Multi Shots from the trail.

PJon

PJon

Lifetime Member
Dec 9, 2020
Arizona
Ownership

1. 1000-5
We got to the corral first on an unnamed loop heading east from O’Carrol Rd on the way to the locked gate overview of the Christmas Mine. The open shaft was east of the corral on top of a hill before we started heading north to loop back to the “Tree House” which put us back on O’Carrol Rd. Kind of spooky that no one has tried to idiot proof the opening better. I pitched a rock down the opening and seemed like the water level was 25-50’ down. The other shaft we found at least had some barbed wire around the opening and was only about 15’ deep and dry. It was just a short distance north of the “Tree House”.

PJon

PJon

Lifetime Member
Dec 9, 2020
Arizona
Ownership

1. 1000-5
DG, I relooked at your earlier posts of the Chilito Mine run you made and the corral and vertical shaft are the same ones we saw. You must have a selfie stick or are a heck of a lot braver than I am to get that photo down the shaft. If you continue past the blocked off entrance of the Christmas mine, it takes you back to the “Tree House”. We went downhill from the Chilito mine then found a crossing to get to the other side of the canyon and ended up just north of Tree House for the return down O’Carrol Rd to our vehicles. Going to have to get back to that area one of these days for some more exploring. Only had two machines and just stopped everywhere that looked interesting and had a great time. Todays ride was 8 SxS’s and the photo op’s were limited to where the group leader wanted to stop. I’ll have to do that ride again also.

DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
DG, I relooked at your earlier posts of the Chilito Mine run you made and the corral and vertical shaft are the same ones we saw. You must have a selfie stick or are a heck of a lot braver than I am to get that photo down the shaft. If you continue past the blocked off entrance of the Christmas mine, it takes you back to the “Tree House”. We went downhill from the Chilito mine then found a crossing to get to the other side of the canyon and ended up just north of Tree House for the return down O’Carrol Rd to our vehicles. Going to have to get back to that area one of these days for some more exploring. Only had two machines and just stopped everywhere that looked interesting and had a great time. Todays ride was 8 SxS’s and the photo op’s were limited to where the group leader wanted to stop. I’ll have to do that ride again also.
LOL...I think I actually got down on all 4's and leaned over for that. I think you can actually see the water in one of my pics. I also meant to mention the other side of the mining canyon but can't even begin to describe how I took it. Glad you found it.

The one trail I left unexplored was the one heading up the hill with pushed keep out mounds from around the warehouse shack. It seemed to keep going, but I think Google Earth shows it just runs out. If one could find a way across the river, those canyons can lead back over to Ripsey wash and that general area, and I'd back more apt to make a trip back over there.

Hackberry creek...if it's the same one I've been to up there ending at the oak flats campground on the north side...is not my favorite trail. The cool stuff to rocky factor just isn't there. The jeep guys keep it pretty dug out. The south side down towards 177 is a cool bit of trail, though.

PJon

PJon

Lifetime Member
Dec 9, 2020
Arizona
Ownership

1. 1000-5
LOL...I think I actually got down on all 4's and leaned over for that. I think you can actually see the water in one of my pics. I also meant to mention the other side of the mining canyon but can't even begin to describe how I took it. Glad you found it.

The one trail I left unexplored was the one heading up the hill with pushed keep out mounds from around the warehouse shack. It seemed to keep going, but I think Google Earth shows it just runs out. If one could find a way across the river, those canyons can lead back over to Ripsey wash and that general area, and I'd back more apt to make a trip back over there.

Hackberry creek...if it's the same one I've been to up there ending at the oak flats campground on the north side...is not my favorite trail. The cool stuff to rocky factor just isn't there. The jeep guys keep it pretty dug out. The south side down towards 177 is a cool bit of trail, though.
The area that was a bit technical was south of 33.26753; -111.04775. It was every bit as challenging as Charouleau gap, just not as long. I’m glad we were going down and not up.

Rayger143

Rayger143

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 5, 2020
Winfield, BC Canada
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Another great ride today in the Superior, AZ area. Going down Hackberry Creek was a bit technical with all of the boulders, but the rock formations were fantastic. Later in the day crossed to the north side of U.S. 60 and rode some shelf roads with great views that the photos just don’t show the great scenery.View attachment 320162View attachment 320163View attachment 320164View attachment 320165View attachment 320165View attachment 320165View attachment 320166
Nice pics. I’m about 6 weeks out before I can ride in my area. Still got 2 ft of snow in my backyard. I gotta hit AZ and check it out!

CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
Nice pics. I’m about 6 weeks out before I can ride in my area. Still got 2 ft of snow in my backyard. I gotta hit AZ and check it out!
Careful what you wish for - I got invited to the desert in 1972 and I've been back almost every year since, it's addictive. It's also HOT!!! I made an ill timed trip the third week of June on the dirt bike - 🥵 🥵 🥵 I have since aged out but SxSs are proving to be a GREAT next step. 😍

In the shade of my van but there wasn't any shade on the bike. This was a foolish mistake on my part, glad to be OK. #oleguy
IMG 186520 20103620F

IMG 1835 XL

IMG 1818 XL

Bowdoctor

Bowdoctor

Feb 12, 2022
Western Pennsylvania
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Thank Everyone that saw our pictures we have at least one family trip per year New Hampshire or Hatfield and love both places. Very excited about be in this club. Will send pics of extras I will be installing over the next months. And I remember if there is no pics it did not happen!

DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
Didn't take too many pictures today but this is the highlight of the trail...

IMG 20220219 143806806 HDR
IMG 20220219 143838861
IMG 20220219 143848391

An old line shack. Had no idea this was here. A lot of places you see pictures on the internet and then you go seek them out. This was a genuine accidental Discovery by me.

IMG 20220219 145339682 HDR

Last edited:
advertisement
PJon

PJon

Lifetime Member
Dec 9, 2020
Arizona
Ownership

1. 1000-5
The area that was a bit technical was south of 33.26753; -111.04775. It was every bit as challenging as Charouleau gap, just not as long. I’m glad we were going down and not up.
@DG Rider, try putting it in without the semi-colon and just leave a space in its place. I got it to pop right up on google maps. I don’t think you’ll want to come in from the south with your 700, but the stream channel was a bit more civil to the north.

advertisement