Cuoutdoors

Cuoutdoors

Executive Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2016
Central Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Mine has been making the same popping noise even on mild/ moderate terrain. I ordered the reservoir caps and we'll see what happens. I think it will definitely help. Talking with you all and snuffnwhiskey it sounds extremely likely that the nitrogen pressure is not adequate.

Cuoutdoors

Cuoutdoors

Executive Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2016
Central Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Back Somewhere around the Overland adventure (maybe even before) I recognized that something was off with the way my honda was riding but I could not quite place it. While I am still not sure I found "it" I discovered that my Fox shocks appeared to be really low on nitrogen. Basically what was happening is after riding (at some speed) over rough terrain a couple of my shock would make a "pop" or 'bop" sound leading me to believe that I might need to put limiting straps on as if they might be overextending at certain points... Seems that is a classic symptom of needing additional nitrogen.

Seeing some of the talon guys have issue with their fox shocks leaking nitrogen due to the rubber seal on fox shocks I just added in these
reservoir replacement end caps on to my shocks and had them recharged. - these end caps have Schrader valves which are not prone to leaks and much easier to recharge
View attachment 175598

Sure enough the right front shock (where the noise was most noticeable) did not have much gas in them at all (when released) and my rears were probably at half of what they needed. I just installed the shocks back on my honda last night so have not had a chance to take for a ride and test out - So while I am confident that the shock needed the charge I don't yet know 100% if this solves my issue

View attachment 175600

also adds in a little more volume of gas that may or may not help out with cooling

@JTW click on "these"

I think glock, kahn and myself each got the 2.0 with the fox o-ring cap.

You don't really need them though since you dont ride your machine anymore. You'll see the difference when you ride with me at mulberry.

Ragnar406

Ragnar406

The Great Bald One
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 5, 2016
Bella Vista, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I really like that mounting plate system Milwaukee has.
Yea, that is what kind of peaked my interest to begin with. Mounting plate is $29 and they are going out with new stuff all the time. Rumor is they will have a box with pull out drawers this year sometime which will be nice

Adam490

Adam490

HFA Grand High Wizard
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 7, 2019
Covington, LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R LV
advertisement
snuffnwhisky

snuffnwhisky

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 21, 2016
Cullman, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Other Brand
Drill a small hole through the existing hole through the rubber puck inside the end cap to let the nitrogen out. Push the cap in and pop out the internal wire ring. Pull the cap out. Pretty straight forward.

Ragnar406

Ragnar406

The Great Bald One
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 5, 2016
Bella Vista, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Well it has been an eventful two weeks - on Jan 19th I was riding locally when I lost low gear, the Honda would just pop in and out of low gear - sounded like it was engaging and disengaging. Now high continued to work and I drove myself out of the woods just find.

I took the Pioneer to my local dealer (Heartland Honda) and hats off to them as they got me fixed up so that I was back on the trails this past weekend. I will also say the extended warranty just paid for itself as it was all covered. They ended up basically rebuilding my sub trans as the dogs (?) were wore on - not the low gear but the piece that engages the low gear.

I could not get the picture to focus too well but you might be able to make it out

Anyway after taking in in on a Wed they had it diagnosed and ordered part the following day the back to me a week later. Can't beat that

And then there was the trail sacrifice that has to be made each time I ride buckhorn - I say that because I swear every time i ride there something breaks/ stops working - lucky this time it was just a tie rod

TripleB

TripleB

Lifetime Member
Aug 13, 2018
Caryville, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
A couple months a go i guess i wanted to change something up so i decided to change out my storage boxes from Rigid to Milwaukee. For the money Rigid boxes are 2nd to none and the Milwaukee boxes are quite a bit more expensive - however were on sale over Christmas so i picked a few up. I have been quite pleased and will likely be expanding in the future.

One thing I definitely like about the Milwaukee pack out system is how they mount to each other and they fact that they make mounting plates that you can get

Below is a picture of the mounting plate secured to the back of my honda - the seat can still lift up as well

View attachment 177146

Picture of the Small Tool Box hooked in
View attachment 177145

I have only purchased 2 of the Packout Boxes their Small and Medium size. the Small size is pictured above and below - it comes with 4 removable trays that sit off to the side - they are about the same internal height as the rigid small box but a little deeper - I can actually get all my tools I had in the small rigid box and my impact into this box - these pics below are early pictures when I was trying to first pack - but you can see the 4 trays
View attachment 177144 View attachment 177143
Are you securing the mounting plate just through the plastic backing of the seat? If so do u think it would hold two medium boxes loaded with junk in a roll over? I've got the plastic seat back off but I was wanting a little info before I start drilling holes.

Reactions: Ragnar406 and BWAF
Ragnar406

Ragnar406

The Great Bald One
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 5, 2016
Bella Vista, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Are you securing the mounting plate just through the plastic backing of the seat? If so do u think it would hold two medium boxes loaded with junk in a roll over? I've got the plastic seat back off but I was wanting a little info before I start drilling holes.
I am securing them through the plastic seat back. while I have not used every screw hole I have used most- with a bolt and a washer and nylon nut on the back side. I did have to use a self tapper on one or two hole that went into the seat back frame.
i Am not worried about the mounting plate coming loose from the seat back. Two heavy boxes.. I am not sure I think there would be more of a potential for the boxes to possibly break the release tab and slide out in that direction than to come straight off.

TripleB

TripleB

Lifetime Member
Aug 13, 2018
Caryville, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I am securing them through the plastic seat back. while I have not used every screw hole I have used most- with a bolt and a washer and nylon nut on the back side. I did have to use a self tapper on one or two hole that went into the seat back frame.
i Am not worried about the mounting plate coming loose from the seat back. Two heavy boxes.. I am not sure I think there would be more of a potential for the boxes to possibly break the release tab and slide out in that direction than to come straight off.
Thanks

Reactions: CumminsPusher
advertisement