Talon intake pre-filter kit

Tacoma77

Tacoma77

Jul 16, 2021
Illinois
Ownership

1. Talon R
The gray looks awesome! Very pleased with this color match. What do you guys think? My Talon finally got an upgrade from the first tube I made. It was hacked on and welded multiple times the painted to try!
View attachment 348545
View attachment 348546
Would this color be a option if I placed a order for my 21 live valve R ? Very interested I've been looking at your setup for a while now
Thanks
I can get some made next week and add to the website.
cool I'd like to place a order for one in metallic grey if you can put me down I can PayPal if you send me a invoice or I can place the order next week on the website

Reactions: Smittyp
highpocket74

highpocket74

Vendor
Jul 2, 2019
Kinder, Louisiana
www.10-80dirtsports.com
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon X
Would this color be a option if I placed a order for my 21 live valve R ? Very interested I've been looking at your setup for a while now
Thanks

cool I'd like to place a order for one in metallic grey if you can put me down I can PayPal if you send me a invoice or I can place the order next week on the website
I’ll let you know when they will be ready. It will be mid to late next week.

Reactions: Tacoma77
highpocket74

highpocket74

Vendor
Jul 2, 2019
Kinder, Louisiana
www.10-80dirtsports.com
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon X
Gray tubes are in stock. I have a few to get started until next round of fab and paint.
This will match the Metallic Gray fenders on Talon.
IMG 0146

IMG 0125

highpocket74

highpocket74

Vendor
Jul 2, 2019
Kinder, Louisiana
www.10-80dirtsports.com
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon X
Designed this new idea for extra rainy days. It would replace the prefilter, since in wet conditions you won't need to prefilter dust.

This is only a concept now. My plan is to try 3d printing one and see how it works.

Same diameter as the prefilter but only a few inches tall. This could possibly be stuffed with a foam to serve a prefilter.

Tube rain cap v5

Tube rain cap side view

CMB

CMB

Lifetime Member
Nov 10, 2019
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X LV
Any promo codes available ?

advertisement
BobFarrell

BobFarrell

Lifetime Member
Mar 17, 2022
Arizona
Ownership

1. Talon X
First black rain cap printed in ASA filament didn’t print perfectly. ASA is much more finicky than PLA. It looks good even with imperfections. I’ll try again for a better print.
View attachment 351748
View attachment 351749
I like the looks of the "Rainy-Day Cap" but in AZ, we only get 2 days that it's not dry and dusty so I will have to wait until an out-of-state trip...... Keep up the great innovations! I'm a fan of your work and have purchased several of your products. Thanks!!!

highpocket74

highpocket74

Vendor
Jul 2, 2019
Kinder, Louisiana
www.10-80dirtsports.com
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon X
Notice to potential customers:
The last desertcraft pre-filter in stock sold today. My website will show all kits out of stock with no pre-filters available. Tubes are still in stock for those who want to run their own filters. More DC pre-filters are scheduled to be in stock later this week or next week. More tubes going to powder coat this week also.

highpocket74

highpocket74

Vendor
Jul 2, 2019
Kinder, Louisiana
www.10-80dirtsports.com
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon X

Over 200 of these kits sold, zero returns.

Last edited:
highpocket74

highpocket74

Vendor
Jul 2, 2019
Kinder, Louisiana
www.10-80dirtsports.com
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon X
Today I applied for a provisional patent for the intake tube design, excluding the air filter because that's not mine. We shall see what happens. If anything having a patent certificate on the wall would be cool! I've sold many more of these intakes than I thought I would. So I figured why not apply.

Tramguage1

Tramguage1

Texan
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 2, 2015
Somereset, Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Today I applied for a provisional patent for the intake tube design, excluding the air filter because that's not mine. We shall see what happens. If anything having a patent certificate on the wall would be cool! I've sold many more of these intakes than I thought I would. So I figured why not apply.
Congratulations and good luck on getting the patent

advertisement