Self Jump - True Am Isolator

Robobrainiac

Robobrainiac

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2020
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I had an '84 2M4 back in the day. It was a blast to drive. Not very fast but could take corners at high speed. You're basically sitting on the ground in those things. Story is they prototyped them with a V8 and it beat the Corvette. Couldn't have that so they never saw anything bigger than a V6 from the factory.
I heard the same rumor as well. The power to weight ratio in a fiero is crazy.

Reactions: trigger
tjoreo

tjoreo

Lifetime Member
Feb 18, 2015
Southern Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
That is a neat idea. You could make it bypass as you need it and operate normally with the True Am when desired.
This is the set up I have. I bought it before I had my utv for a small boat that I have. I never used it on the boat so thought it would work on my utv. Works really well and allows for the combination of the batteries when its needed.

J

John Mc

Lifetime Member
Jan 10, 2023
Vermont
Ownership

1. 520
Thank you. I have had it for about 3 years now. It has been a very slow side project. I bought it with no title. I have had no title vehicles in the past and I use Vermont to obtain a new title. I finished the fiero last year and went to "get my title" and learned vermont no longer helps me out. I am currently stuck without a title. Otherwise it is road ready. It has been inside the shop for a year now and used as a table for alot of my things.
Have you checked to see if a Vermont resident can get a title? (I had heard they were considering no longer offering titles so easily, I also heard that they just limited it to Vermont residents. I don't know which is true.) It might be an option to sell it to a Vermonter, have them get a title, then buy it back. (and no, while I am a Vermonter, I just don't have the time to mess with it myself.)

Reactions: Robobrainiac
Robobrainiac

Robobrainiac

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2020
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Have you checked to see if a Vermont resident can get a title? (I had heard they were considering no longer offering titles so easily, I also heard that they just limited it to Vermont residents. I don't know which is true.) It might be an option to sell it to a Vermonter, have them get a title, then buy it back. (and no, while I am a Vermonter, I just don't have the time to mess with it myself.)
You are correct. That is doable. Technically on the Vermont law book I believe you can still out of state title a vehicle if your state allows it but MO does not allow that.

ODAMO

ODAMO

Oct 12, 2018
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I had an '84 2M4 back in the day. It was a blast to drive. Not very fast but could take corners at high speed. You're basically sitting on the ground in those things. Story is they prototyped them with a V8 and it beat the Corvette. Couldn't have that so they never saw anything bigger than a V6 from the factory.
My wife had the v6 GT new in 85. We had it for 13 years. I put Goodyear Arivas on for winter and it was incredible in the snow, up to 6" deep she could pull away from my 89 RamCharger 4x4 with a 360ci. The Fiero had the 2.8L. Very fun to drive
Edit to add: Oh and by the way it did a blistering 17 sec. 1/4 mi. at Thompson Dragstrip. They definitely looked faster than they were.

Reactions: Robobrainiac
advertisement