Rough night..

ghost

ghost

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2015
BC
Yeah - thats tough.
We had to put our first dog down 2 years ago. Right after new years as well.
Try not to mourn the loss - celebrate her life.

Corona1

Corona1

Lifetime Member
Nov 5, 2016
The Land of Cheese
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Very sorry for your loss. Hang in there buddy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: JTW
Remington

Remington

Fife! POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Sorry for your loss. My wife and I have no children, so we have Dogs. I've gone threw a few of those. Very tuff times. Mine are labs and I miss them every day. Dogs are your best friend, there never mad at you and you can't do wrong in there eyes, there just happy you gave them a wonderful life and all the food they eat. Head up my friend! Stay strong.

rocmar

rocmar

Where Eagles & Angels....Dare to Fly...
Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
Sorry for your Loss
Bro...
everybody mourns in
there...own way
Beautiful Dog
.......no one can
take...your memories away
Sorry.........

moparornocar

moparornocar

RIP....Rocmar...
Lifetime Member
Jan 26, 2016
Augusta, Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Sorry to hear man. I'm not much of an animal person, mainly on account of allergies, but I know its tough losing a family member. Prayers for Stella.

Reactions: JTW and Corona1
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
JTW I'm so sorry to hear this!! Oh my god man I know how that is to lose a family member and don't wish that feeling on your family.
We have a boxer along with the Dobie and have raised countless boxers and they are such a great family member. Be strong for your daughter sand do all you can. Take care my friend again sorry

Last edited:
snuffnwhisky

snuffnwhisky

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 21, 2016
Cullman, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Other Brand
That sucks. Dad has a boxer that will not be around much longer but aways been a great dog.

educ8tedguess

educ8tedguess

Lifetime Member
Oct 16, 2015
Spring Grove Illinois
Ownership

1. Looking to buy
Sorry to hear this. Losing a furry family member is one of the worst losses imaginable and I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy. Ive got two that are getting up there in the years; one of which is diabetic.

Whenever I start thinking of the sadness their loss will bring i immediately try to switch to thinking of the mutual joy we brought to each others life. Judging by your pictures, your pup was lucky to have you and your family. Being loved and included is all they want and it is clear that Stella had that and more. While some may live longer lives; not all will have lives as enriched and complete as these pictures prove Stella had.
Best wishes as you navigate this tough time with your family

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
I sure appreciate the kind words.. I'm having to keep myself busy today. She was my girl. The ground is frozen here so it's going to take a few days to put her to rest. Makes it all the more hard.

Had my beagle cremated. Think it was like $65. Planned on spreading the ashes under his favorite tree, wife still won't let go so he sits on the mantel next to his pic.

advertisement
QuadMan747

QuadMan747

Nov 7, 2016
Connecticut
www.cccmx.com
Ownership

1. 700-4

2. Other Brand
So tonight our family had to say goodbye to our girl Stella.. She'd been with me for 10 years and two wives!! Two weeks ago she was hit by a car and broker her pelvis and had a deep hip wound.. she was doing well for about a week and then took a turn for the worse. She stopped eating and was feeling pretty rough. We had to drop our oldest off tonight and when I got home I could tell she wasn't going to make it much longer. She held on until we could say our goodbyes. She was a good'un and will be greatly missed! I've got two little girls that sure are going to miss their pup. I know I sure will!!
View attachment 30443 View attachment 30444 View attachment 30445 View attachment 30446 View attachment 30447
View attachment 30448
View attachment 30449
sorry to hear it, we just lost our dog 60 days ago or so, it's never easy.

Tflynn

Tflynn

Not a liberal
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 12, 2015
Northern California
Ownership

1. 700-2
Let me start by saying I (and I think I'm in like minded company here) am totally against the pussification of men in America. That being said I think losing your dog is one time it's ok for a man to cry.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Let me start by saying I (and I think I'm in like minded company here) am totally against the pussification of men in America. That being said I think losing your dog is one time it's ok for a man to cry.
Agreed

Corona1

Corona1

Lifetime Member
Nov 5, 2016
The Land of Cheese
Ownership

1. 1000-5

Well stated.

Reactions: joeymt33 and Tflynn
J

JTW

I agree.. I was able to fight back the tears, just barely... but damn! That was a tough one... 10 years and a lot of hardships she got me through. She was a goofball and more person than animal. Last night we got the oldest back and broke the news to her.. she did not take it well. We all lost our buddy and pal. It's odd how you can go thru the motions and not pay much attention that they're always there. But when they're gone you realize just how much those little glimpses or random pats meant to you. She was a part time inside dog so she reallllly became part of the family. It's crazy!

J

JTW

And to top it off.. I noticed today on Facebook was 3 years since our old lab buddy died. He was a good one too... He had gotten old and it was time for him... we'd all come to peace with it for a year or better but he kept chug'n on. He was strictly and outside dog and I swear that's what makes much of the difference. But they were playmates since she was a pup. What's weird is Stella died 3 years to the day of her pal Buddy!!!

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Several times, been there done that. I still get misty eyed about some of the past puples.

GlockMeister

GlockMeister

The Bearded Wonder
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 11, 2016
Greenville, Mo
Ownership

1. 1000-5
So tonight our family had to say goodbye to our girl Stella.. She'd been with me for 10 years and two wives!! Two weeks ago she was hit by a car and broker her pelvis and had a deep hip wound.. she was doing well for about a week and then took a turn for the worse. She stopped eating and was feeling pretty rough. We had to drop our oldest off tonight and when I got home I could tell she wasn't going to make it much longer. She held on until we could say our goodbyes. She was a good'un and will be greatly missed! I've got two little girls that sure are going to miss their pup. I know I sure will!!
View attachment 30443 View attachment 30444 View attachment 30445 View attachment 30446 View attachment 30447
View attachment 30448
View attachment 30449
Sorry for your loss....It amazing how attached you can get to them. Me and the wife had pugs..Was like little people running around the house. They were our first kids. Both are now buried here on our property.

advertisement