P1000 Water in rear end question

IXInaplesIXI

IXInaplesIXI

Dec 2, 2020
South Florida
Ownership

1. 1000-5
So I have taken the Pioneer on three trips, two have had water. The deepest I have gone was about 2 feet. I took my bikes in for the first service and my Pioneer already has water in the rear end. I extended all the vent lines already. After I pick it up from the shop I will check to make sure I didn't mess up the vent lines. But I was wondering has any one had water get in easily in the rear or front ends? I know it will eventually get in but I didn't think it would be this fast.

TripleB

TripleB

Lifetime Member
Aug 13, 2018
Caryville, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
So I have taken the Pioneer on three trips, two have had water. The deepest I have gone was about 2 feet. I took my bikes in for the first service and my Pioneer already has water in the rear end. I extended all the vent lines already. After I pick it up from the shop I will check to make sure I didn't mess up the vent lines. But I was wondering has any one had water get in easily in the rear or front ends? I know it will eventually get in but I didn't think it would be this fast.
I haven't had any signs of water yet. More than likely you make a bad connection or pulled a connection loose. I was paranoid after I extended my vent lines because I second guess everything thing I do. But all have been good so far. Knock on wood.

IXInaplesIXI

IXInaplesIXI

Dec 2, 2020
South Florida
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I haven't had any signs of water yet. More than likely you make a bad connection or pulled a connection loose. I was paranoid after I extended my vent lines because I second guess everything thing I do. But all have been good so far. Knock on wood.
I hope your right and I find something I missed or something loose.

CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
I hope your right and I find something I missed or something loose.
If you don't find something obvious, pressurize it with a few pounds of air pressure and squirt it down with soapy water, the leak should be obvious. DO NOT hit it with 100 pounds of tank pressure. :oops:

IXInaplesIXI

IXInaplesIXI

Dec 2, 2020
South Florida
Ownership

1. 1000-5
If you don't find something obvious, pressurize it with a few pounds of air pressure and squirt it down with soapy water, the leak should be obvious. DO NOT hit it with 100 pounds of tank pressure. :oops:
I will thanks for the idea

Reactions: CID
bigshoe

bigshoe

Aug 17, 2020
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Umm do u fully trust the service department u took it to. I dropped mine off for a recall and ask them to look at low range, was having problems getting it im sometimes. next day they informed something in sub trans was bad. I informed them it was still under warranty 2 days later I got it back with cable adjusted which I knew was the problem to begin with im just saying some of these places are sketchy at best.

• Sad
Reactions: CID and TripleB
IXInaplesIXI

IXInaplesIXI

Dec 2, 2020
South Florida
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Umm do u fully trust the service department u took it to. I dropped mine off for a recall and ask them to look at low range, was having problems getting it im sometimes. next day they informed something in sub trans was bad. I informed them it was still under warranty 2 days later I got it back with cable adjusted which I knew was the problem to begin with im just saying some of these places are sketchy at best.
Yea, it’s a local family owned shop. Very trustworthy been here since early 80’s. I know what you mean though, I always try to deal with people I trust.

Reactions: CID and TripleB