Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I figure to run my bighorns when I'm on the road. Doubt I'll ever use them again off-road lol. If I'm not mistaken, all I need now is an outside mirror. My daughter will freak out when pick her up from school in it lol. We live less than 2 miles away.

Reactions: sharp
Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Anyone know what the law is for Ohio?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yeah....stay out of it lmao (just kidding). When my old job was shutting down, they literally begged me to move to the Westchester plant. I can just see my simpleton country arse living that close to Cincinnati lol. I'd never be heard from again.

D

Dasmoeturhead

What'd you do about the parking brake requirement? Lie? Thats probably what I'll do. They do have a "park" on the tranny and it does lock the drivetrain. That should count right?
That's will be my argument. Oh, and I have a parking brake, it's a piece of 4x6.

PioneerPete

PioneerPete

Lifetime Member
Jan 3, 2016
Chattanooga, TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
That's BS isn't it? Must be a city to city type ordnance. It's going to work good here. I don't drive much on the road, but I want to be able to go to town on it for small stuff. Don't like starting my Duelly up for a 7 mile round trip. Plus I already got pulled over once and it wasn't even close to being legal then.
Yes, BS. If you notice on the copies of the forms above, it states that any county cen restrict you from their roads... Hamilton county decided thats exactly what yheyd do...

D

Dasmoeturhead

Yes, BS. If you notice on the copies of the forms above, it states that any county cen restrict you from their roads... Hamilton county decided thats exactly what yheyd do...
Bummer! Dang Bureaucrats anyway.

advertisement
sharp

sharp

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 27, 2016
Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5
What'd you do about the parking brake requirement? Lie? Thats probably what I'll do. They do have a "park" on the tranny and it does lock the drivetrain. That should count right?
The "park" on the p1k does count as a parking break!

Reactions: MR177Caliber
sharp

sharp

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 27, 2016
Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Like I said above the tranny park is a parking break, but in the event you get pulled over try to explain the the DCT and the works of the P1K transmission to Barny Fife, and I would guess he would give up and let you go!

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Just ordered a side view mirror off Amazon. That should be all I need to be street legal. Already have a rear view. Thats gonna be so weird driving on road and not be paranoid of cops lol.

Reactions: joeymt33
D

Dasmoeturhead

Like I said above the tranny park is a parking break, but in the event you get pulled over try to explain the the DCT and the works of the P1K transmission to Barny Fife, and I would guess he would give up and let you go!
I'm going to highlight the section in the p1's manual about the parking brake, so Five O, can read it. Buying helmets today.
Yep you need helmets also.

Reactions: Delton and sharp
Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I'm going to highlight the section in the p1's manual about the parking brake, so Five O, can read it. Buying helmets today.
Yep you need helmets also.
I didn't know bout helmets so thanks for that info. My daughter has a motocross type helmet. Wife and I have DOT motorcycle helmets already.

CPope

CPope

Lifetime Member
Dec 18, 2015
Pulaski TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I didn't know bout helmets so thanks for that info. My daughter has a motocross type helmet. Wife and I have DOT motorcycle helmets already.
We don't have to wear them in Giles county.

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
We don't have to wear them in Giles county.
Oh it's not a state wide thing? If not then we probably don't need them in Franklin then. I'll ask when I get tag.

CPope

CPope

Lifetime Member
Dec 18, 2015
Pulaski TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have met several city officers and chief of police in ours , we even had our 9 month old grandbaby in car seat , they didn't say anything but asked about the pioneer because they have never seen one before. The chief of police even said he would look into buying one for himself instead of a jeep.

D

Dasmoeturhead

View attachment 18273 View attachment 18272
I took a pick of the top and bottom of the same sheet so it's easier to read. All you have to do is sign the affidavit saying you have done these things and pay $75 or so. They don't check your rig to see if it's done but if you get caught not good because you signed the affidavit and you will be held accountable. I hope this helped!
Look at the very bottom of the 1st form. It says you need helmets. How can that be a county to county requirement? Actually I've never asked anybody here about it. Maybe I don't need one IDK.

sharp

sharp

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 27, 2016
Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Look at the very bottom of the 1st form. It says you need helmets. How can that be a county to county requirement? Actually I've never asked anybody here about it. Maybe I don't need one IDK.
This form is for all Tennessee rules not county by county. If you don't have a windshield you have to wear a DOT helmet and goggles/sunglasses. If it's not a full face helmet. If you have a DOT approved windshield no helmet required.

Reactions: Delton and joeymt33
advertisement