P1000m5 What did you add to/do with your Pioneer 1000 5 today?

PJon

PJon

Lifetime Member
Dec 9, 2020
Arizona
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Which lift?? They have several. How much?
This one. 1500 lb . capacity, aluminum
IMG 0711

Reactions: Robobrainiac
C

chucksmith0706

Jul 22, 2020
Louisiana
Nice! I’m interested in hearing what you think after using it for a while.
I assume easy to remove when you want to use the rear seats?

Sure will, I was going to order a mat, but for what I paid for this was same price. It fit well. I have a 21 so I had to remove the metal hand rail loop or whatever it is. I am thinking about using some plastic retainers to keep it in place. Fits really well in front but back comes in a bit. Sits flush with very little effort. Its was out of the bike so hoping this Louisiana heat at my metal shop will help relax it back to original fitment.
Yeah just pops in and out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

G

GolfCart

Mar 4, 2023
NH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Got one of them a few years back, and it works great at keeping stuff getting on the seats and other places.
I don't attach mine at all, don't see the need to. It stays well with no attaching required which makes taking it in and out quicker.
I still have the rear handrail loops on mine which makes it a little tight to get in and out, but no big deal.

Reactions: PJon and Rayger143
RacinJasonWV

RacinJasonWV

Aug 8, 2022
WV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Sure will, I was going to order a mat, but for what I paid for this was same price. It fit well. I have a 21 so I had to remove the metal hand rail loop or whatever it is. I am thinking about using some plastic retainers to keep it in place. Fits really well in front but back comes in a bit. Sits flush with very little effort. Its was out of the bike so hoping this Louisiana heat at my metal shop will help relax it back to original fitment.
Yeah just pops in and out.

Yeah, I’m thinking a mat may actually be better for our use (since it pops out and stores easily) but still interested in your results. We do use our back seats somewhat regularly but the stuff falling down the cracks when using the bed is really annoying!

Reactions: chucksmith0706
C

chucksmith0706

Jul 22, 2020
Louisiana
Got one of them a few years back, and it works great at keeping stuff getting on the seats and other places.
I don't attach mine at all, don't see the need to. It stays well with no attaching required which makes taking it in and out quicker.
I still have the rear handrail loops on mine which makes it a little tight to get in and out, but no big deal.

Pics? Did you cut the liner?

advertisement
Dirtstiffs-1000

Dirtstiffs-1000

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Nov 3, 2018
Republican from the wet side of Oregonifornia
hondasxs.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Added the Superatv Frame and A arm stiffener kit, 7/13/24.
2018 Pioneer 1000 5.
FS-H-PIO1K6-01-M

No issues with the plate or gusset bolt alignment.
Plate is slotted for adjustment.

About the install -
Don't use ramps.
Jack up the front end.
Remove tires.
Loosely install the stiffener plate.
Remove the OEM A arm bolts and install the center A arm brackets and shims, then the gussets and shims, then loosely tie them all together with the supplied A arm bolts.

The kit could have been better if the hardware were stamped with the letter shown on the part sheet.

Once I decipered the shims, I taped them to the gusset bracket.
Paint marks helped with alignment.

It takes a while tightening all the hardware in sequence; Gussets, A arm bolts and Stiffener plate bolts.
All while keeping everything aligned, centered and even, on both sides.

Test drive.
Then a final tightening of everything.

Another hardware thing I didn't like, is all the bolt heads and lock nuts were different sized, so I was constantly chasing, changing or looking for the right wrench or socket. J/M problem.

I also did this in 100 degree heat, which probably made the install harder than it needed to be.
With breaks, took me a couple hours.

Wheeler handles and steers normally. No sluggish turning or stiff feel, FWIW.

Pre - emptive maintenance and I needed a project today.
Good Luck!

20240713 142731
20240713 141051
20240713 142752

Last edited:
C

chucksmith0706

Jul 22, 2020
Louisiana
Added the Superatv Frame and A arm stiffener kit, 7/13/24.
2018 Pioneer 1000 5.
FS-H-PIO1K6-01-M

No issues with the plate or gusset bolt alignment.
Plate is slotted for adjustment.

About the install -
Don't use ramps.
Jack up the front end.
Remove tires.
Loosely install the stiffener plate.
Remove the OEM A arm bolts and install the center A arm brackets and shims, then the gussets and shims, then loosely tie them all together with the supplied A arm bolts.

The kit could have been better if the hardware were stamped with the letter shown on the part sheet.

Once I decipered the shims, I taped them to the gusset bracket.
Paint marks helped with alignment.

It takes a while tightening all the hardware in sequence; Gussets, A arm bolts and Stiffener plate bolts.
All while keeping everything aligned, centered and even, on both sides.

Test drive.
Then a final tightening of everything.

Another hardware thing I didn't like, is all the bolt heads and lock nuts were different sized, so I was constantly chasing, changing or looking for the right wrench or socket. J/M problem.

I also did this in 100 degree heat, which probably made the install harder than it needed to be.
With breaks, took me a couple hours.

Wheeler handles and steers normally. No sluggish turning or stiff feel, FWIW.

Pre - emptive maintenance and I needed a project today.
Good Luck!

View attachment 436958View attachment 436959View attachment 436957

That looks awesome for the control arms, wonder if it will work with their skid plate?

Last edited:
C

chucksmith0706

Jul 22, 2020
Louisiana
[mention]SuperATV [/mention] what’s different between the 16-17 and 18 and above? I thought it changed at 2022 and above? It’s the same directions for both kits.

Thanks,
Chuck

advertisement