P1000 stereo choices

dale5740

dale5740

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 4, 2016
mt airy md
mystic1219 is making me a switch panel and I am leaning towards having the round stereo in the panel can someone tell me witch stereo is the best for this application def not my expertise and I want a good one not junk. I am not into amps and things If I don't have to I would just like good sound that I can here while I ride with my daughter on trips etc and it has to have bluetooth and radio and I guess it has to be round to fit his panel design.I was thinking 2 speakers in front and 2 in back tucked up out of the way hopefully with a roll bar clap cause I would like to be able to take off roof if needed. I saw some guys with the Jensen and Jbl etc what do u think please recommend? thanks for you help!!

sharp

sharp

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 27, 2016
Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I did the wetsounds stealth 6 and mounted it on the front bar above the windshield. I used Honda roll bar clamps but I did have to use washers that were the very hard rubber kind to let it hang down about an inch to clear the roof clamps. You will also need longer bolts too. The sound bar has Bluetooth and a built in amp. The wetsounds system is not junk and it's very loud you can tell the quality when you touch it. It's a little pricy. It's made for the sxs but their background is sound systems for ski boats

Plumber32

Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I did the wetsounds stealth 6 and mounted it on the front bar above the windshield. I used Honda roll bar clamps but I did have to use washers that were the very hard rubber kind to let it hang down about an inch to clear the roof clamps. You will also need longer bolts too. The sound bar has Bluetooth and a built in amp. The wetsounds system is not junk and it's very loud you can tell the quality when you touch it. It's a little pricy. It's made for the sxs but their background is sound systems for ski boats
I bought the same one it's awsome! It gets louder than I can take any very clear. Its the best quality out there

CPope

CPope

Lifetime Member
Dec 18, 2015
Pulaski TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have the stealth 6 as well, I had the 10 speaker one on my rzr, with the pioneer being so much quieter than the rzr I went with the 6. It's pricey but worth it.

Bryan 22

Bryan 22

Lifetime Member
Jan 8, 2014
Northern Indiana
I want to make sure I get this right, do you have to have a radio with the stealth 6

sharp

sharp

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 27, 2016
Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5
No you just use your phone or iPod. Don't forget to take your phone charger just in case!

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I also have the wet sounds 6. I would recommend it as well. You don't need to have a stereo if you don't want it because you can connect your phone via Bluetooth.

Reactions: Bryan 22
Bryan 22

Bryan 22

Lifetime Member
Jan 8, 2014
Northern Indiana
got it. that's the same kind I have on my 700. The one on the 700 is a pyle. its got good sound and is plenty loud.

dale5740

dale5740

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 4, 2016
mt airy md
does it have radio?

advertisement
dale5740

dale5740

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 4, 2016
mt airy md
I have to have a radio at the race track they transmit fm I need to be able to pick that up! furthermore I don't do music on my phone! but I need to have bluetooth also (cause everyone else does )LMAO I'm leaning towards the jensen or JBL round unit then I can just have it on my switch panel. are they any good?

Reactions: pct
Itsalljake

Itsalljake

Lifetime Member
Jan 27, 2016
Los Angeles
I have to have a radio at the race track they transmit fm I need to be able to pick that up! furthermore I don't do music on my phone! but I need to have bluetooth also (cause everyone else does )LMAO I'm leaning towards the jensen or JBL round unit then I can just have it on my switch panel. are they any good?
You can get FM from just about anything, even a cheap handheld ham radio that will do more for you in the long run. But, I imagine there's an app for FM radio as well that you can BlueTooth to your system.

Reactions: CashMoney
sharp

sharp

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 27, 2016
Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5
There is a fm app. Wetsounds 6 also has aux Inputs if you have a radio with audio out jack.

Reactions: Itsalljake
Up2It

Up2It

Jan 9, 2016
Calgary Alberta
I just received my Boss MGR350B , which I ordered primarily as it requires a 3" hole, rather than the JBL one that requires a 3 3/8" hole I believe. I haven't hooked it up yet or decided what to do for speakers. I am leaning toward making some enclosures myself that will attach to the roll bar, and get some inexpensive speakers, as I am cheap (at least on this part of the build). I really don't care about high fidelity in this application, so hopefully this will serve my purposes...

dale5740

dale5740

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 4, 2016
mt airy md
I just received my Boss MGR350B , which I ordered primarily as it requires a 3" hole, rather than the JBL one that requires a 3 3/8" hole I believe. I haven't hooked it up yet or decided what to do for speakers. I am leaning toward making some enclosures myself that will attach to the roll bar, and get some inexpensive speakers, as I am cheap (at least on this part of the build). I really don't care about high fidelity in this application, so hopefully this will serve my purposes...
I agree with all that u just said Im not a big stereo guy just want to get it over with!! Id rather spend money on other stuff

S

Slantz113

Jan 30, 2016
Avonmore
I used the Infinity PRV250 head unit and 4 Infinity 612M speakers, mounted in a Rock'in Radios sound bar. I mounted the sound bar overhead. See the link below for the Rock'in Radio Sound Bar. Tony and Pam are great.
QUAD-POD 4 - Speaker Bar Housing

I have about $400 in the whole system and it sounds great. I will try to post photos soon.

dale5740

dale5740

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 4, 2016
mt airy md
I used the Infinity PRV250 head unit and 4 Infinity 612M speakers, mounted in a Rock'in Radios sound bar. I mounted the sound bar overhead. See the link below for the Rock'in Radio Sound Bar. Tony and Pam are great.
QUAD-POD 4 - Speaker Bar Housing

I have about $400 in the whole system and it sounds great. I will try to post photos soon.
I am looking for 2 speakers in front and 2 in back maybe even 1 in back( I have hard mid panel so .... !! I have the hard mid cab so I need the one or 2 in back. I am not a big stereo guy and want something tight and rattle proof and small as possible but still puts out good sound without amp! Hopefully something that mounts on tool cage up tight out of the way can u or someone recommend something like that that fits what I have described? I am going to be running Jensen or JBL round head unit (without amp) unless I have to

Last edited:
KevinSC

KevinSC

Dec 31, 2015
I am looking for 2 speakers in front and 2 in back maybe even 1 in back( I have hard mid panel so .... !! I have the hard mid cab so I need the one or 2 in back. I am not a big stereo guy and want something tight and rattle proof and small as possible but still puts out good sound without amp! Hopefully something that mounts on tool cage up tight out of the way can u or someone recommend something like that that fits what I have described? I am going to be running Jensen or JBL round head unit (without amp) unless I have to
I would stay away from the Jensen. My boat came factory with a Jensen head unit and it wouldn't play a CD while riding. Sitting still it would but not riding. It got sprayed with water and quit working. It was waterproof and just a total piece of crap. I had a jbl and they make pretty good stuff just my .02

Reactions: dale5740
dale5740

dale5740

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 4, 2016
mt airy md
mystic is making a panel with 8 switches 2 gages and round head unit I just have to make sure he has room because the JBL is a little bigger than the Jensen but hope he has room for it as JBL is much better I agree. do u have the round JBL as well

advertisement