P1000 Well... I may be jumpin ship..

strongbuilt

strongbuilt

Sep 7, 2017
Utah
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hey guys I appreciate all your help and insight into this crazy SXS life, I think its time to go pure sport SXS. Special shoutout to HondaSXS. You run a great Forum! I think I have the wife talked into selling the pioneer and getting something with a turbo. I wont use any names for respect of this HONDA Family. Thanks Gents!

Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Just because you choose to own a turbo SXS does not mean you need to leave. As long as you keep a thick skin for some harassment, we will always accept you.

When does the part out begin?
Put a turbo on yours!

BeerMonkey

BeerMonkey

Mar 29, 2017
Mid TN
like he said^ this is a cool forum why leave? people are friendly, the discussion is better than any other forum ive been on, and you never know when you can help someone out.

Once you do join the dark side just make sure you have tough skin like @Neohio said. of course it is hard to ever not have a smile on your face when you get to hear the BRRRAPPPP PSSHHHH of a turbo every day......

BeerMonkey

BeerMonkey

Mar 29, 2017
Mid TN
Bring that new machine to the @Takeover
Yea @strongbuilt bring the new machine. we can show these honda guys what a sport machine looks like

20171016 081453

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Hey guys I appreciate all your help and insight into this crazy SXS life, I think its time to go pure sport SXS. Special shoutout to HondaSXS. You run a great Forum! I think I have the wife talked into selling the pioneer and getting something with a turbo. I wont use any names for respect of this HONDA Family. Thanks Gents!
You’ve had some cool ideas and followed through very well so props on that. Hate to see a good guy go because Honda is slow on getting the beast out but it’s understandable. Best of luck and like many have said hope you stick around. We still like that damn @BeerMonkey so you’d probably be fine:)

advertisement
BeerMonkey

BeerMonkey

Mar 29, 2017
Mid TN
not my cup of tea, the three wheel dive is a deal breaker not to mention the in cabin noise. i rode with a buddy in his new x3 i have to say it was a very plush ride but its a corvette in a jeep world it felt like. i was horse the next day from trying to talk over the motor noise. the seating position is alot like a tube buggy (low, leaned back and planted) but you cant see in front of you. It would take a lot of getting use to for me. but im riding in the TN woods and crawling in the mountains not the dunes and moab badlands.

nbomar

nbomar

Lifetime Member
Oct 11, 2015
Springdale, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
not my cup of tea, the three wheel dive is a deal breaker not to mention the in cabin noise. i rode with a buddy in his new x3 i have to say it was a very plush ride but its a corvette in a jeep world it felt like. i was horse the next day from trying to talk over the motor noise. the seating position is alot like a tube buggy (low, leaned back and planted) but you cant see in front of you. It would take a lot of getting use to for me. but im riding in the TN woods and crawling in the mountains not the dunes and moab badlands.

I’ve been a fan of the X3 from the outside. I understand your complaints though. I wonder if the rock crawler version of it is any better with those issue. I know the visco lock just has to be upgraded, but the seating and view out I would hope is better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Plumber32

Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I’ve been a fan of the X3 from the outside. I understand your complaints though. I wonder if the rock crawler version of it is any better with those issue. I know the visco lock just has to be upgraded, but the seating and view out I would hope is better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I believe the rock crawler has a front locker.

J

JTW

Well that didn’t last long.

Reactions: pct and strongbuilt
LandPioneer

LandPioneer

Lifetime Member
Aug 22, 2016
Lebanon TN
Ownership

1. 700-4
@strongbuilt I don't blame you bud. The Honda Pioneer takes a lot of add ons to make it able to go where stock sports can go. You'll also go at a much slower pace! I've had mine for about 1 1/2 yrs and I really do like it. However, I've come to realize I don't really use it unless trail riding. Therefore a sport will definitely be in my future. I'm waiting for the right machine. There's nothing on the market right now that tickles my fancy Lol...

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
@strongbuilt I don't blame you bud. The Honda Pioneer takes a lot of add ons to make it able to go where stock sports can go. You'll also go at a much slower pace! I've had mine for about 1 1/2 yrs and I really do like it. However, I've come to realize I don't really use it unless trail riding. Therefore a sport will definitely be in my future. I'm waiting for the right machine. There's nothing on the market right now that tickles my fancy Lol...

Honda has a SPORT shaped hole in their lineup.

If I had the money and the space for a 2nd sport machine I’d buy one but I need the utility of the Pioneer. It gets used a lot around the land, a sport alone just wouldn’t work for me and for a “Farm Rig” the Pioneer goes anywhere I could realistically want to try to drive it.

There are a few hills I won’t try because it’s a top heavy crossover but I’m ok with that.

LandPioneer

LandPioneer

Lifetime Member
Aug 22, 2016
Lebanon TN
Ownership

1. 700-4
Honda has a SPORT shaped hole in their lineup.

If I had the money and the space for a 2nd sport machine I’d buy one but I need the utility of the Pioneer. It gets used a lot around the land, a sport alone just wouldn’t work for me and for a “Farm Rig” the Pioneer goes anywhere I could realistically want to try to drive it.

There are a few hills I won’t try because it’s a top heavy crossover but I’m ok with that.
I agree there is definitely a hole. However, we've been hearing this song a dance for a while now. I'll believe it when I see it...
I also agree that the Pioneer is very versatile. However, it is not really great at anything. I would say it is more good at most things. Is it great for hunting and working around the farm? Sure... Can you take it on the trail and have fun? Sure... However, it isn't nearly as capable as a sport and never will be. I have a piece of property that I haven't really done anything with yet. Once we move onto it, I'm sure the Pioneer will come in handy. I would love to be able to keep it and also get a sport to play with. Not sure that will be in the cards but we'll see...

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X4
Hell Yeah Fellas! I will stick around you guys are awesome, I have met Jackal already and didn't freak out so i have some pretty thick skin!!

You might be surprised at what HONDA has to offer, perhaps even a turbo option. But I sure have no idea when you can buy it, but here's hoping by next Christmas as a 2019 model.

Reactions: pct and strongbuilt
ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I agree there is definitely a hole. However, we've been hearing this song a dance for a while now. I'll believe it when I see it...
I also agree that the Pioneer is very versatile. However, it is not really great at anything. I would say it is more good at most things. Is it great for hunting and working around the farm? Sure... Can you take it on the trail and have fun? Sure... However, it isn't nearly as capable as a sport and never will be. I have a piece of property that I haven't really done anything with yet. Once we move onto it, I'm sure the Pioneer will come in handy. I would love to be able to keep it and also get a sport to play with. Not sure that will be in the cards but we'll see...

I wish I didn’t need the utility, it be easy to jump to a sport because while it’s capable, it’s not a sport.

But at the same time, the kind of trail riding I do, a sport isn’t going to be that much faster. Too tight of trails and too rough even for a sport to stretch its legs and pour on the speed without tearing stuff up for no reason or having to upgrade it to be able to handle speed and terrain.

Sport travel would be nice.

advertisement