P1000 Who sells flip up windshield that will open fully?

J

JTW

Well, I've asked them several times if clamps have been updated.. supposedly so. There's a good chance you all received windshields from the same stock. So we shall see!

Reactions: Remington
Remington

Remington

Fife! POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Well, I've asked them several times if clamps have been updated.. supposedly so. There's a good chance you all received windshields from the same stock. So we shall see!

For everyone's sake , I hope so! But they told me that four times and sent me clamps that were supposedly updated four times and none of them were different. And from all the post I've seen since then sounds like it's the same old song and dance. Wait, that's an Aerosmith song! Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: JTW and Ridem32
Ridem32

Ridem32

Apr 28, 2016
Terry
They sent me all new mounting hardware shocks and all. The new clamps was still the same. I told them that the clamps would cause them loss of sells!

Reactions: Remington and JTW
Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
They sent me all new mounting hardware shocks and all. The new clamps was still the same. I told them that the clamps would cause them loss of sells!

Roger that!
That's exactly what happened to me and then some. Just wait till you go down a rough trail and the half ass tight clamp pops open and the windshield goes sliding down the hood! That wasn't a good day. They outsource there product. When I worked for a tonneau cover manufacturer I n quality control years ago, we had contracts with the corner manufacturers we outsourced to. It's not cheep nor easy to get them to re tool, it can have the threat and cause a company to lose money then cost goes up and no sales it's a scary deal. Some places do what's best take the chance and bite that bullet and some just let it ride as long as sales come in and most people deal with the short comings. In the end It will ultimately cost lost of sales, customers and something even worse. We always did what was best and listened to the customer corrected and followed up. Went a long way. I certainly seen The latter here unfortunately .

Reactions: Ridem32
P

pwinfieldgilmore

Dec 22, 2016
Fall City
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Roger that!
That's exactly what happened to me and then some. Just wait till you go down a rough trail and the half ass tight clamp pops open and the windshield goes sliding down the hood! That wasn't a good day. They outsource there product. When I worked for a tonneau cover manufacturer I n quality control years ago, we had contracts with the corner manufacturers we outsourced to. It's not cheep nor easy to get them to re tool, it can have the threat and cause a company to lose money then cost goes up and no sales it's a scary deal. Some places do what's best take the chance and bite that bullet and some just let it ride as long as sales come in and most people deal with the short comings. In the end It will ultimately cost lost of sales, customers and something even worse. We always did what was best and listened to the customer corrected and followed up. Went a long way. I certainly seen The latter here unfortunately .

I would not buy one from them again. They are all nice enough and answer the phone calls but the product isn't the quality I desire on a machine of this price range. Maybe for a golf cart it would be acceptable.

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I would not buy one from them again. They are all nice enough and answer the phone calls but the product isn't the quality I desire on a machine of this price range. Maybe for a golf cart it would be acceptable.

Golf cart would work great! when their in the up position, don't drive more that 10mph, she flops ! And the scratch resistant, no ah ah! Far from that. Giant gouges from light riding. When I asked them what the deal was with that? They avoided the question all together. Just buy the Honda, and you can take the upper half off on a warm day, easy peasy. Best thing I ever did, just wish I did that first! And guess what? No scratches, flops and stays in place! Guess u get what u pay for.

Reactions: joeymt33