time including turning uphill and it feels exceptionally stable. I do think you must have something wrong. Is your sway bar disconnected or something else in the suspension that is adjusted poorly?

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Thanks for the honest, straight forward response.
I was thinking I should be able to at least do what we do on a Club Car Golf cart, but was told, I don't know how to drive it, and that I must not have used any logic when making my $20K purchase, and should of got a RZR?. pffft

I have not. I've never done it on a side by side before, but imagine it can't be much different than on a car?

Easier then a car for sure. Just a quick adjustment by looking down the side and making sure the front of the tires are a little closer together (1/4 inch or so ) then the back even helps a ton. Many people have complained about how squirrlie these are and that's helped. At least worth a quick measurement

Buford

Buford

May 9, 2016
U.S.A.
What if Polaris came out with a Cummings version???

I always laugh when people call them a "Cummings" rather than "Cummins" . Guess everybody's replies in regards to cutting down particular brand pickups got deleted. But I'll go on record as saying GM, Ford, and Dodge are all capable of building crap that's hardly worth bringing home. :p

Reactions: Elkhunter and JTW
advertisement