Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
One thing I'll say is to run in 4wd on anything slick at speeds even gravel. The machine is very short wheelbase and tall which is more likely to get sideways. Running 4wd helps to pull the machine around.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Should everyone carry a spare tire? Is everyone going to same tire size for front and rear?

Opinions will very soon on this. Personally I do not think a spare is needed. We've been doing this a long time and many different vehicles. We have had many flats and there hasn't been one we haven't been able to fix with a good tire kit with glue and a small air compressor. Takes up little room. I've had three flats on the last 1000 alone one in sidewall still running.
With a spare you have to carry that a lug wrench and a jack and it's still a good idea to carry the rest. IMO and we're always riding amongst "pokie things"
I will be running a better tire with 8-ply soon to lower the chances of occurrences

Last edited:
cschomber63

cschomber63

Nov 14, 2016
Beloit
Opinions will very soon on this. Personally I do not think a spare is needed. We've been doing this a long time and many different vehicles. We have had many flats and there hasn't been one we haven't been able to fix with a good tire kit with glue and a small air compressor. Takes up little room. I've had three flats on the last 1000 alone on in sidewall still running.

Thank you for that!

advertisement
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
There's no measure of how much I actually refrain from saying.. so sadly that's not an option, as that's what I'd been doing since we talked some time back!

You're doing great! I wish you didn't have to hold everything back but maybe like an alcoholic they can't have just one drink now and again

Tigermark

Tigermark

Outside looking in.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Thanks.. I've got a new build to do.. and refuse to let the socially sensitive run me off! But no jokes from me!! I will say, it's sure not as much fun as it was!!
It will all work out little brother. I'm looking forward to seeing your build on the new 1000.

advertisement