P1000 P500 vs P700 vs P1000

McPioneer

McPioneer

Jan 20, 2016
British Columbia, Canada
Guys, where do I start.

I can't thank you enough for your input and honesty, it has really helped me in my thought process. Every one of your replays have been helpful and I'm sure will help others.

I will take the 500 and the 1000 for a test drive In a couple of weeks time but I am leaning even more to the 1000. I guess if my only concern is the possibility of first model issues then the 5 year extended warranty will cure those concerns. I am not ruling out the 500 and waiting a couple of years to trade up but once I have ridden both I know my gut will keep me right. It's not let me down yet.

I plan on making my purchase as soon as the spring offers are in. I would buy down in the states if the exchange rate was not the way it is although with the current exchange the Canadian models would be a heck of a lot cheaper for you guys in the states. I also think it's important to have a good relationship with your local dealer.

Thanks again for your time it is appreciated.

Reactions: PioneerPete
SuperYeti

SuperYeti

May 11, 2015
Vancouver, BC
Ownership

1. 700-4
Guys, where do I start.

I can't thank you enough for your input and honesty, it has really helped me in my thought process. Every one of your replays have been helpful and I'm sure will help others.

I will take the 500 and the 1000 for a test drive In a couple of weeks time but I am leaning even more to the 1000. I guess if my only concern is the possibility of first model issues then the 5 year extended warranty will cure those concerns. I am not ruling out the 500 and waiting a couple of years to trade up but once I have ridden both I know my gut will keep me right. It's not let me down yet.

I plan on making my purchase as soon as the spring offers are in. I would buy down in the states if the exchange rate was not the way it is although with the current exchange the Canadian models would be a heck of a lot cheaper for you guys in the states. I also think it's important to have a good relationship with your local dealer.

Make sure you test drive the 500 first. When i got my new F350 in September, I drove the gasser first "just in case" although I was pretty sure it was going to be the diesel. If I had driven the 6.7 first, I never would have gotten in the gasser, and would have wondered what if. You'll probably still go with the 1000, but at least then there's no doubt, they both got a fair shake.

Reactions: McPioneer
McPioneer

McPioneer

Jan 20, 2016
British Columbia, Canada
Make sure you test drive the 500 first. When i got my new F350 in September, I drove the gasser first "just in case" although I was pretty sure it was going to be the diesel. If I had driven the 6.7 first, I never would have gotten in the gasser, and would have wondered what if. You'll probably still go with the 1000, but at least then there's no doubt, they both got a fair shake.
Great idea, never thought about that but it makes perfect sense.

PioneerPete

PioneerPete

Lifetime Member
Jan 3, 2016
Chattanooga, TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Guys, where do I start.

Driving the 1000 will be like opening Pandoras Box... no going back after that!lol

E

Ericthered

Eric The Red
Lifetime Member
Nov 6, 2017
Sparks, NV
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I test drove the P700 first. With my wife we went around the parking lot and up on a large tilted rock. Scared the hell out of my wife. Very tipsy. Then we took the same ride in a P1000. Could not believe the difference. Steady, firm, and completely in control. That was when my wife surprised me and said, yes, you can have one! You should take the same test drive. And since I purchased it I had the clutch mod done, so there are no issues there. I did have one fupah. Yesterday I went to move my dead Ford tractor. Thought it was in neutral. Started spinning in 2wd, so I put it in 4wd. still spun. So I put it in 4wd-lock. She groaned, but slid the tractor backwards. I got out and took it out of 4wd and first gear. It weighs 3,500 lbs. So, for brute strength and stability I give the P1000-3 an A+ .

Reactions: elkguide