Talon Switch to fit cutout next to headlights switch

jonathannook

jonathannook

Oct 7, 2019
Quartzsite AZ
Ownership

1. Talon R
Does anyone know of a switch that fits the larger 2.25" removable opening next to the normal headlight switch? Most rocker switches I'm finding are made for a smaller opening, but Honda's obviously used much larger switches. Thanks!

W

Wigglysqiggly

May 8, 2019
Phoenix
Ownership

1. Talon X
I just cut it to retro fit the switch

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
I have searched high and low.
I can not find switches this size.
Someone had a insert that "kinda" fit. It was somewhat loose but held.
Others have drimealed out a hole to fit the carling switches. That looked good.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Reactions: BWAF and ohanacreek
jonathannook

jonathannook

Oct 7, 2019
Quartzsite AZ
Ownership

1. Talon R
I just cut it to retro fit the switch
No cutting necessary. The space next to the headlight switch is a popout, which when removed leaves a rectangle/hole the same size as the rest of the Talon switches, so basically I need a switch that's the same 2.25" as those other switches. Thanks.

Reactions: BWAF
Ddoggy

Ddoggy

Supporting Member
Nov 9, 2019
Alaska
Ownership

1. Talon R
No cutting necessary. The space next to the headlight switch is a popout, which when removed leaves a rectangle/hole the same size as the rest of the Talon switches, so basically I need a switch that's the same 2.25" as those other switches. Thanks.

I think they May have meant they cut out the blank you removed to fit the smaller switch ...like a dbl plate so to speak...I am looking at the same issue...really want my Warn Factory switch in that spot...be surgical cutting on the back of the blank, but with a lil black rtv, probably sound and doable...ordered this for a possible filler plate to check out before I play operation tho lol
...$7 was worth a try to see if more friendly for install🤷🏼‍♂️

PaulF

PaulF

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\
Lifetime Member
Jul 1, 2019
Utah
Ownership

1. Talon R
Here is a Talon specific switch adapter that does exactly what you need...

Reactions: BWAF and CID
CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
Here is a Talon specific switch adapter that does exactly what you need...

Reading the description of that switch, I learned that I could remove the steering column cover with 4 push pins for easier access to the back side. That would have helped a lot when I installed a toggle switch for my VM. I struggled trying to access the back side with the hood cowl removed.

Reactions: BWAF and PaulF
M

Mastabeta1

Oct 9, 2018
Idaho
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5

3. Other Brand

4. Talon R
I ordered this switch adapter from honda sxs also I ordered the wire harness for he sport mode rocker switch and an oem sport mode switch to see if I can make it work for my winch as it is a rocker also and looks the same as the others do. Haven't got any of it yet.