ehart814

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Mar 28, 2016
NWPA
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
Well now you're talking about tax reform, on that we agree heartily. In fact sense you agree that taxes are necessary, we agree on everything. Seems like Ben Carson was promoting the tithing system. Everybody pays 10% of gross starting at the poverty line.

We do need incentive to save, and be more independent. Problem is, the new majority doesn't want to hear that. They want free cell phones and free cars and all that. The inner city population has the numbers to control the vote. I'm in PA and our state's politics are controlled by Philadelphia. You go practically anywhere else in PA and it's more on the conservative side. Any candidate that doesn't at least have some appeal to that population will never have a chance. This election is a mess. It's sad that these are the best two candidates we can come up with. But, as always, it's the lesser of two evils. 90% chance Trump will be a better president than HRC. 25% chance he'll be a great president. 50% chance he will be an OK president. 25% chance he will be an awful president.... Unfortunately, that's what we're left with.

Reactions: JTW and LandPioneer
LandPioneer

LandPioneer

Lifetime Member
Aug 22, 2016
Lebanon TN
Ownership

1. 700-4
Well now you're talking about tax reform, on that we agree heartily. In fact sense you agree that taxes are necessary, we agree on everything. Seems like Ben Carson was promoting the tithing system. Everybody pays 10% of gross starting at the poverty line.
I liked a lot of Ben Carson's ideas. He was too honest and real to be of any interest to Americans. I honestly think that man could've made a difference. He is an extremely intelligent self made man who could've turned this country back into the intended direction.

Reactions: JTW and rocmar
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
If paying taxes is American, how do 45% of Americans get away with paying none? What do you consider fair share? I pay my taxes but believe you me that if I could pay less I most certainly would. Especially when there is no way in hell I use over $50k worth of government services per year.
Seems odd to me that we get our knickers in a knot over 45%, mostly the lower class of Americans, not paying taxes, but a billionaire pays none, brags about it, and that's just fine. It's not just fine to that percentage of us that also work hard and pay our taxes and believe he ought to also.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
I liked a lot of Ben Carson's ideas. He was too honest and real to be of any interest to Americans. I honestly think that man could've made a difference. He is an extremely intelligent self made man who could've turned this country back into the intended direction.
Well there's a lot of daylight between he and Trump. Trumps none of the things that you just ascribed to Carson.

LandPioneer

LandPioneer

Lifetime Member
Aug 22, 2016
Lebanon TN
Ownership

1. 700-4
Seems odd to me that we get our knickers in a knot over 45%, mostly the lower class of Americans, not paying taxes, but a billionaire pays none, brags about it, and that's just fine. It's not just fine to that percentage of us that also work hard and pay our taxes and believe he ought to also.

Oh he's paying, he's just not paying the asinine amount the gov't wants him to. He is however creating jobs that pay in lots of tax dollars. I think everyone should pay some sort of taxes. No matter how little you make. There is no way someone could convince me that 45% of Americans should not be paying taxes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: JTW
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
We do need incentive to save, and be more independent. Problem is, the new majority doesn't want to hear that. They want free cell phones and free cars and all that. The inner city population has the numbers to control the vote. I'm in PA and our state's politics are controlled by Philadelphia. You go practically anywhere else in PA and it's more on the conservative side. Any candidate that doesn't at least have some appeal to that population will never have a chance. This election is a mess. It's sad that these are the best two candidates we can come up with. But, as always, it's the lesser of two evils. 90% chance Trump will be a better president than HRC. 25% chance he'll be a great president. 50% chance he will be an OK president. 25% chance he will be an awful president.... Unfortunately, that's what we're left with.
We agree that this elections a mess. I'm of the age that I'm sick of holding my nose and voting for one because they're a bit less evil than the other. Both of them are deeply flawed and polarising. Never before has a candidate been so disliked as these two, and therefore neither off them are a suitable choice for us. Both of them represent gridlock on an unprecedented scale. If the 42% of Americans that register as independent, voted independent, we'd be inaugurating Gary Johnson next January.

LandPioneer

LandPioneer

Lifetime Member
Aug 22, 2016
Lebanon TN
Ownership

1. 700-4
Well there's a lot of daylight between he and Trump. Trumps none of the things that you just ascribed to Carson.

I totally agree, I'm not a big Trump guy. All I know is Hillary will continue down the path Obama is going. Trump may not be the best but anything is better than the path we are going down.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Oh he's paying, he's just not paying the asinine amount the gov't wants him to. He is however creating jobs that pay in lots of tax dollars. I think everyone should pay some sort of taxes. No matter how little you make. There is no way someone could convince me that 45% of Americans should not be paying taxes.

He's gone bankrupt a half a dozen times stiffing the contractors and subcontractors that hired all those jobs. He's Ben the benificiary of government grants and rebuild projects. He brags that he pays no taxes. He's no answer to the problem that I posted in the op and here since.

ehart814

ehart814

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Mar 28, 2016
NWPA
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
If the 42% of Americans that register as independent, voted independent, we'd be inaugurating Gary Johnson next January.

