P1000 New member - Fuse box question

R

Raz

Apr 21, 2021
Pennsylvania
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Hello, New to site and also the SxS world. Looking forward to learning and sharing info.

I bought my first P1k3 this winter and am doing my own accessory upgrades. I did my dual battery upgrade ( from utube videos) and surprisingly it turned out and worked great. I was a little nervous since I never really did much electrical work. My only issue was the fuse box cover. I used the key on power source jumper for the 5th fuse down ... it sits higher then the other fuses and my cover won’t snap down. Is there an easy solution without taping it or do they sale a higher cover with more room? Thanks for any help! Glad to find this forum!!

Hillbillytnt

Hillbillytnt

May 2, 2020
Ky
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Hello, New to site and also the SxS world. Looking forward to learning and sharing info.

I bought my first P1k3 this winter and am doing my own accessory upgrades. I did my dual battery upgrade ( from utube videos) and surprisingly it turned out and worked great. I was a little nervous since I never really did much electrical work. My only issue was the fuse box cover. I used the key on power source jumper for the 5th fuse down ... it sits higher then the other fuses and my cover won’t snap down. Is there an easy solution without taping it or do they sale a higher cover with more room? Thanks for any help! Glad to find this forum!!
I’m using the key on harness from the club it’s plug and play and avoids the fuse box fit problems. I think there are other solutions but if your not handy with the wiring the harness is the easiest and cleanest.

Reactions: Raz and Lady01
R

Raz

Apr 21, 2021
Pennsylvania
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I’m using the key on harness from the club it’s plug and play and avoids the fuse box fit problems. I think there are other solutions but if your not handy with the wiring the harness is the easiest and cleanest.
Thanks for the reply. I did a winch install and used the wire harness form the club. I wasn’t sure if or how I could tap into that wire so I just followed the utube directions exactly.

how many leads can you bring off the plug and play wire harness?

Reactions: Lady01
PJon

PJon

Lifetime Member
Dec 9, 2020
Arizona
Ownership

1. 1000-5

I had the same problem with mine. I just push one end of the cover down so it sort of latches and then put a zip tie around the other end. Now that I’m starting my winch install, I may pull the fuse box and tap into key on power underneath.

Reactions: Raz and Lady01
Hillbillytnt

Hillbillytnt

May 2, 2020
Ky
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Thanks for the reply. I did a winch install and used the wire harness form the club. I wasn’t sure if or how I could tap into that wire so I just followed the utube directions exactly.

how many leads can you bring off the plug and play wire harness?
I use the harness to trigger the stinger that controls my 2nd fuse box then everything hooks to the fuse box. Big ground and hot for winch go straight to battery but the wires for switches go through the 2nd fuse box. I think the harness and the jumper are using the same circuit so it’s all going through the same fuse. Someone more knowledgeable may come in and correct me. As long as you are using it to trigger relays and not for the actual power supply you should be fine.

PJon

PJon

Lifetime Member
Dec 9, 2020
Arizona
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I use the harness to trigger the stinger that controls my 2nd fuse box then everything hooks to the fuse box. Big ground and hot for winch go straight to battery but the wires for switches go through the 2nd fuse box. I think the harness and the jumper are using the same circuit so it’s all going through the same fuse. Someone more knowledgeable may come in and correct me. As long as you are using it to trigger relays and not for the actual power supply you should be fine.
I agree with Hillbillytnt that if you’re only use it to trigger a relay (I only trigger the Stinger for 2nd battery) it should be no problem. All of the extra stuff can feed from the second fuse box. Once you turn the key on it will be hot.

R

Raz

Apr 21, 2021
Pennsylvania
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I agree with Hillbillytnt that if you’re only use it to trigger a relay (I only trigger the Stinger for 2nd battery) it should be no problem. All of the extra stuff can feed from the second fuse box. Once you turn the key on it will be hot.
Thanks for all the replies. I disconnected the fuse box 5th fuse jumper. I connected the key on plug and play to the stinger. I ran the hot winch to the secondary fuse box and then run a negative to my bus bare. Worked out perfect. Thanks again!