P1000 Who sells flip up windshield that will open fully?

J

JTW

Mine don't leak water on me if it rains I shut mine that's why I got it for rain and for cold wind

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I see his point though.. I found that the 500 with the factory roof.. was breezy up top. It would come down and hit me on top of the head. Seems like there was a larger gap on the 500 too.

J

JTW

The SuperATV website pics of the 1000 windshield have it coming back too..

IMG 1775

Ridem32

Ridem32

Apr 28, 2016
Terry
I believe when mine is open it slants downward some causing the water to run down the windshield towards the hood it's not open high enough for water to run in cab

Reactions: JTW
P

pwinfieldgilmore

Dec 22, 2016
Fall City
Ownership

1. 1000-5
The SuperATV website pics of the 1000 windshield have it coming back too..

View attachment 29212
Yup. When its raining, you start moving all the water from the windshield runs on your lap. With it down while raining, going down the road it runs up the windshield and sprays your chest and face. It sucks.

P

pwinfieldgilmore

Dec 22, 2016
Fall City
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Yup. When its raining, you start moving all the water from the windshield runs on your lap. With it down while raining, going down the road it runs up the windshield and sprays your chest and face. It sucks.
I went around in circles with them and pictures of the installation instructions and their website images. They may have updated some and hopefully correcting it.

J

JTW

I went around in circles with them and pictures of the installation instructions and their website images. They may have updated some and hopefully correcting it.
When did you have these convos?
I'm curious if this isn't the reason for the delay?

Ridem32

Ridem32

Apr 28, 2016
Terry
@pwinfieldgilmore. Do your shocks have RZR wrote on them? The black shocks that hold up
W/S?

Ridem32

Ridem32

Apr 28, 2016
Terry
Also no answer from you. Do you have the factory roof?

advertisement
P

pwinfieldgilmore

Dec 22, 2016
Fall City
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Also no answer from you. Do you have the factory roof?

I was making a custom aluminum roof. It's delayed until I get home in march. Im down near Mexico in SoCal for next two months.

Ridem32

Ridem32

Apr 28, 2016
Terry
My only complaint is that you can't tighten the clamps very tight they will pop apart and fall off if you tighten them like they should be tightened

Reactions: Remington
Ridem32

Ridem32

Apr 28, 2016
Terry
Ok my factory roof over hangs my windshield and roof also drops below it see my pics

P

pwinfieldgilmore

Dec 22, 2016
Fall City
Ownership

1. 1000-5
My only complaint is that you can't tighten the clamps very tight they will pop apart and fall off if you tighten them like they should be tightened

Oh, that was so frustrating. I found wake board tower mounts that look good but need to be machined down a bit thinner. Those clamps are junkers. The whole w/s is pretty crappy. I'd almost rather have a fold down off a golf cart at this point.

J

JTW

P

pwinfieldgilmore

Dec 22, 2016
Fall City
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I messed up my last break for the bend width over the w/s and it didn't quite sit tight to the w/s. So, time ran out and it had to wait. I have a sheet metal shop up the road that builds food trucks did the breaks on the aluminum plate. Otherwise, it's really sleek looking. Has a 3" bend just enough to cover the roll bar and sits tight to the bars with little clearance above. Doesn't look so top heavy.

Remington

Remington

Fife! POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X

I have a complete write up on this! Just search super atv windshield. They don't make it, they outsource it clamps and all! I delt with those guys for a few months and 3 windshields and about a dozen clamps. Didn't sound like they have fixed there issues, and that was 6 months ago! It's a complete F show with them, and I'm an easy going guy so that Says a lot! Some unsolicited advice: run to the hills! Run for your lives! Lol

Reactions: JTW and Ridem32
advertisement