Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
IS ANYONE INTERESTED IN A PARKING BRAKE SETUP?

******updated the first half of this article ******

It will come as a complete setup figured easier that way. 95$+shipping I will do a flat rate so it's the same to everyone in the States. I know Canada (@ghost:)) will be a bit more but I'll go off of actual for that. I'll be disassembling my current setup tomorrow,a couple light changes then copy the lines, reinstall and finalize with caps around the lines the go through the lower dash a couple protective measures and general cleanup for a nice clean look. After installing you'll hardly notice it.

This is the manual setup NOT the electronic that requires electricity to keep engaged. It was reliable.You'll have to bleed the brakes obviously after install and two holes for the lines will come through the lower dash and will need drilled for that but will come with grommets to be pretty clean and I'll send a diagram for cutouts. The rest is pretty straightforward. With this unit you just press on the brake pedal hit the button and release brake pedal and the front brakes will remain locked until you press the brake pedal again. the lines are steel not rubber so there won't be additional brake fade and will match factory equipment.
Now for the good stuff-
Here is a pic for angle and I'm positive it could be more based off of some of the things we've done:) you just jump in hit pedal and go! No more "clunk" from the transmission.

Now a view of inside shows it's actually in low gear,1st and 4wd not park

I will suggest someone place into park for a safety backup but I don't feel ill actually need to. This system locks the front tires so if engaged prior to park it's fully locked up with backup. Not positive on how long engagement will last but should be long time I've been trailering and leaving overnight with no release. I wouldn't leave it on a hill for a week with it in neutral:)

Last edited:
Eltobgi

Eltobgi

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 21, 2016
North Dakota
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
I love it! I sorry its the kid in me, but...I can't help thinking That the first thing I would probably do with CP's setup is create a video where I would power brake it until the smoke from the tires would engulf the entire machine. And then... I would use it the was it was intended to be used by parking on a steep hill and engaging the only one of its kind P1K5 emergency braking system! Nice work CP, you never cease to amaze me!:)

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Ok I'll get pricing for the lines and get back. I wanted to make sure others were interested soil new what to tell the shop, I'm hoping they'll do better in multiple. I could send the lines or get a full kit together I'll figure it out both ways

Last edited:
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Very cool idea. Not sure why these don't have a parking brake from the factory
That's one thing I missed from the 700 roghtoff

advertisement
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
I love it! I sorry its the kid in me, but...I can't help thinking That the first thing I would probably do with CP's setup is create a video where I would power brake it until the smoke from the tires would engulf the entire machine. And then... I would use it the was it was intended to be used by parking on a steep hill and engaging the only one of its kind P1K5 emergency braking system! Nice work CP, you never cease to amaze me!:)
Thank you my friend! Yes you could have fun with thier intended purpose. You could just here the dollars slipping away but omg it would be fun!

Reactions: Eltobgi
PioneerPete

PioneerPete

Lifetime Member
Jan 3, 2016
Chattanooga, TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Ok I'll get pricing for the lines and get back. I wanted to make sure others were interested soil new what to tell the shop, I'm hoping they'll do better in multiple. I could send the lines or get a full kit together I'll figure it out both ways
I'll take one too @CumminsPusher if its not too much trouble.

Reactions: CumminsPusher
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
I'll take one too @CumminsPusher if its not too much trouble.
Not a problem. Should have a few sets ready early next week. I'll post pics of everything in use. It'll be simple to use and safe. had a company bend the lines and wasn't happy with the product sometimes you have to do it yourself. I'll be building the lines like the last set. I want everything to fit correctly and function correctly. I've desided it to be a ready to install kit because there is metric and standard involved it would be drastically easier to just start with everything and can get slightly better prices. It'll have screws bolts and covers everything needed with a diagram for cutout. I've adjusted mine about 3 times made countless lines and it would be done by now but trying to route things for maximum ease and protection. I'll have mine done tomorrow then testing on Sunday. All goes well make identical set Monday to copy from. It's looking like 95 plus ship for complete e-brake setup. Ill be into the unit 30 Both lines 34 screws plugs zip ties diagram and packaging so I'm not making anything guys this is as cheap as it can really be done right. Be kinda fun though to see a complaint go away with this one! I'll be going in order through this for delivery.

Last edited:
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Me too... Sending pm.
I've got enough coming for about 7 excluding mine but I'm ordering more material now. Start going out next week!

advertisement