P1000 Power Steering Issue

jelmail2000

jelmail2000

Feb 6, 2017
US
I went for a ride with the family yesterday and after a decent ride length wise my power steering went out and the light came on. After a bit of riding i pulled over, turned the vehicle off and then back on again and it was fine after that. I made no modifications to it at all until recently when i had the dealer install a honda winch. Has anyone else experienced this and could it be related?

I appreciate all of the help this forum provides to a noob like me - thanks in advance!

Reactions: Smitty335 and sharp
Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I went for a ride with the family yesterday and after a decent ride length wise my power steering went out and the light came on. After a bit of riding i pulled over, turned the vehicle off and then back on again and it was fine after that. I made no modifications to it at all until recently when i had the dealer install a honda winch. Has anyone else experienced this and could it be related?

I appreciate all of the help this forum provides to a noob like me - thanks in advance!
I have a winch and have had no problems. I would take it back to the dealer to check out wiring issues.

J

JTW

I can't imagine how they'd be connected.. but weird things happen and you never know who's working on your machine!

snuffnwhisky

snuffnwhisky

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 21, 2016
Cullman, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Other Brand
Check the engine grounds and battery connections first. Engine ground under the seat and one through the rear center floorboard. Might be more elsewhere. If they followed the Honda install manual for the winch, they pretty much took 1/2 of the rig apart to run the ground wire to the engine.

Reactions: joeymt33 and JTW