P1000 stereo choices

Jonnny53

Jonnny53

Mar 28, 2016
Southeastern, Indiana
I went with the Clarion CSM2. It is a 2 piece unit design, the main amp and unit I mounted under the hood. The Controller is a remote design and just screwed to the new dash panel that I made. It has AM/FM/Weather as well as BTA,USB and Aux in. There is also pre-outs for a sub if you so desire to add one.

IMG 0832

Reactions: pct and PineTree
S

Steven

Dec 10, 2015
20160327 1950081
20160327 1949411
View attachment 12972 View attachment 12972
mystic1219 is making me a switch panel and I am leaning towards having the round stereo in the panel can someone tell me witch stereo is the best for this application def not my expertise and I want a good one not junk. I am not into amps and things If I don't have to I would just like good sound that I can here while I ride with my daughter on trips etc and it has to have bluetooth and radio and I guess it has to be round to fit his panel design.I was thinking 2 speakers in front and 2 in back tucked up out of the way hopefully with a roll bar clap cause I would like to be able to take off roof if needed. I saw some guys with the Jensen and Jbl etc what do u think please recommend? thanks for you help!!

I bought a JL Audio MBT-RX Bluetooth® Audio Receiver and a MHX300/1 Monoblock Class D Full-Range Marine Amplifier with MX650-CCX-SG-WH MX-Series Oversized 6.5-inch Marine Cockpit Coaxial System. I mounted the speakers in 6 in pvc pipe caps and mounted everything else under the hood. Plays straight from any bluetooth device.

Last edited:
Reactions: pct
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
I used the Infinity PRV250 head unit and 4 Infinity 612M speakers, mounted in a Rock'in Radios sound bar. I mounted the sound bar overhead. See the link below for the Rock'in Radio Sound Bar. Tony and Pam are great.
QUAD-POD 4 - Speaker Bar Housing

I have about $400 in the whole system and it sounds great. I will try to post photos soon.
That infinity is basically what I used and there are never problems. Has stereo and satellite nice deck. We did use the Pyle in the 700 and it was ok for a cheap deck it fogged over sometimes and wasn't near as smooth with the Bluetooth. If you do need the round one for space it's ok.

Last edited:
dale5740

dale5740

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 4, 2016
mt airy md
View attachment 12973 View attachment 12974 View attachment 12972 View attachment 12972

I bought a JL Audio MBT-RX Bluetooth® Audio Receiver and a MHX300/1 Monoblock Class D Full-Range Marine Amplifier with MX650-CCX-SG-WH MX-Series Oversized 6.5-inch Marine Cockpit Coaxial System. I mounted the speakers in 6 in pvc pipe caps and mounted everything else under the hood. Plays straight from any bluetooth device.
it depends on ow many switches u want on the panel or battery gages. u can do round jensen stereo and 8 switches! but u can't do 8 switches with any of the other round ones just jensen.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
it depends on ow many switches u want on the panel or battery gages. u can do round jensen stereo and 8 switches! but u can't do 8 switches with any of the other round ones just jensen.
I've got 15 switches with a full size infinity:) you just creative

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
yeah but not that many on the panel hey u wouldn't happen to have a template for the lower switch panel?
I could make one but it's brutal because it's no where near flat

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
thought u may have had template from when u installed or made it to begin with
No. It sits inside of the pocket so it's the same same angle as the upper area. And to make it fit and look right I had to use 3/8 acrylic and dado the inside so it fit flush and contoured to the pocket right. it took me 10 times longer to get that one to fit right it's not just flat plastic with square holes in it.
Hey did you ever figure anything out on the 12" bar?

dale5740

dale5740

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 4, 2016
mt airy md
No. It sits inside of the pocket so it's the same same angle as the upper area. And to make it fit and look right I had to use 3/8 acrylic and dado the inside so it fit flush and contoured to the pocket right. it took me 10 times longer to get that one to fit right it's not just flat plastic with square holes in it.
well I checked it out at night and Im not happy with the floods but extra happy with the beam or spot rather so I guess it evens out lol. Also Im a led fan but to be truthful don't have to much experience with them in this category. I looked at some of the other floods I ordered and overall they aren't to bright. there is alot to be said for incandescent lighting other than it takes a lot of power. I will see once they are mounted and in use. thanks for asking and I do appreciate the recommendation as in the end I prob jumped the gun silly because I am ignorant when it comes to led's in this application.

advertisement
dale5740

dale5740

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 4, 2016
mt airy md
another thing is that led is real bright to look at but doesn't seam to put off a real bright flood etc but with that having been said the light does bounce around real well and that makes up for a lot of shadows being eliminated!!

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
well I checked it out at night and Im not happy with the floods but extra happy with the beam or spot rather so I guess it evens out lol. Also Im a led fan but to be truthful don't have to much experience with them in this category. I looked at some of the other floods I ordered and overall they aren't to bright. there is alot to be said for incandescent lighting other than it takes a lot of power. I will see once they are mounted and in use. thanks for asking and I do appreciate the recommendation as in the end I prob jumped the gun silly because I am ignorant when it comes to led's in this application.
I've met lots of ignorant people and you my fellow pioneer owner are NOT ignorant!

Reactions: dale5740
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
another thing is that led is real bright to look at but doesn't seam to put off a real bright flood etc but with that having been said the light does bounce around real well and that makes up for a lot of shadows being eliminated!!
I love this light in tighter trails. It's definitely not as bright as my 50 inch but seems to put the light exactly where it should be

cwalton

cwalton

Who has more fun!
Lifetime Member
Mar 21, 2016
West Virginia
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I am running a frogheadindusteries 2 speaker system. All self contained and great sound.