ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I like it. I'll take one for my 1000 please kind sir.

I'm not making them made that one for myself, that one was HEAVY, between the tire/wheel, jack, tool kit, recovery gear, and probably @75# of tire carrier. I'll wager it was close to 200#

Takes thick steel and good welds or all that weight cantilevered that far out shakes and shimmies and flops and flexes ALOT and hard.

I personally like @Moses setup half the weight just by design compared to what I had for the carrier itself. Closer in and the way it's mounted to the machine there is far less stress on the mounting points than mine had. Little higher than I'd want considering how much all the crap I'd be putting on it weighs so if I bought his I'd drop it down as far as it'd let me.

Lochsa88

Lochsa88

Apr 13, 2021
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Finally got the last bracket made, and the 2 - 2 gallon Rotopax put on. Seems to work ok. I had to tighten the crap out of the rotopax extension piece to get the outer most tank secure. Bumper swings out of the way so we can still lower the tailgate and dump the bed. Kept everything low and not too much higher than the tailgate, so that we can still easily see out the back of the machine. Built the brackets using 1 1/4" receiver tubes, so if I want to change it up later its not that much work. Might work on a chainsaw bracket next, but for now this will work.

Trailer makes up to it, without any issues when in a hard turn. I might shorten up that receiver just a little, as I have a few inches clearance to play with.

After seeing all these guys installing the CATVOS 3" lift, that might be the next project on the list. Fitting a set of 30-32" tired would really help out on some of the trails we ride. I saw one guy post a broken front axle already though, so I am a little hesitant. Wanted to get a little more ground clearance, so that hitch extension I have on doesn't cause quite as many issues on the trail.

View attachment 10938 View attachment 10939 View attachment 10940 View attachment 10941
very cool setup. been lookin at bumpers, but also trying to figure out best way to carry a spare. like the custom setup, with fuel and/or saw. any more pics or measurements you can share. here or in a pvt message?