P1000 Official Honda Clutch Fix Incoming

0860silverado

Lifetime Member
May 25, 2017
louisiana
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I got a lot of free beer of Harley riders betting them I could balance a nickel on my Valkyrie valve cover, start the motor, rev it, and then shut it off without it falling over.
Oh yeah! My brother in law worked offshore 30 days on and 30 off. He wanted me to ride his Valkyrie every couple days while he was out. That engine was smooth as buttah!!!

Plongson

Plongson

May 18, 2017
Southern Utah
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Ha ha! Trust me...I have much love for Harleys! (I ride one). That's a beautiful machine. Yours?

Hey Silver, Ya...it's mine. I took that at Wahweep Marina at Lake Powell, UT on the launching ramp earlier this year...with a frigg'n cell phone camera! I camp frequently off the bike taking my backbacking gear and tent camp, other times I motel it...whatever I feel like. It's a 2014 and I have put >35k miles on it. It's been all over the west from Pikes Peak to Bad Water in Death Valley, from Mexico to the Canadian border...I had a 2005 Roadking before that I put >80k miles.

Like the others have mentioned, it's loud, shakes at idle and has an attitude. But it handles fabulous, hauls ass and will roll the interstate all day at 90...it's all part of the appeal. Pretty fun...

nbomar

nbomar

Lifetime Member
Oct 11, 2015
Springdale, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hey Silver, Ya...it's mine. I took that at Wahweep Marina at Lake Powell, UT on the launching ramp earlier this year...with a frigg'n cell phone camera! I camp frequently off the bike taking my backbacking gear and tent camp, other times I motel it...whatever I feel like. It's a 2014 and I have put >35k miles on it. It's been all over the west from Pikes Peak to Bad Water in Death Valley, from Mexico to the Canadian border...I had a 2005 Roadking before that I put >80k miles.

Like the others have mentioned, it's loud, shakes at idle and has an attitude. But it handles fabulous, hauls ass and will roll the interstate all day at 90...it's all part of the appeal. Pretty fun...

Miss my cvo street glide. My wife was ready for me to be off it and with two baby girls I agreed. Figure I can get another in 10 years or so! Love the sound of loud pipes, and a big cam!

Ff0732e9fd3823d533a2abb55b701e04

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Miss my cvo street glide. My wife was ready for me to be off it and with two baby girls I agreed. Figure I can get another in 10 years or so! Love the sound of loud pipes, and a big cam!

View attachment 53128

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Right there with ya texting drivers made me get rid of mine, had the 6into6 pipes. Made old people angry.

Plongson

Plongson

May 18, 2017
Southern Utah
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I can't say who is a worse threat to motorcyclists...
1.) teenage girls
2.) dumb ass hotrod boys
3.) soccer moms
4.) contractors on the phone
5.) old women or old men...

Oh wait, that just about covers the entire population...anyone in a cage is a potential threat to bikes. TRUST NO ONE!

Kilo427

Kilo427

Not about the destination Its about the journey
Lifetime Member
Dec 10, 2015
I had a road king custom once after I got rear ended the second time at a red light I sold it and began work at the monastery...... only half that is true

advertisement

0860silverado

Lifetime Member
May 25, 2017
louisiana
Ownership

1. 1000-3

Beautiful piece! Those are all reasons I love my Harley! And it might sound stupid but to me they even SMELL good when they run lol! Ever had a Harley blast by you and then catch that whiff of spent hydrocarbons that only a Harley can produce? Mmmmmm...machinery..

Reactions: sharp
H

HondaTech

And another thing I heard that may be B***S***, Is it really a $3,800.00 fix if out of warranty? That seems awful high.

Ours average less than $800 usually. Flat rate is 2.1 for clitch rebuild, but thry dont offer the plates seperate. So the whole rear of the engine comes off to seperate the baskets. A good tech can probably do it on maybe 4 or 5 and thats cleaning the valve body and oil pickup. Includes removing the bed and plastics needed.

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Ours average less than $800 usually. Flat rate is 2.1 for clitch rebuild, but thry dont offer the plates seperate. So the whole rear of the engine comes off to seperate the baskets. A good tech can probably do it on maybe 4 or 5 and thats cleaning the valve body and oil pickup. Includes removing the bed and plastics needed.
That's probably cheaper than putting a clutch in a late model truck, I'm so happy that Honda has come up with a solution to the heat issue under warranty for 16 & 17 P 1, now to get in line. I knew they would, just when? Honda has great products and is a great company. As far as the clutch issues, they replaced both sets of clutches and CHAMFERED the oil relief valves on mine????? It has been bulit proof since. Go Honda!

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Wouldn't that be the same fix as what guys have been talking about when they "chamfer the oil valves"?
That's what they did to mine and NO issues, but all I do is ride around in the yard, believe that and I would like to sell you some land, HA!

advertisement