Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I like the swing away feature a lot. I also like the feature of the hitch mounted so I can remove it when not needed.

I guess I chose the easy road and built the simple one. The swing away carrier would push the limits of my skills I'm afraid.

Reactions: Smitty335
sajnaj

sajnaj

Jul 5, 2015
clinton indiana
Finally got the last bracket made, and the 2 - 2 gallon Rotopax put on. Seems to work ok. I had to tighten the crap out of the rotopax extension piece to get the outer most tank secure. Bumper swings out of the way so we can still lower the tailgate and dump the bed. Kept everything low and not too much higher than the tailgate, so that we can still easily see out the back of the machine. Built the brackets using 1 1/4" receiver tubes, so if I want to change it up later its not that much work. Might work on a chainsaw bracket next, but for now this will work.

Trailer makes up to it, without any issues when in a hard turn. I might shorten up that receiver just a little, as I have a few inches clearance to play with.

After seeing all these guys installing the CATVOS 3" lift, that might be the next project on the list. Fitting a set of 30-32" tired would really help out on some of the trails we ride. I saw one guy post a broken front axle already though, so I am a little hesitant. Wanted to get a little more ground clearance, so that hitch extension I have on doesn't cause quite as many issues on the trail.

View attachment 10938 View attachment 10939 View attachment 10940 View attachment 10941
i love that trailer

Reactions: Smitty335
JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X4
Finally got the last bracket made, and the 2 - 2 gallon Rotopax put on. Seems to work ok. I had to tighten the crap out of the rotopax extension piece to get the outer most tank secure. Bumper swings out of the way so we can still lower the tailgate and dump the bed. Kept everything low and not too much higher than the tailgate, so that we can still easily see out the back of the machine. Built the brackets using 1 1/4" receiver tubes, so if I want to change it up later its not that much work. Might work on a chainsaw bracket next, but for now this will work.

Trailer makes up to it, without any issues when in a hard turn. I might shorten up that receiver just a little, as I have a few inches clearance to play with.

After seeing all these guys installing the CATVOS 3" lift, that might be the next project on the list. Fitting a set of 30-32" tired would really help out on some of the trails we ride. I saw one guy post a broken front axle already though, so I am a little hesitant. Wanted to get a little more ground clearance, so that hitch extension I have on doesn't cause quite as many issues on the trail.

View attachment 10938 View attachment 10939 View attachment 10940 View attachment 10941

Looks very nice, the 1 1/4" receiver hitch tubes they bolt up right where the ROPS terminates at the bottom back correct with the 2 large bolts on each side? That looks to be the most versatile adapter setup for quick change or removal all together.

AKTMW

AKTMW

Oct 25, 2015
Anchorage
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Looks very nice, the 1 1/4" receiver hitch tubes they bolt up right where the ROPS terminates at the bottom back correct with the 2 large bolts on each side? That looks to be the most versatile adapter setup for quick change or removal all together.

The 1 1/4" receiver tubes are only on top of the vertical supports, on the swing out piece. Should be pretty versatile. Wanted to make another piece for a hi-lift, but it's getting pretty heavy back there. Hi lift might go on front bumper.

The 2 large bolts (use the same bolt holes as the rear ROPS) are just holding a rect tube spacer, so the bumper clears the muffler.

AKTMW

AKTMW

Oct 25, 2015
Anchorage
Ownership

1. 1000-5
can you post the specs please? I'm looking into it... really like the swing arm thanks

When I get back home, I will sit down with a beer, go through my chicken scratch in the shop, and reply with a list of the materials I used.

If I had to do it again, I wouldn't go as heavy walled. The steel I used was WAY more than needed. Also, I may build new supports that lower the complete assembly by 2" or so. My hinge bracket just barely touches the passenger side bed plastic when in full tilt mode. Something to think about though, when you start building.

advertisement
Moses

Moses

Owner - Brick City Fab
Vendor
Jul 29, 2016
Gilbert arizona
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Have been on the hunt for a spare tire mount for the 1000-5 and not having much luck. There are a couple of hitch mount options, but prefer something mounted to the cage. Anyone find anything? Pics are always appreciated.

Thanks

Have been on the hunt for a spare tire mount for the 1000-5 and not having much luck. There are a couple of hitch mount options, but prefer something mounted to the cage. Anyone find anything? Pics are always appreciated.

Thanks
IMG 7652

Manwell

Manwell

Lifetime Member
Jul 12, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I ordered a spare tire and Rotopax mount, swing away version from Moses, should ship on Wednesday. The quality level looks great and I will post pictures when it is actually installed.

sugarray

sugarray

Is this a game show?
Lifetime Member
Feb 17, 2016
WV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Would be putting it on the front block too much airflow for radiator cooling?

jasontjames

jasontjames

Lifetime Member
Apr 28, 2016
Melissa, TX
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Someone here on the forum made a rear bumper that had a pivoting spare tire attachment on it. It was hinged at one end so the whole spare tire would swing out of the way allowing the tailgate to lower and the bed to dump. Was it @ohanacreek ?

It was BigRack. Pretty slick too.

There is a guy named moses that built some and has them for sale.

Edit: BigRacks is a swing out mounted to the rops.

Reactions: Moses
advertisement