Vikes79

SKOL!
Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
South Dakota
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X4 LV
While it is not something that would be a priority for myself, I can absolutely see why someone would want that. I absolutely love the outdoors, one of my biggest joys in life; However, there are days.... I want to enjoy the scenery and POI's, but not the heat or cold, the rain or snow, or the damn bugs! Sometimes you just want the comforts in life... AND to enjoy the outdoors.
I won’t lie…I had a moment of weakness and was dealing on a ‘24 Ranger Northstar to replace my p1k5 after rebuilding the Talon X4 this summer.

I plow a lot of snow in the winter and I have a commercial application license for spraying pastures and crops. I hardly ever fold up the rear seats anymore as the kiddos are now young adults. I also leave the soft doors and windows on when spraying to try and limit inadvertent spray drift onto myself. The downside is that it’s fooking hot in the cab this way. In the winter I have a heater and it’s good for what it is.

The cab system on the Polaris Rangers is simply in another league compared to the Honda offerings. For Honda to have a true HVAC setup they would also have to completely overhaul their cab setup and sealing.

sek-hunter

sek-hunter

Oct 28, 2013
Sounds like Michigan. But we get a dumping of 8” of snow at a pop and below freezing temps all winter long. We bundle up and ride snowmobiles in those temps. Gets 90’s and humid also. Although when I use to spend alot of my summers in South Eastern KY with my cousins, I think its 10 times hotter than here and for longer. Went down for Xmas once and they got 3” of snow and shut everything down! Lol thats nothin for us. We just motored on through.

I’m In Southeast KY. I live in Knott County and my family live in Corbin and Williamsburg.

True about the three inches of snow. If they even call for three inches, the grocery shelves are cleared off in record time. Funny for an area where most people have a 4x4 truck or side by side…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DRZRon1

DRZRon1

May 11, 2019
PA
Ownership

1. Talon X
with all due respect - a used jeep/similar solves all this at a much lower price point and IMO will go just about anywhere these sxs go, plow snow better, etc..... if im on a dirt bike, sxs, etc. and it rains - well that sucks, throw the rain gear on and deal with it. if its cold, so what, dress for it, always have a helmet on - so never really get cold. hot it hot - so yes it feels great when the helmet comes off. to each their own - I still get a thrill will the icky mud, dust that checks your snot system is still filtering properly, etc.

waiting for Honda to build a sealed heated\AC cabbed machine is a wait in futility

ride on my friends :).

DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
Makes sense. I’m in Kentucky where if you don’t like the current weather, you can just wait around a couple hours and it’ll be something different.

Our yearly temps regularly range from zero with snow and ice, to 100 and full humidity. Being able to change up cab configuration makes the buggy a four season machine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I lived in Lawrenceburg for 2 years. I had forgotten what cold was until I went back east.

SuperATV

SuperATV

Vendor
Dec 5, 2013
Madison, IN
www.superatv.com
The Ranger and Defender "HVAC" models are huge sellers. Y'all gotta remember that we do a lot of playing with ours, but the vast majority of these machines are sold for 100% utility use. Kawie saw the success they were having and just released the Ridge. The Xpedition is selling really well.

If Honda can crack into that market at a competitive price...they should crank one out as soon as possible to compete. The market is there.

Remington

Remington

Fife! POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I’m In Southeast KY. I live in Knott County and my family live in Corbin and Williamsburg.
They are in Floyd County, Maytown/Prestonsburg area

Reactions: Vikes79
Vikes79

Vikes79

SKOL!
Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
South Dakota
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X4 LV
The Ranger and Defender "HVAC" models are huge sellers. Y'all gotta remember that we do a lot of playing with ours, but the vast majority of these machines are sold for 100% utility use. Kawie saw the success they were having and just released the Ridge. The Xpedition is selling really well.

If Honda can crack into that market at a competitive price...they should crank one out as soon as possible to compete. The market is there.
No doubt peoples are buying the Expe$idition…on my Black Hills ride over the 4th with my rebuilt Talon x4 we encountered 3 traveling as a group on the Mickelson Trail…the ass hats thought they owned the trail and wouldn’t get over in the slightest for our group.

SuperATV

SuperATV

Vendor
Dec 5, 2013
Madison, IN
www.superatv.com
No doubt peoples are buying the Expe$idition…on my Black Hills ride over the 4th with my rebuilt Talon x4 we encountered 3 traveling as a group on the Mickelson Trail…the ass hats thought they owned the trail and wouldn’t get over in the slightest for our group.
They probably couldn't hear over the INSANELY loud cab noise. 🤣

advertisement