P1000 Who sells flip up windshield that will open fully?

C

chillout

Nov 26, 2016
Tx
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
All I have found so far will open about 6'' but EMP makes one for the Polaris RZR 1000 that opens all the way and will stay open when driving. It has gas struts that will hold it open at any position you set. I understand the Pioneer 1000 5 is new compared to the RZR's, but it cant be a big deal to make one to fit the Honda's if you are already making one for the Polaris 1000. All of us have had times of the day when the sun glare is so bad it is difficult to see thru the windshield, especially if it is a little dusty. Any suggestions??? And yes, I contacted EMP to see if they make it for the Honda's. Thanks, Jim

LandPioneer

LandPioneer

Lifetime Member
Aug 22, 2016
Lebanon TN
Ownership

1. 700-4
All I have found so far will open about 6'' but EMP makes one for the Polaris RZR 1000 that opens all the way and will stay open when driving. It has gas struts that will hold it open at any position you set. I understand the Pioneer 1000 5 is new compared to the RZR's, but it cant be a big deal to make one to fit the Honda's if you are already making one for the Polaris 1000. All of us have had times of the day when the sun glare is so bad it is difficult to see thru the windshield, especially if it is a little dusty. Any suggestions??? And yes, I contacted EMP to see if they make it for the Honda's. Thanks, Jim
Honda Pioneer 1000 Scratch Resistant Flip Windshield

Reactions: JTW
LandPioneer

LandPioneer

Lifetime Member
Aug 22, 2016
Lebanon TN
Ownership

1. 700-4
That's what I was looking for, thanks.
No problem... I put one on my 700 and it isn't bad for the money. Don't forget to use a discount code if you buy. You'll get like 10% off.

Ridem32

Ridem32

Apr 28, 2016
Terry
I got the Superatv flip out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Manshoon

Manshoon

Jul 5, 2016
Eastern Washington
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Do not currently own
I have the Honda pop out windshield on mine, for what you get I wish I would have went with the Super ATV flip out. The fitment is a little off at the bottom, at least on my old 2015 Viking. To be able to flip the windshield up and out is a blessing in the summertime.

J

JTW

I tried to place an order thru SuperATV, but the cart changed to "no longer available". It may just be out of stock and I will try again in a couple of days.
They're waiting on stock to arrive.. it got pushed back, supposed to be around the 5th of January now for the flip 1000 windshield. I know, I'm waiting for two. I did get this ad email... I would call and see if they would honor the 20% since they didn't have the product you wanted in stock!
I've had great luck calling and dealing with them..

IMG 1717

C

chillout

Nov 26, 2016
Tx
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
They're waiting on stock to arrive.. it got pushed back, supposed to be around the 5th of January now for the flip 1000 windshield. I know, I'm waiting for two. I did get this ad email... I would call and see if they would honor the 20% since they didn't have the product you wanted in stock!

View attachment 28780

Per your suggestion, I called this morning and was put on a "call list" to be notified when they are back in stock. He told me he would talk to his supervisor to see if they would honor the Dec. 17 discount. Thanks for your help, Jim

J

JTW

Per your suggestion, I called this morning and was put on a "call list" to be notified when they are back in stock. He told me he would talk to his supervisor to see if they would honor the Dec. 17 discount. Thanks for your help, Jim
FYI.. I had a buddy do the same today and they allowed it. It's not your fault it was out of stock!!

advertisement
P

pwinfieldgilmore

Dec 22, 2016
Fall City
Ownership

1. 1000-5

View attachment 28780
I'm new here so hi there. I bought a super atv pop up. The drip protector is backwards so water all runs on your lap. I've called them, talked to them and showed them pictures from their website and they say it is what it is. I want to replace it with something better. Waiting for that to come out from a different supplier. It also came scratched. I called. They gave me a $50 gift card. It was shown in instructions robbed from other model sxs's so, instructions even had the windshield upper lip shown two different directions. After many calls ad frustration, they said the lip facing back, not up was correct hence allowing water to run up and on your lap and face when down or, all the water into the cab when in the up position. It's going away as soon as another company makes one.

J

JTW

I'm new here so hi there. I bought a super atv pop up. The drip protector is backwards so water all runs on your lap. I've called them, talked to them and showed them pictures from their website and they say it is what it is. I want to replace it with something better. Waiting for that to come out from a different supplier. It also came scratched. I called. They gave me a $50 gift card. It was shown in instructions robbed from other model sxs's so, instructions even had the windshield upper lip shown two different directions. After many calls ad frustration, they said the lip facing back, not up was correct hence allowing water to run up and on your lap and face when down or, all the water into the cab when in the up position. It's going away as soon as another company makes one.
Well that sucks! There's no way you had it flipped the wrong way? Which model machine? Haven't gotten mine for the 1000 yet but the p500 was great. They could use some sort of a flexible gasket at the top and I have an idea for that. But if it was molded wrong and came scratched that's BS!! Odd that they wouldn't allow you to return it for another? I have nothing but good things to say about my experiences with them. So far!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Ridem32

Ridem32

Apr 28, 2016
Terry
I have one & water don't run into my lap. I ran with it up all summer no water. I took the top part off and water ran in my lap from my roof. Not sure which way the lip is facing on mine but I will look tomorrow it's in my shop

Reactions: LandPioneer and JTW
P

pwinfieldgilmore

Dec 22, 2016
Fall City
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have one & water don't run into my lap. I ran with it up all summer no water. I took the top part off and water ran in my lap from my roof. Not sure which way the lip is facing on mine but I will look tomorrow it's in my shop

I showed them pictures from their own website and they said that was the razor. I also live in the foothills of the cascade mountains. It rains a bit outside Seattle area. If the lip faced upwards water would shed out to the side rather than right on me.

Ridem32

Ridem32

Apr 28, 2016
Terry
Are you using the factory roof?

J

JTW

Interesting... yeah, that sucks! My p500 flipped out the other way. @Jbird how does your windshield look?

J

JTW

I'll be gettting mine soon and will obviously be new stock.. we'll see if that's changed! I'm betting that was just a moulding fubar.

Ridem32

Ridem32

Apr 28, 2016
Terry
Mine don't leak water on me if it rains I shut mine that's why I got it for rain and for cold wind

advertisement