P500 Plow Adjustments

• Thread starter Deleted member 3748
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 3748

I have a KFI plow setup on my P500 but I'm a noob and I don't know how I should be setting or adjusting any of its parts. How do you determine how far to pitch the blade forward, or spring tension, or what to do with those things that insert at the bottom of the blade. The inserts are really my biggest question. I have mine sitting on my work bench because they kept my blade from touching my driveway.

allgm1

allgm1

Lifetime Member
Mar 7, 2015
New Hampshire
lol thats what they are for. If you have a gravel driveway you don't want to plow the gravel off, just the snow, the skids will keep your plow up a bit as you know or some will use them just to keep from wearing down the wear bar.. As far as pitch is concerned if your plow is pitched forward its supposed to roll the snow off form it better, and if its pitched backwards more its supposed to scrap down better. the springs will adjust how much force is required to "trip" the plow. If you find your plow is tripping to easy tighten them up. I have my plow set up as per the manufacters recommendations which is blade forward as much as possible

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 3748

lol thats what they are for. If you have a gravel driveway you don't want to plow the gravel off, just the snow, the skids will keep your plow up a bit as you know or some will use them just to keep from wearing down the wear bar.. As far as pitch is concerned if your plow is pitched forward its supposed to roll the snow off form it better, and if its pitched backwards more its supposed to scrap down better. the springs will adjust how much force is required to "trip" the plow. If you find your plow is tripping to easy tighten them up. I have my plow set up as per the manufacters recommendations which is blade forward as much as possible

Perfect, thanks! I remember my dad using the skids on dirt roads when I was a kid, but I wasn't 100% on the reason. Snow also accumulates on the blade so pitching it forward seems like the solution. Thanks again.