Pioneer Ride Of The Century Discussion Thread!!!

Sacagawea

Sacagawea

Lifetime Member
Dec 6, 2016
Oklahoma
Ownership

1. 500
I offer all the time. Her response? That's ok, I'm good. Maybe it has something to do with the part of the trail where I make the offer... lol

Well for me it's the rocks and parts of the road that drop off in big huge hole that require maneuvers not normally performed in my Prius. It's easier to drink cocktails and watch someone else's do it. So I've never been to interested in taking wheel.

AKRider

AKRider

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 31, 2016
Palmer, Alaska
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Well for me it's the rocks and parts of the road that drop off in big huge hole that require maneuvers not normally performed in my Prius. It's easier to drink cocktails and watch someone else's do it. So I've never been to interested in taking wheel.
You two would get along really well... lol

advertisement
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
I'd definitely be in my element on this trip. It's just a little larger version of what I do for every hunting trip where everything goes in with me.

Yep. Sounds like you need to make it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AKRider

AKRider

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 31, 2016
Palmer, Alaska
Ownership

1. 1000-5
One suggestion. Mountain House meals and a quick method to boil water. I'm a minimalist when it comes to this type of thing. Good trail mix, candy bars, Lifestraws, shelf stable moose hunter sticks. I can live for a long time on this stuff.

Oh... and toilet paper... lol

moparornocar

moparornocar

RIP....Rocmar...
Lifetime Member
Jan 26, 2016
Augusta, Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
One suggestion. Mountain House meals and a quick method to boil water. I'm a minimalist when it comes to this type of thing. Good trail mix, candy bars, Lifestraws, shelf stable moose hunter sticks. I can live for a long time on this stuff.

Oh... and toilet paper... lol
I'll be bringing a small camp stove a few cooking supplies also.

AKRider

AKRider

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 31, 2016
Palmer, Alaska
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I'll be bringing a small camp stove a few cooking supplies also.
I carry a MSR Reactor, and sometimes a Jet boil as a backup. Depends on space and where I'm going. The MSR by far is the better stove, but doesn't have an ignition source. I always have at least 5 lighters, so that isn't a problem.

advertisement