But they won't.

Reactions: JTW
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
I totally agree, I'm not a big Trump guy. All I know is Hillary will continue down the path Obama is going. Trump may not be the best but anything is better than the path we are going down.

Yes, Hillary must be kept out of the Whitehouse as well, I thought I'd been clear on that before.

advertisement
LandPioneer

LandPioneer

Lifetime Member
Aug 22, 2016
Lebanon TN
Ownership

1. 700-4
Yes, Hillary must be kept out of the Whitehouse as well, I thought I'd been clear on that before.

So how do we keep both Trump and Hillary out? Lol. As bad as it sucks he's the best candidate of the 2.

drfubar

drfubar

TheDonFather
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 7, 2016
Mary's Ridge (Dayton Mtn), TN
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Save everywhere you can. If your employer has a 401K, take advantage of it. If they don't open one yourself. If your employer gives you a break on buying their stock do it... You will never miss it... You will be glad you did when you reach retirement age... Less stress... I'm so glad I did.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
So how do we keep both Trump and Hillary out? Lol. As bad as it sucks he's the best candidate of the 2.

Again..... Registered independents have grown to 42%!!!!! Yeah, a bigger block than either registered republicans or democrats. These independents are people who have become disgruntled with their party, pissed about the status quo and they realize that nothing changes for the good, no matter which of those parties are in power. All these people need to do is vote third party and teach the republicans and democrats both that we're sick of their s***, and we're not taking it anymore. If every republican voted for Trump, and every democrat voted for Clinton and every independent voted for Johnson, Johnson gets inaugurated next January. It really is that simple.

rocmar

rocmar

Where Eagles & Angels....Dare to Fly...
Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
Big ugly world out there:::::
Post after post of whining
over the same things.......

Trump wants the job.......
Clinton been there....over 30 yrs
Trump don't need the job
Clinton needs the job
so....go buy a few happy meals
for some hungry kids.....
or go clean out that old lady's
rain gutters....
Think you guys need to go
see a few people smile & show
happiness....that YOU CAUSED....

Just sayin........

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
If you could legally get away without paying taxes you would. Get over it.
The op is about the problem for Americas future because people aren't saving. I understand that there's politics to that, but I figured in your first post you might share on topic what you've done/are doing to save for your own retirement?? Perhaps we could glean from you.

ehart814

ehart814

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Mar 28, 2016
NWPA
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
Again..... Registered independents have grown to 42%!!!!! Yeah, a bigger block than either registered republicans or democrats. These independents are people who have become disgruntled with their party, pissed about the status quo and they realize that nothing changes for the good, no matter which of those parties are in power. All these people need to do is vote third party and teach the republicans and democrats both that we're sick of their s***, and we're not taking it anymore. If every republican voted for Trump, and every democrat voted for Clinton and every independent voted for Johnson, Johnson gets inaugurated next January. It really is that simple.

That's great. Here's the problem. I am a registered independent. BUT, since most (probably 90% - total guess there) independent voters will NOT vote for the independent candidate, a vote for the 3rd party might as well be a vote for HRC. Hoping that anywhere near 42% of voters that are registered as independent will vote 3rd party is like hoping for a unicorn ride to the polls - ain't gonna happen.

And, as usual, it's not about voting for who you want - it's voting strategically against the enemy.

This is a depressing thread. How did I let myself get into a political discussion??? Ugh. :(

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
That's great. Here's the problem. I am a registered independent. BUT, since most (probably 90% - total guess there) independent voters will NOT vote for the independent candidate, a vote for the 3rd party might as well be a vote for HRC. Hoping that anywhere near 42% of voters that are registered as independent will vote 3rd party is like hoping for a unicorn ride to the polls - ain't gonna happen.

And, as usual, it's not about voting for who you want - it's voting strategically against the enemy.

This is a depressing thread. How did I let myself get into a political discussion??? Ugh. :(
As long as every independent says that, yes, it's a self fulfilling prophecy. Btw, polling data indicates that Johnson pulls equally and slightly more from HRC.

Gary Johnson, taking more voters from Hillary Clinton than Donald Trump, aims for shocker

Polls: Libertarian Gary Johnson Will Likely Hurt Hillary Clinton More Than Donald Trump - Breitbart

Gary Johnsons platform actually addresses the issue of Americans saving, and getting government out of the way of that.

That shouldn't be depressing.

Last edited:
rocmar

rocmar

Where Eagles & Angels....Dare to Fly...
Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
The op is about the problem for Americas future because people aren't saving. I understand that there's politics to that, but I figured in your first post you might share on topic what you've done/are doing to save for your own retirement?? Perhaps we could glean from you.

Really.....dude
You had a chance to
show your real self.....
I'm retired...I've saved
$ isn't everything. ..makes
the misery...a little less
noticable.....
Your GREED & a person that
lacks....compassion
is not wat this country needs
& I don't think...you have made
one person....save a dime