Pioneer Ride Of The Century Discussion Thread!!!

Tigermark

Tigermark

Outside looking in.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Here's a fly over of the actual campground. Anywhere in this area you can camp. It's private land free of charge backed up to Forrest. There are several good spots amongst the trees but as the drone comes back in you'll see a glimps of a camp on far right that's us. Damn near anywhere you see is rideable in the distance including the larger mountain top that's mt. Baldy. The Saint Joe river is at the bottom of this area inbetween mountain ranges.
1e7856f06eb1cac90002912c9c8ae5c3.jpg
20161208/6b7018ecbced3e1e3bc387dd24edc028.jpg[/IMG]
The large open area is fully rideable including both race tracks but kids have the right away and all the trails branch out from here. If you stay off the dirt road other then then to cross you wont get lost as all trails eventually lead back to the open area. If you follow the road at all, different story lol
The red sxs that's seen is us.
My boy was in this race they do a few races a year. We ride all of this and in fact at night we prefer the single tracks and run this course as well in the sxs, this gives a little bit of an idea of the area close by the campground
It's hard to look up so I figured you may want an idea.
That's some beautiful country CP !

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
I'll be running a small 5k BTU window unit. Only about 35 lb. I agree with Monte on the teardrop there really isn't space for one. It will be a sweet unit anyway, I can't wait to see it
Yeah, those are cheap too, about one Franklin. Wonder what the wattage is on one, may be able to run it off an inverter when we're camped remotely. If you have any of them scheduled along the way.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
I'm hoping to have a toy hauler by then.;) I'll be part of the welcoming team, as you guys make your grand entrance!
Gotcha. Any ideas on which hauler you may end up with, new/used. And we can only hope our entrance is grand, as opposed to wobbly wheels, broken shock, smoke bellowing out from..................somewhere lol.

Tigermark

Tigermark

Outside looking in.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Gotcha. Any ideas on which hauler you may end up with, new/used. And we can only hope our entrance is grand, as opposed to wobbly wheels, broken shock, smoke bellowing out from..................somewhere lol.
Well, either welcoming team, or rescue team we'll be there for you! ;)

LandPioneer

LandPioneer

Lifetime Member
Aug 22, 2016
Lebanon TN
Ownership

1. 700-4
Here's a fly over of the actual campground. Anywhere in this area you can camp. It's private land free of charge backed up to Forrest. There are several good spots amongst the trees but as the drone comes back in you'll see a glimps of a camp on far right that's us. Damn near anywhere you see is rideable in the distance including the larger mountain top that's mt. Baldy. The Saint Joe river is at the bottom of this area inbetween mountain ranges.
1e7856f06eb1cac90002912c9c8ae5c3.jpg
20161208/6b7018ecbced3e1e3bc387dd24edc028.jpg[/IMG]
The large open area is fully rideable including both race tracks but kids have the right away and all the trails branch out from here. If you stay off the dirt road other then then to cross you wont get lost as all trails eventually lead back to the open area. If you follow the road at all, different story lol
The red sxs that's seen is us.
My boy was in this race they do a few races a year. We ride all of this and in fact at night we prefer the single tracks and run this course as well in the sxs, this gives a little bit of an idea of the area close by the campground
It's hard to look up so I figured you may want an idea.
Wow it sure is beautiful up there! I hope to ride in that part of the country one day!

advertisement
iowaguy

iowaguy

Lifetime Member
Sep 22, 2014
Eastern Iowa
Ownership

1. Other Brand
This is the little guy I'm ordering. It's an Osprey (cool name right there) made by American Tear Drops. The company is in Auburn California and they build them to order. So not like other manufacturers where you pick one off the lot. The base model ( shown in this image) is $4,495 but you can accessories this thing up to 10K lol. I'm going to add the optional spare tire obviously, the diamond plate aluminum tongue box, battery and the 12/110 volt package to it so it will be around 6K. Under 600 lbs. without gear and hopefully not over 800 lbs. with. Undecided at present whether to silicone a small flex solar panel to the roof wired to the battery for daytime charging, or trailer wiring harness connecting up to the Pioneer so that the trailer battery is charged along with the SxS battery.

View attachment 27950
Gez,,This is what I was looking at getting if I go. Might have to go back to the drawing board and build something .
Kamp rite oversize tent cot 12376 2

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Gez,,This is what I was looking at getting if I go. Might have to go back to the drawing board and build something .View attachment 27969
Ok, but that is very cool Iowa!! Even if not for this adventure. I really wish I had the time to make something but I already bite off more than I can chew regularly. If the distributor near mopar doesn't sponsor the expedition with a loner, he'll be making one as well. An example of the style he'll be doing is posted on the first page of the thread. If you do build something, we know it will be first class!

iowaguy

iowaguy

Lifetime Member
Sep 22, 2014
Eastern Iowa
Ownership

1. Other Brand
Anyone care to comment on the actual feasibility of that sxs pickup camper thing? Maybe not as elaborate as the one in the picture, but something similar?
what I have been thinking about is taking the roof off and make a frame out of aluminum to sit on the roll cage with sides about 6" tall all the way around covered with 1/8 " plastic and make 40" wide roof panals that would hinge up from the sides and meet in the middle to form a A frame I think it would be less than 60# and I would be high and dry .

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
what I have been thinking about is taking the roof off and make a frame out of aluminum to sit on the roll cage with sides about 6" tall all the way around covered with 1/8 " plastic and make 40" wide roof panals that would hinge up from the sides and meet in the middle to form a A frame I think it would be less than 60# and I would be high and dry .
Sounds great, have you committed that to paper yet?

Reactions: moparornocar
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV

Iowaguy I'm sure it's going to be cool if you're doing it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AKRider

AKRider

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 31, 2016
Palmer, Alaska
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Gez,,This is what I was looking at getting if I go. Might have to go back to the drawing board and build something .View attachment 27969
I've seriously looked at those, but I already four tents for different situations. I'm really liking my 4 season Browning 10x10. Those are cool, though.

advertisement