Pioneer Takeover - Travel and Lodging Plans!

moparornocar

moparornocar

RIP....Rocmar...
Lifetime Member
Jan 26, 2016
Augusta, Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Anybody from Illinois leaving Thursday am? Wouldn't mind getting a convoy goin?

PioneerPete

PioneerPete

Lifetime Member
Jan 3, 2016
Chattanooga, TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I am leaving the 7th in the AM (Thursday) and staying until Sunday AM.
If my wife backs out on me (bad weather), I will be heading up Thursday AM as well. Want to get as much ride time on those trails as possible! What route will you take from Winchester? Will you come through Chattanooga and hit I75 down here, or cut over some other way?

M

Marine660

Club Contributor
Dec 12, 2015
If my wife backs out on me (bad weather), I will be heading up Thursday AM as well. Want to get as much ride time on those trails as possible! What route will you take from Winchester? Will you come through Chattanooga and hit I75 down here, or cut over some other way?

I will go through Chattanooga, and I agree I am going to maximize my time there for riding. I am hoping there are several folks that know the trails willing to "guide" me through some of the better ones...

If you want to meet up thursday somewhere and carpool out we can do that. I would be happy to send you my cell phone in a PM. I won't be able to stop at just anywhere with my rig as it is 42' long plus the long wheelbase truck. My wife is going to be driving the suburban towing the pioneer as well. I could stop at a cracker barrel or something similar with large parking area.

Reactions: PioneerPete
PioneerPete

PioneerPete

Lifetime Member
Jan 3, 2016
Chattanooga, TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I will go through Chattanooga, and I agree I am going to maximize my time there for riding. I am hoping there are several folks that know the trails willing to "guide" me through some of the better ones...

If you want to meet up thursday somewhere and carpool out we can do that. I would be happy to send you my cell phone in a PM. I won't be able to stop at just anywhere with my rig as it is 42' long plus the long wheelbase truck. My wife is going to be driving the suburban towing the pioneer as well. I could stop at a cracker barrel or something similar with large parking area.
Sounds good bud. We'll work it out when the time gets closer and I know for sure when I'm getting on the road.

R

randi 58

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 4, 2013
Ownership

1. 1000-3
We're leaving Thursday morning early from Indiana Brazil area

moparornocar

moparornocar

RIP....Rocmar...
Lifetime Member
Jan 26, 2016
Augusta, Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5

Walmart, cracker barrel hates trucks and big vehicles.

M

Marine660

Club Contributor
Dec 12, 2015
Walmart, cracker barrel hates trucks and big vehicles.

That's confusing as Cracker Barrel even has large RV pull through spots...don't think they mind in fact the promote it.

moparornocar

moparornocar

RIP....Rocmar...
Lifetime Member
Jan 26, 2016
Augusta, Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Last time I was at a cracker barrel I was threatened with them calling the cops, and my local one has a huge sign that says no trucks, maybe rvs are different....who knows.

advertisement
JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

I will be getting there on Tuesday afternoon 3 days early will be happy to show anyone around the trails. I will be in RV spot #5 which is the second slot right after the check in bldg. / General Store. Will be in a 45' Cyclone 4200 and a black F450.

ncred02

ncred02

Jul 16, 2015
Raleigh NC
Ownership

1. Other Brand
I will be making my reservations to the comfort inn this Thursday for the wife and I
I will be getting there on Tuesday afternoon 3 days early will be happy to show anyone around the trails. I will be in RV spot #5 which is the second slot right after the check in bldg. / General Store. Will be in a 45' Cyclone 4200 and a black F450.
open bar at Jackals?

Anyone know if there is WIFI or cell service? My son may have to upload a project for school Sat night. Apparently he has a real hard a...professor that makes them turn in papers on sat night. A real kill joy kind of guy

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
open bar at Jackals?

Anyone know if there is WIFI or cell service? My son may have to upload a project for school Sat night. Apparently he has a real hard a...professor that makes them turn in papers on sat night. A real kill joy kind of guy

There is some cell service and WiFi just don't cover the entire campground. The main office bldg has a restaurant and a full length covered porch. Should be able to get WiFi there or at general store check in building.

Hometeam

Hometeam

Lifetime Member
Nov 26, 2015
Normal, IL
Anybody from Illinois leaving Thursday am? Wouldn't mind getting a convoy goin?

I will be leaving either Wednesday afternoon or Thursday morning. I'll let you know as we get closer which day!! I am trying to get as much time in as I can while I'm making the trek down!!:)

Reactions: moparornocar
moparornocar

moparornocar

RIP....Rocmar...
Lifetime Member
Jan 26, 2016
Augusta, Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Sounds good buddy! We will be going down 55 to rt 4 then 64 all the way to Lexington and down 75. So easy I don't even need a map

Reactions: JACKAL
Tramguage1

Tramguage1

Texan
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 2, 2015
Somereset, Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
The wife and I are planning on leaving Monday or Tuesday am. South Texas is a few miles! We are staying at the Comfort Inn, so ncred02 if he needs WiFi he will have access there.
I have never done any trail riding like this in our Pioneer, but SUPER excited about the trip.

scott

scott

Lifetime Member
May 16, 2014
lyman, South Carolina
Well i got bad news. i was planning on going early but my wife will not get back from NY until the 7th the day i was going to head there. Luckily i'm only 3 hours away so i'll leave first thing friday morning.

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Well i got bad news. i was planning on going early but my wife will not get back from NY until the 7th the day i was going to head there.
Have her fly into Knoxville only 35 min away :D

Reactions: scott
scott

scott

Lifetime Member
May 16, 2014
lyman, South Carolina
She goes through Charlotte NC and drives to our house in Spartanburg SC. She isn't going on ride. But i have to stay home with kids until she gets back. I might go up thursday night and just sleep in my jeep so i can get up and ride first thing friday morning. If anyone plans on riding allday sunday i'll be game. I'm going to see if my parents will watch our kids thursday and i'll head up mid day thursday but i'll see how it plays out.

Last edited:
advertisement