OLD SKOOL
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 11, 2018
Southern Indiana
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon R LV
I just got mine yesterday. Modquad or Open Trail "same skid plate" full skid 1/2 " UHMW. I have felt the floorboard being hit too many times.

Reactions: Cuoutdoors
DaddyDubbs

DaddyDubbs

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2016
Lee County Alabama, from Southern Michigan
Ownership

1. 500
If the skids on the P1000 are like the skids that WERE on my P5, run, don't walk to your online source and get some good one ordered. Those factory skids in my opinion are just decorative.
Granted the 1K has better ground clearance than the P5 however here are photos of the factory P5 skids after Takeover last year
Skids05 Skids07 Skids10 Skids11 Skids12
Replaced with 3/8" UHMW center skids and Ricochet Aluminum Rocksliders and A-Arm guards
NewSkids01

Cuoutdoors

Cuoutdoors

Executive Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2016
Central Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I have been putting this off myself in order to get other upgrades. After an incedent this summer it has become a priority must do along with A-arm guards.

On one of our night rides with @906UP we came to a deep rutted mud hole. Not ones to avoid the deep spots we both went on threw with @906 leading the way, I dropped the left front in the rut and crawled threw it with no problem until coming out of the hole the front end came down and then a loud BANG along with a glancing blow to my left leg. In the trench down in the mud the lower A-arm picked up a broken tree branch about 6' long, it had gotten trapped between the upper A arm and the axle when the front end came down it stabbed in the ground shoving it through the inner fender by the foot rest hitting the side off my leg.

This was a huge eye opener to the potential for injury from lack of protection from the floor boards and wheel well areas.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
@neohio has some pictures of just how bad this can be.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Reactions: TimG