P1000m5 Pioneer 1000-5 on a 12 foot Jumping Jack Tent Trailer

J

JAL

Nov 22, 2020
Medford, OR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Yup. Pioneer 1000-5 spotted, in the wild, on top of a 12 foot Jumping Jack Tent Trailer.

Loaded1

J

JAL

Nov 22, 2020
Medford, OR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hi Tim... You are correct. At first, I mounted the two Rotopax containers to the center roll bar. This interfered with my view through my rear view mirror. Also, I was not so happy with the possibility of fuel dripping down between the seat and cargo bed. I found a PAX bar mount that I modified and I moved the Rotopax gas container to the rear onto the swing out spare tire structure. I left the water container in the cab.

If you look closely on the right of this photo, I added a clamp on mount for a Chameleon 2M Ham Radio antenna which is on order. These antennas were designed for RVs and do not require a metal ground plane.

Rotaopax2

Dirtstiffs-1000

Dirtstiffs-1000

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Nov 3, 2018
Republican from the wet side of Oregonifornia
hondasxs.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hi Tim... You are correct. At first, I mounted the two Rotopax containers to the center roll bar. This interfered with my view through my rear view mirror. Also, I was not so happy with the possibility of fuel dripping down between the seat and cargo bed. I found a PAX bar mount that I modified and I moved the Rotopax gas container to the rear onto the swing out spare tire structure. I left the water container in the cab.

If you look closely on the right of this photo, I added a clamp on mount for a Chameleon 2M Ham Radio antenna which is on order. These antennas were designed for RVs and do not require a metal ground plane.

View attachment 237184
You in Oregonifornia? I see the ATV sticker.
I'm on the wet side.
Nice rack, looks familiar.
20200919 113723