Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
And they're not making it anymore...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Exactly. If you have it, you can hunt it, grow food on it, harvest timber to build shelter, and it gains in value that way as well.

Last edited:
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Lead and flint......That'll keep you fed when your forced to live off the land.
Yep, and it helps if you have land, when it gets bad, nobody's sharing.

Reactions: JTW
J

JTW

Yep, and it helps if you have land, when it gets bad, nobody's sharing.
I think it will be wise to stock up on some silver for one of these days. I have a friend that works with a guy who's grandpa was a Dr during the depression. For this guys 18th birthday his grandpa gave him a 50-100 acre farm he'd bought during the depression with silver he'd stashed back over the years. He actually bought several farms that way. He got incredible deals on them because he was one of the few around that had enough silver on hand to actually buy significant tracts at a drastically reduced price!

J

JTW

Well there ya have it!!

Reactions: Eltobgi and rocmar
ehart814

ehart814

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Mar 28, 2016
NWPA
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
Kinda sorta.. If you don't have money in the bank you can't buy the deals when they happen along.
Yes thats true... I'm in that situation now. haha. Looking for my winter project. I have found one that would be a good deal, and I would be able to make some money on. I'm trying to save up some cash, but if I had the cash I'd have bought it by now. Oh well... if I miss on this one it won't be the end of the world.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Silver was at $20.00 an ounce in 79/80. But much of the eighties and nineties it was under $10.00. If you bought silver at $6.00 an ounce back then and sold it when it peaked at $35.00 in 2012, you did well. Silver is still at record highs being about $20.00 an ounce presently, not the best time to buy.

J

JTW

Silver was at $20.00 an ounce in 79/80. But much of the eighties and nineties it was under $10.00. If you bought silver at $6.00 an ounce back then and sold it when it peaked at $35.00 in 2012, you did well. Silver is still at record highs being about $20.00 an ounce presently, not the best time to buy.
That's why I don't have any!

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Hand in hand with the issue of saving, and retirement, is debt. Debt early in ones life is one thing, but debt towards the end is big trouble. It seems that Americans habits are no different in Washington when it comes to money. Americans aren't saving, Washington's not saving. Americans are too deeply in debt, and so is our nation.

Why Retirees Are Carrying More Debt Than Ever

J

JTW

Yes thats true... I'm in that situation now. haha. Looking for my winter project. I have found one that would be a good deal, and I would be able to make some money on. I'm trying to save up some cash, but if I had the cash I'd have bought it by now. Oh well... if I miss on this one it won't be the end of the world.
Yup.. Deals come and go. There's always another that will come along.

advertisement
ehart814

ehart814

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Mar 28, 2016
NWPA
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
Hand in hand with the issue of saving, and retirement, is debt. Debt early in ones life is one thing, but debt towards the end is big trouble. It seems that Americans habits are no different in Washington when it comes to money. Americans aren't saving, Washington's not saving. Americans are too deeply in debt, and so is our nation.
Guilty!!!

ehart814

ehart814

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Mar 28, 2016
NWPA
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
Ehart, what kind of project are you looking for?

ATV or UTV fixer upper.... Last fall I found a deal on an old Suzuki 4x4 quad. Bought it for a song, replaced some parts (clutches, tires, fluids, etc) added some accessories - lights, rack bag, stuff like that. It was a solid machine to start, just a bit rough cosmetically and didn't run right. Fixed the carb - ran perfect. Cleaned it thoroughly, painted the racks... It looked and ran great. Put it up for sale in february with a price on it that I thought was too high. It sold in about 3 days. Made a pretty good profit on it, and that helped finance my P500. I enjoy tinkering with toys like that, and the winters suck here so it's not so bad being in a heated garage, drinking beer and turning wrenches. Keeps me off the couch, and a good way to earn a little extra cash.

ehart814

ehart814

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Mar 28, 2016
NWPA
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
Being aware is the first step in fixing it.. Most folks don't even see the error in their ways.

Very little self discipline here when it comes to spending money...

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Here's a year by year timeline of US national debt. The take away is that for the most part presidents both added to and paid down on the nations debts. It slowly grew to 900 billion over the course of 39 presidents and 200 years. Then came Reagan, Reagan paid down nothing and in 8 short years tripled our nations debt and set the course for presidents going forward. The last president to actually pay down on our nations debt a little was Eisenhower, 1957!!!!!!!

US National Debt by Year – Polidiotic

Gary Johnson would do things differently.

National debt of $20 trillion is obscene & unsustainable
By the time Barack Obama leaves office, the national debt will be $20 TRILLION. That is not just obscene, it is unsustainable. Responsibility for the years of deficit spending that have created our debt crisis rests squarely with BOTH the Republicans and the Democrats. The debt doubled under President George W. Bush--and doubled again under President Obama. During that time, both parties enjoyed control of Congress, and the deficit spending just kept piling up.
It doesn't have to be that way, despite what the politicians say. Governor Johnson has pledged that his first major act as President will be to submit to Congress a truly balanced budget. No gimmicks, no imaginary cuts in the distant future. Real reductions to bring spending into line with revenues, without tax increases. No line in the budget will be immune from scrutiny and reduction. And he pledges to veto any legislation that will result in deficit spending. No excuses. No games. A REAL balanced budget.
Gary Johnson on Budget & Economy

Last edited:
advertisement