Lifetime Member
Nov 2, 2022
Midway KY
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R

4. Talon R LV
Google search Honda Pioneer 1000-5 aftermarket skid plates. There are several brands that have tabs that wrap upwards at the front footwell area. If I were you, I would dedicate time to browse various companies who make aftermarket parts for your machine. Explore these products and compare them to others you encounter in your search. Some of these are more reasonably priced and some are much more expensive, like everything else in life. Paying a ton for something doesn't mean it's a good product, but the sky is the limit depending on what you're looking for. Once you find something you like, google product reviews on the web and YouTube. Too many resources out there if you put the effort forth. You can also query anyone here for their opinion once you narrow down your choices. These machines weren't made to bulldoze down saplings but there are numerous machines purpose built to do so. Good luck on your query and keep us informed of your progress

Reactions: Backwoods and ChadD
Ohio4x4

Ohio4x4

I brought the dishwasher
Lifetime Member
Aug 23, 2018
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Doesn’t seem like the common skid plates protect this area. Do you have something to protect the fender well?
They don't. The skid plate is just additional coverage so nothing comes up through the floor. The wheel wells are a whole other mess. I've cut out cardboard a few times to attempt to make some hillbilly guards but there are just to many angles for my fab skills to make it out of one piece. I'm my experience more pieces is just more s*** to fall off. satv makes some they're on my parts list for the pioneer reconstruction.

S

Scamih

Jul 9, 2020
Marshall Illinois
Ownership

1. 1000-5
They don't. The skid plate is just additional coverage so nothing comes up through the floor. The wheel wells are a whole other mess. I've cut out cardboard a few times to attempt to make some hillbilly guards but there are just to many angles for my fab skills to make it out of one piece. I'm my experience more pieces is just more s*** to fall off. satv makes some they're on my parts list for the pioneer reconstruction.
I’m thinking the satv ones don’t protect the place where your likely to wedge a stick like I did. There are some good examples on here on fabbing 3 or 4 pieces. I’ve got a retired buddy that’s good at heating and bending the heavy plastic. I’m going to replace floor, put on satv skid plate, then homade fender wall guards. I’ll send pics when done. In the meantime if anyone else has good fender well guard pictures or examples not already on the sight please post them. Thank you.

ODAMO

ODAMO

Oct 12, 2018
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Doesn’t seem like the common skid plates protect this area. Do you have something to protect the fender well?
You could add the 22+ fender liners. They are fairly strong plastic that are smooth and covers the nooks and crannies that can catch the end of a stick and deflect it

Reactions: ChadD
S

Scamih

Jul 9, 2020
Marshall Illinois
Ownership

1. 1000-5
You could add the 22+ fender liners. They are fairly strong plastic that are smooth and covers the nooks and crannies that can catch the end of a stick and deflect it
[/QUOTE
I like that option, thanks . I found them pretty cheap. Have a buddy with a 22 sending me pics tonight. May still add a few pieces in the round part of the well. The new floor piece should be here Thursday.

IMG 5744

Reactions: ChadD and JenElio
S

Scamih

Jul 9, 2020
Marshall Illinois
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Phase 1 complete take your time need a 5mm allen, 10mm socket, tool to pull clips Don’t forget there is one clip on each side of fender we’ll on outside. Took a couple hours. You have to take the floor out to get this piece out. I watched a video on YouTube and he basically just said the things I typed. I found the part for like 130 but they were out of stock. Ended up paying 190ish from Motorsport. Shipped quick.
IMG 5813

advertisement
S

Scamih

Jul 9, 2020
Marshall Illinois
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Phase 1 complete take your time need a 5mm allen, 10mm socket, tool to pull clips Don’t forget there is one clip on each side of fender we’ll on outside. Took a couple hours. You have to take the floor out to get this piece out. I watched a video on YouTube and he basically just said the things I typed. I found the part for like 130 but they were out of stock. Ended up paying 190ish from Motorsport. Shipped quick. View attachment 435016
Notice the new piece already has the holes for the addon inner fender liner that comes stock on 22 and above. I have those ordered.

C

chucksmith0706

Jul 22, 2020
Louisiana

Have the part number for these?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ODAMO

ODAMO

Oct 12, 2018
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3
WoW. Thanks for the accolades. Honda came up with it, hopefully it does the job.

Reactions: TripleB
advertisement