What are these?

B

BigSG

Supporting Member
Jul 22, 2024
California
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I decided to remove the warning sticker on the dash of my 2024 PK5 Trail because I’m a rebel and I ran into these guys. Anybody know what they are? Prewiring for the blank rocker bank?

IMG 4567 IMG 4566

NewHere2

NewHere2

Village Idiot In Training
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Mar 9, 2020
High Plains of SD
Ownership

1. 700-4

2. 1000-5
Those are connector holder tabs for the wiring under the dash. For the switches in the dash
Troof dat ! But it’s important to remove dem in the proper sequence !

It’s the same sequence as the firing order of a 1946 Farmal 4 cylinder tractor :

1 - 3 - 4 - 2 Hope dat helps.

NewHere2

NewHere2

Village Idiot In Training
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Mar 9, 2020
High Plains of SD
Ownership

1. 700-4

2. 1000-5
IMG 0356

The tabs hold the wires for the switches in the dash.

If you squeeze the tabs together with a pliers, you can push them inside.

You can cut an access hole as shown in the picture. Best to leave those 4 mounts, but you can do what works best for you.

Best to leave a rim around the outer area for mounting a cover plate. Again what works best for you.

All the wires coming out the cutout are extra ones I installed. Nothing in the way back there, just use common sense and don’t cut to deep.

Sure makes it easier for mounting switches in the lower row.

Good Luck.

B

BigSG

Supporting Member
Jul 22, 2024
California
Ownership

1. 1000-5
View attachment 438979

The tabs hold the wires for the switches in the dash.

If you squeeze the tabs together with a pliers, you can push them inside.

You can cut an access hole as shown in the picture. Best to leave those 4 mounts, but you can do what works best for you.

Best to leave a rim around the outer area for mounting a cover plate. Again what works best for you.

All the wires coming out the cutout are extra ones I installed. Nothing in the way back there, just use common sense and don’t cut to deep.

Sure makes it easier for mounting switches in the lower row.

Good Luck.
Thank you! Some great advice. I am planning on leaving them alone. I ordered a flush dash mount and will hopefully stay away from them all together.
Crossroads 3D Dash Mount Compatible with Auxbeam 8-Gang Switch Panel and Honda Pioneer 1000 (2022+) Mount The 8-Gang Panel to Your P1000 Dash
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0BVXJ299L?tag=sxsweb24-20

Reactions: Remington and CID
advertisement