P1000 stereo choices

KevinSC

KevinSC

Dec 31, 2015
mystic is making a panel with 8 switches 2 gages and round head unit I just have to make sure he has room because the JBL is a little bigger than the Jensen but hope he has room for it as JBL is much better I agree. do u have the round JBL as well
No not yet not 100% what I want to do yet radio wise.

S

Slantz113

Jan 30, 2016
Avonmore
I am looking for 2 speakers in front and 2 in back maybe even 1 in back( I have hard mid panel so .... !! I have the hard mid cab so I need the one or 2 in back. I am not a big stereo guy and want something tight and rattle proof and small as possible but still puts out good sound without amp! Hopefully something that mounts on tool cage up tight out of the way can u or someone recommend something like that that fits what I have described? I am going to be running Jensen or JBL round head unit (without amp) unless I have to
I mounted the Rock'in Radio bar over head, between the roll bar. I have a 1000-5 with the soft mid panel with a zip out window. With that being said if I find the need for more sound in the rear I will another 4 speaker sound bar with an amp or move my 4 speaker sound bar to the rear and add 2 single speaker sound pods offered by Rock'in Radio's. What you could do to stay away from an amp is purchase 4 speaker pods 2 in front and 2 in back with infinity speakers and head unit. The Infinity products sound great 50 watts per channel it jams well. Rock'in Radios brackets worked great and are cheap call and talk to Tony he will fix you up. Also I mounted my head unit in the dash where the warning sticker was. I used a piece of pebbled plastic from Amazon and 4 factory push pins it worked great. I will add some photos tomorrow.

Last edited:
KevinSC

KevinSC

Dec 31, 2015
I mounted the Rock'in Radio bar over head, between the roll bar. I have a 1000-5 with the soft mid panel with a zip out window. With that being said if I find the need for more sound in the rear I will another 4 speaker sound bar with an amp or move my 4 speaker sound bar to the rear and add 2 single speaker sound pods offered by Rock'in Radio's. What you could do to stay away from an amp is purchase 4 speaker pods 2 in front and 2 in back with infinity speakers and head unit. The Infinity products sound great 50 watts per channel it jams well.
I know I'm going wetsounds 6.5 inch speakers don't know 2 or 4 and I'm going to run an amp and I really want a CD player just don't know where I'm going to put it yet. I just have to wait for the money to free up trying to get the house ready for the new addition (baby) coming in a few months first then back to accessories :)

S

Slantz113

Jan 30, 2016
Avonmore
I know I'm going wetsounds 6.5 inch speakers don't know 2 or 4 and I'm going to run an amp and I really want a CD player just don't know where I'm going to put it yet. I just have to wait for the money to free up trying to get the house ready for the new addition (baby) coming in a few months first then back to accessories :)
You cant beat Rock'in radios sound bars, it's great he offers the empty and you can add your own components.

What I did to save a few bucks is purchase the Infinity head unit and 2 speakers together just google Infinity MPK250 it is a nice kit. It includes the head unit ,2 speakers, antenna, Water proof Aux. port, aux cable and a rubber face cover to put on when pressure washing. The head unit will take wash with a sponge and rinse with a house, I wouldn't hit any head unit with a pressure washer. Just my personal preference but I don't like Jensen or JBL. IMO you want 225 watt max speakers and put no lower than 50 watts to them. It worked great for me. CD players is a whole different set of issues, my type of riding it would skip bad and a Din chassis was to big IMO.

Reactions: pct
KevinSC

KevinSC

Dec 31, 2015
I know I'm
You cant beat Rock'in radios sound bars, it's great he offers the empty and you can add your own components.

What I did to save a few bucks is purchase the Infinity head unit and 2 speakers together just google Infinity MPK250 it is a nice kit. It includes the head unit ,2 speakers, antenna, Water proof Aux. port, aux cable and a rubber face cover to put on when pressure washing. The head unit will take wash with a sponge and rinse with a house, I wouldn't hit any head unit with a pressure washer. Just my personal preference but I don't like Jensen or JBL. IMO you want 225 watt max speakers and put no lower than 50 watts to them. It worked great for me. CD players is a whole different set of issues, my type of riding it would skip bad and a Din chassis was to big IMO.

going wetsounds 6.5 inch speakers don't know 2 or 4 and I'm going to run an amp and I really want a CD player just don't know where I'm going to put it yet. I just have to wait for the money to free up trying to get the house ready for the new addition coming in a few months first then back to accessories :)
Yea I think I'm going to go with there two pods and mount then where I see fit. As of for radio I just have all my music on cds and have nothing on an iPod or phone that's why I prefer cds. In my commander I had a Kenwood CD player and it was great. I have the same one in my boat and the same speakers that's why I really want to go wetsounds they just cost a bunch of money.

S

Slantz113

Jan 30, 2016
Avonmore
Yea I think I'm going to go with there two pods and mount then where I see fit. As of for radio I just have all my music on cds and have nothing on an iPod or phone that's why I prefer cds. In my commander I had a Kenwood CD player and it was great. I have the same one in my boat and the same speakers that's why I really want to go wetsounds they just cost a bunch of money.
The Wet Sounds bars are great plug and play, my brother has a 10 in his Razor. I find they lack bass for the money. I have no experience with their other speakers.

