Fife! POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Few mote things. Fixed the old rear cargo gate. Added one of my Roto pax from my P1

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Installed the CJ shifter boot swamp ass fix mod my friend and fellow Michigander @Scoop told Me about. I know he will say it was not his idea but I seen it on his and he showed me the way to do it. Thank you.
As he would say, its hard to take a pic of a upside down boot but you get the picture😂
Easy peasy, just remove the center plastic and the shift gate, trim it just a cooter hair and screw the gate back down on it. Wala!

Bad_bowtie

Bad_bowtie

Huge member
Lifetime Member
Jun 29, 2016
East Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X4
Installed the CJ shifter boot swamp ass fix mod my friend and fellow Michigander @Scoop told Me about. I know he will say it was not his idea but I seen it on his and he showed me the way to do it. Thank you.
As he would say, its hard to take a pic of a upside down boot but you get the picture😂
Easy peasy, just remove the center plastic and the shift gate, trim it just a cooter hair and screw the gate back down on it. Wala!
View attachment 437393
One of the best mods I've done to help with heat. It's amazing how much comes up thru there. Looking good my friend!

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
How do you do folks!
About 2-1/2 months since Ive been on this. Heads up here comes a chapter in a book! Sorry!!!

Sooo I did a thing and have been working on this thing for about a week and a half. That thing is Rugged Radio’s install. Been on my radar for a long time since I rode @Tramguage1 Talon when he visited my place 3 yrs ago. I loved the fact that I didnt have to yell at my wife and my head didnt hurt after a long trail ride. I already have tinnitus from working on loud machinery and I dont need things to get worse.

So I considered some other products like the one Tram had. Now mid you that was a few yrs ago. I settled on rugged cuz of my time in Nascar and being familiar with Racing Radios similar and seemed right. It also helped when My friend @Scoop had already bought this set up for his Talon and was a great help with the instillation. Quite helpful will the whole
Process and My many questions for that Im grateful.

Im happy with the end result. Gave me a chance to fix some cobbled wiring I had in the talon as well I will document. Looking forward to a trip to RRB next week on my 50th Bday with some friends to test it out.

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
IMG 2891
IMG 2892
Will start with some SATV arched arms I installed. All worked out well. I found I had a bad tie rod when I did these so it was good to get that taken care of. These are more robust than the stockers fo sho and adjustable.

advertisement
Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
You will have to go back to my other build pics to see where i had my switches.
With the radio i had to relocate switches to the pillar to the left of the steering wheel. Actually better for those 3
IMG 2894

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Also updated the steering wheel. The X2 is tight for a long legged 6’-2” guy. The D shaped wheel helps me get in. But it also has a mu h better feel than stock. Its an Assault industries wheel. Got it on from SATV .
IMG 2895

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Almost caught up🤣🥳
This is the Talon plate kit from Rugged Radios. I got the STX kit. The Bluetooth box is hidden in the front compartment along with the noise filter. Its controlled by the carling switch at the left along with the squelch adjustment.
Also as you can see I relocated the Auxbeam control to the top from the bottom location where It once was.
IMG 2896

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
So had a issue with the antenna cable. Found out it was a new cable they started carrying and not a splice able. With the help of @Scoop as we tried to figure this out, Rugged was fantastic with there customer service and is sending out a custom cut cable free of charge.

Now I bought some hangers for the ear muffs.
Found them on amazon. Had to buy 2 due to there being a bar in the center point of the cage so a single would be off center. Again another tip from @Scoop
Overall happy with this. Will post more when I tune things up and the trail ride with it.
IMG 2897

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!