P1000 Oil Pan hole

perry

perry

Jun 13, 2016
South Dakota
Ownership

1. Talon R
Hit a rock and rolled it and put a crack in the oil pan. Any one had this problem, lucky i looked and was close to the hard road and walk back and got the truck and winched it on the trailer. There will be a better skid plate in my future!

Reactions: BWAF and sharp
ToddACimer

ToddACimer

Pioneer 1005-2
Lifetime Member
Oct 7, 2016
Oshkosh, Wi
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I cracked mine back in July. The frame crossmember rubbed on the oil pan and put a small hole in it.

ToddACimer

ToddACimer

Pioneer 1005-2
Lifetime Member
Oct 7, 2016
Oshkosh, Wi
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Mine never ran out of oil. Actually didn't even notice it until I washed the machine and it started leaking. I need to beef up the 2 frame crossmembers before we hit the rocky stuff again.

Cuoutdoors

Cuoutdoors

Executive Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2016
Central Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Hit a rock and rolled it and put a crack in the oil pan. Any one had this problem, lucky i looked and was close to the hard road and walk back and got the truck and winched it on the trailer. There will be a better skid plate in my future!
Rolled the machine? Sounds like a rough ride. I recommend 1/2" UHMW front to back. If you are going to be in a lot of rocks or taking blows to the bottom it wouldn't hurt to add a little support to the crossmember or even add an extra cross member.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Reactions: BWAF
perry

perry

Jun 13, 2016
South Dakota
Ownership

1. Talon R
Rolled the machine? Sounds like a rough ride. I recommend 1/2" UHMW front to back. If you are going to be in a lot of rocks or taking blows to the bottom it wouldn't hurt to add a little support to the crossmember or even add an extra cross member.

so is the 1/2 uhmw good stuff or do you have it? I did not roll the machine the rock rolled under the machine and bent and cracked the pan. was looking for skid plates?

Last edited:
Reactions: BWAF
Cuoutdoors

Cuoutdoors

Executive Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2016
Central Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-3
so is the 1/2 uhmw good stuff or do you have it? I did not roll the machine the rock rolled under the machine and bent and cracked the pan. was looking for skid plates?
Yes, UHMW is the best for a skid. My first skid was a full one piece skid made of 1/2" uhmw and my second machine I put a 1/2" skid from trail armor it is also UHMW but 5 pieces that go together. I think a single sheet offers the best protection but will probably end up costing you more than the TA. they offer 10% off to forum members.

Reactions: perry and BWAF
ToddACimer

ToddACimer

Pioneer 1005-2
Lifetime Member
Oct 7, 2016
Oshkosh, Wi
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I agree UHMW is a great material but if you're consistently hitting rocks you may also want to beef up the frame crossmembers and add a crossmember ahead of the sub transmission shift shaft.