I was a little skeptical about Rock'in Radios when I 1st found them. Just because I couldn't find much to read about them on the forums. As soon as I talked to them on the phone and received their product I was blown away. Tell Tony the Tool & Die Maker from Pittsburgh referred you. The "P" roll bar mounts look cheap at 1st but once I started installing they worked great and are a solid product.

tjoreo

tjoreo

Lifetime Member
Feb 18, 2015
Southern Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
mystic is making a panel with 8 switches 2 gages and round head unit I just have to make sure he has room because the JBL is a little bigger than the Jensen but hope he has room for it as JBL is much better I agree. do u have the round JBL as well
@dale5740 I don't know if this is a concern, but I know some people had trouble with the Jensen radio and the 700 with the radio hitting a cross member behind the dash. They make a newer version of the Jensen w/ bluetooth but it looks to long to fit in dash of my 700. I don't know what the depth of the JBL is but might be something you want to look at.

dale5740

dale5740

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 4, 2016
mt airy md
@dale5740 I don't know if this is a concern, but I know some people had trouble with the Jensen radio and the 700 with the radio hitting a cross member behind the dash. They make a newer version of the Jensen w/ bluetooth but it looks to long to fit in dash of my 700. I don't know what the depth of the JBL is but might be something you want to look at.
thanks for the heads up Im more than likely gong with the JBL do u know if that was the same issue?

tjoreo

tjoreo

Lifetime Member
Feb 18, 2015
Southern Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
thanks for the heads up Im more than likely gong with the JBL do u know if that was the same issue?
I don't know for sure. I just thought I would bring it up. This thread has got me questioning maybe the possibility that I should go with the JBL, but the hard part is that I already have my custom made panel from mystic for the Jensen. I would feel really bad if I told him he messed up making it, and I need the bigger hole because he should have known I was going to change my mind. I see the Boss radio is also the same hole dimension as the Jensen so there is another option. I talked with Dick on the other forum and he said to pay attention to the depth because there might not be room. Don't know if there is a problem with the 1000 with a cross member in the way or not. Keep everyone informed on what you do.

dale5740

dale5740

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 4, 2016
mt airy md
I will. Don't get the boss they are junk, and u can use the JBL u just have to make the hole a little bigger.

advertisement
S

Slantz113

Jan 30, 2016
Avonmore
I apologize the photos are poor. I snapped them this morning on my way to work. IMG 1017 IMG 1018

Last edited:
dale5740

dale5740

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 4, 2016
mt airy md
my switch panel only allows for the 3 inch diameter because I got 8 switches. can anyone recommend a stereo that accommodates the 3 inch? I know about the Jensen and the boss. boss is out for me but wanted to know if anyone else had found any other choices in the round 3 inch. If not I noticed several model jensens witch one or should I just get the most expensive model and hope its the best!

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X4
I mounted the MTX MUDSYS 46 sound bar in the top of my roll bar, AM/FM Radio, Bluetooth, USB port, also has mesh pockets for a few iPod / smartphones as well as an overhead LED map light. Has 4 x 6 1/2" speakers 280 watts get very loud and plays very clear at trail speeds.

Prod mtx MUDSYS text

Mounted in my P1000:

20160108 150923

Video in action at 10-20 mph on the trail:

Reactions: pct
dale5740

dale5740

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 4, 2016
mt airy md
I mounted the MTX MUDSYS 46 sound bar in the top of my roll bar, AM/FM Radio, Bluetooth, USB port, also has mesh pockets for a few iPod / smartphones as well as an overhead LED map light. Has 4 x 6 1/2" speakers 280 watts get very loud and plays very clear at trail speeds.

View attachment 11787

Mounted in my P1000:

View attachment 11786

I am 6'7" tall so i was worried about my head hitting it during hard riding? And I don't have anyone around me that has one to see so wasn't sure. Also it was a little out of my price range as well. Real nice!!!

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X4
I am 6'7" tall so i was worried about my head hitting it during hard riding? And I don't have anyone around me that has one to see so wasn't sure. Also it was a little out of my price range as well. Real nice!!!

It sits forward of your head a good bit, I'm 6'1" and have a good 8" overhead clearance even if I am under it. I will estimate it runs 3" below the bottom of the roll bar at the top. It is not cheap but I got a good deal on it (about $180 off) and for the way it is built I fell it is worth it for one compact unit. I would buy one again or go with a ProBox Rocks roof Option 2 with the 800 watt amp, but it is 3X the price of the MUDSYS even though it is a roof with 4 LED light bars integrated into it.

ProBoxRocksP1KOpt2

ProBox - Custom Tops for Off-Road UTVs

dale5740

dale5740

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 4, 2016
mt airy md
It sits forward of your head a good bit, I'm 6'1" and have a good 8" overhead clearance even if I am under it. I will estimate it runs 3" below the bottom of the roll bar at the top. It is not cheap but I got a good deal on it (about $180 off) and for the way it is built I fell it is worth it for one compact unit. I would buy one again or go with a ProBox Rocks roof Option 2 with the 800 watt amp, but it is 3X the price of the MUDSYS even though it is a roof with 4 LED light bars integrated into it.

View attachment 11794

ProBox - Custom Tops for Off-Road UTVs
that roof prob wouldn't work with your hard mid cab? prob have to mod it anyway

Reactions: JACKAL
CashMoney

CashMoney

Feb 5, 2016
Reno, NV
www.SRTNV.com

View attachment 11787

Mounted in my P1000:

View attachment 11786

Does that MTX have a quick release power plug so you could take the top off easily if you wanted to?

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X4
Does that MTX have a quick release power plug so you could take the top off easily if you wanted to?
It is not attached to the roof in any way bolts directly to the ROPS. You could make a quick disconnect power connection but as is it s set up to be hard wired.

advertisement