P1000 Swamped P1000 5 (Asking for a friend)

Little_g

Little_g

Aug 6, 2015
Parker, AZ
Ownership

1. 1000-3
My friend had brought his machine into the shop a week ago today. Heard some news today that all they have to do is replace a couple of blown gaskets I guess. I'll try and get more info this weekend. Just heard from a quick text and update you guys when I know more!!

Little_g

Little_g

Aug 6, 2015
Parker, AZ
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Hey guys just wanted to give another update. Guess they tore into the engine more and found out there is a bent rod. Got insurance involved and now waiting on the adjuster to look at the machine. Sorry for the long awaited update. Life got pretty busy for a while. Will keep you upgraded with more info when I hear more.

B

BamBam1

Feb 3, 2018
South Carolina
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hey guys just wanted to give another update. Guess they tore into the engine more and found out there is a bent rod. Got insurance involved and now waiting on the adjuster to look at the machine. Sorry for the long awaited update. Life got pretty busy for a while. Will keep you upgraded with more info when I hear more.

Just joined on here have the exact issue with my 16 p1000 about to tear it apart wouldn't mind hearing how it all turned out thanks

Little_g

Little_g

Aug 6, 2015
Parker, AZ
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Just joined on here have the exact issue with my 16 p1000 about to tear it apart wouldn't mind hearing how it all turned out thanks
It cost him a s***load of money to get it fixed. Practically had to rebuild the engine. Took the dealership forever to get it fixed.

Bayouownbeer

Bayouownbeer

Lifetime Member
Jun 3, 2014
Chauvin LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
It cost him a s***load of money to get it fixed. Practically had to rebuild the engine. Took the dealership forever to get it fixed.
Insurance denied hem?

Little_g

Little_g

Aug 6, 2015
Parker, AZ
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Insurance denied hem?
Ok. I had to call and ask him what had happened again. I got my stories mixed up. Got insurance involved and had to pay his deductible. Had to make up a story about how it happened and they ended up covering it. I know it was a BIG bill by the time they were done tho but got it covered and still got to keep his extended warranty.

Reactions: Bayouownbeer
B

BamBam1

Feb 3, 2018
South Carolina
Ownership

1. 1000-5

Man that's rough just pulled mine apart ends up bent the crap out of a rod..... bearings looked good going to order rods bearings rings and seals and put it back together....when the rod bend the piston skirt was touching the crank counterweight stopping the engine from turning over doesnt look like it hurt the piston

E

elkguide

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Mar 14, 2017
Vermont
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Man that's rough just pulled mine apart ends up bent the crap out of a rod..... bearings looked good going to order rods bearings rings and seals and put it back together....when the rod bend the piston skirt was touching the crank counterweight stopping the engine from turning over doesnt look like it hurt the piston

How did you do that?

advertisement
JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X4
For those of you having issues with water in your SXS might I suggest a more satisfying way to blow through $12K and play in water.

SUN TRACKER Boats

Reactions: lee and BamBam1
Kilo427

Kilo427

Not about the destination Its about the journey
Lifetime Member
Dec 10, 2015
For those of you having issues with water in your SXS might I suggest a more satisfying way to blow through $12K and play in water.

SUN TRACKER Boats

Remember not always does one purposely drive into 4-5 foot water. Some times it sneaks up on you lol

Reactions: Little_g
Little_g

Little_g

Aug 6, 2015
Parker, AZ
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Swamped my 15 P500 one time out on the trail. Got all the water drained and ran like a champ after. Got damn lucky that time. After that it was snorkel time!