Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Why did you buy the 1000-5? I bought mine because of the doggie doors in the back, we have three pupoles, that is half pup and half people and love to ride trails.

J

JTW

Kids.. power, stability, versatility, Honda dependability.. the folks on this forum. I had the p500 and it just didn't cut it family wise. I liked the wolverine and if it were just me.. I probably would have bought it. But with two kids maybe a 3rd, I wanted something that would cover all the bases for many miles to come.

amc019

amc019

Lifetime Member
Jan 23, 2016
Little Rock, Ar
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Bought mine for the ability to haul 5 people or 3 and a lot more gear when duck and deer hunting without getting hung up on rice field levee's because of the average length of other 5 seaters yet still being able to enjoy it on the trails in the Ozarks and Ouachitas. Also no belt was a plus because I was always worried about burning it up on my RZR 1000, and the Honda just suits my needs 10x more than the RZR ever thought of doing.

Last edited:
Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Kids.. power, stability, versatility, Honda dependability.. the folks on this forum. I had the p500 and it just didn't cut it family wise. I liked the wolverine and if it were just me.. I probably would have bought it. But with two kids maybe a 3rd, I wanted something that would cover all the bases for many miles to come.
Third? congrats!

Eltobgi

Eltobgi

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 21, 2016
North Dakota
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
Well said!;)

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Not yet.. we'll wait until (hopeful) positive insurance changes in 2018.. just had one 10 months ago.. cost me about 6k... with the same plan, will cost 14k in 2017 and cost an additional $300 per month for the plan! No baby next year!
I'm a plumber, an old fart plumber told me along time ago that it is a lot cheeper to rough in kids ( under slab ) than it is to top them out (college ) HA

Reactions: lee and JTW
J

JTW

I'm a plumber, an old fart plumber told me along time ago that it is a lot cheeper to rough in kids ( under slab ) than it is to top them out (college ) HA
Ugggh, If college is no better than it is now... they ain't going!!! I refuse to have them liberally corrupted and waste $$$. Plus I have two girls.... I DO NOT want them meeting boys like me in college. I was waaaay too good at the game!

Ragnar406

Ragnar406

The Great Bald One
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 5, 2016
Bella Vista, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Father son and family time. I really started looking to buy a side by side to have something that would get me and my 6 year old son, John, out in the woods away from all the electronic distractions. I like to competition shoot and while I bough him his first gun on his first birthday he is still not mature enough to really take on that activity. He had a little battery operated gator from Walmart that he absolutely loves so I knew he would love riding on the weekends.

After looking around and based on my previous experience with Honda I knew this would fill my desire for something that was utility and sporty. My wife moved us up from looking at the 700 to the 1000 based on turf mode (friend of mines we borrowed to do work around the house tore up the lawn). We chose the 5 seater because all three of us are not always going to be able to ride in the front.

I also plan on using when I am setting up our local USPSA matches and when I go to 3gun matches. While tomorrow will be only a week having - we have been to the outdoor park twice and John ask about going almost every day. He even said since we have the Pioneer that he wants to give his gator to a friend for them to use...

Plus it helped in the decision - the information I got from everyone here on this board- which has been great.

advertisement
GlockMeister

GlockMeister

The Bearded Wonder
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 11, 2016
Greenville, Mo
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Because I have never owned a Polaris and refused to buy one. Waited out Honda until they built what I wanted... it has what I was looking for in a sxs,ability to haul my kids and wife, and haul a$$!

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Ugggh, If college is no better than it is now... they ain't going!!! I refuse to have them liberally corrupted and waste $$$. Plus I have two girls.... I DO NOT want them meeting boys like me in college. I was waaaay too good at the game!
Yea, I have boys and feel the same, get your family out in the woods and expose them to the real world. I wasn't to bad at the game my self, the only thing I had going for me, I'm ugly, helped me to stay out of trouble. THANK YOU LORD! I can still be a mess, just ask my wife of 35 years. Now I like to spend our time in the woods. A guy once asked me how I knew there was a god and I asked him have you ever sat on tree stump and just looked around. GREAT SITE

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I got my deluxe due to owning the best Honda sxs made. I got 2 grandpupoles lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Grand pupoles , WOW

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Yea, I have boys and feel the same, get your family out in the woods and expose them to the real world. I wasn't to bad at the game my self, the only thing I had going for me, I'm ugly, helped me to stay out of trouble. THANK YOU LORD! I can still be a mess, just ask my wife of 35 years. Now I like to spend our time in the woods. A guy once asked me how I knew there was a god and I asked him have you ever sat on tree stump and just looked around. GREAT SITE
No I'm not a religious fanatic. Just some one who loves nature.

Reactions: sharp
J

JTW

Couldn't agree more!!!

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
What if Polaris came out with a Cummings version???

The rest would still fall apart. Can't imagine a belt behind that torque. May not catch fire running diesel though lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: JTW
advertisement