P1000 New co-pilot

Luvnlife

Luvnlife

Oct 21, 2018
NC
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I am hard pressed to sneak away without the kids. Only time the Bride won’t let them come is if I’m clearing old logging roads. That’s where a “real dog” would be company. Used to raise Shepards and the two before these were also Shih Tzus. After each one passed we were also deeply saddened. Could not imagine another dog as wonderful. After a time as we rescued the next one or two we fell in love with that animals personality. So sorry for your loss.
C63FE308 C510 4405 A844 82667D2EBB8B

Last edited:
Robobrainiac

Robobrainiac

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2020
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
My wife and I were forced into a tough decision today. This morning we lost our 14 year old pup. The co-pilot to everything we have done since our marriage. If anyone has ever owned such a high strung dog as a Belgian Malinois then you know you can hate them as much as you love them. At the end of each day the Love outweighs the onry actions of such a great dog. Our best friend Kyra will be missed very much. She will have left a hole in our hearts that can never be filled. Until we meet again my good dog Kyra you will be missed beyond words. The main point is Love your pups hard. You never know when their last ride could be.

For those interested in details:
We have been fighting tumor growths for almost 2 years along both of her rear legs. Last month we took a vacation to Michigan for 2 weeks. When we returned she had a new growth on her right rear leg that was golf ball sized. The vet diagnosed this as cancerous. Up until this point multiple had been benign and some removed. After 4 weeks total the mass had grown from the outside of the leg into the interior of the leg and thru to the outside of the inside of the leg. This is the fastest growth she has ever had. Last night after coming home from work my wife and I found our pup with the mass (baseball size at this point) to have ruptured. We are not sure if she sat on it wrong, bumped it against something, or just popped. The energy of our pup has never skipped a beat. Even last night she was happy and mobile. We were able to see the vet this morning and after much discussion decided it was time. There are so many emotions wrapped up in this bottle. My wife and I adopted this pup 1 month after our marriage. She was 14 years, 3 months, and 6 days old today. Her mind has never stopped running. Even in moments when her body wouldn't carry her anymore. Her mind never stopped. She was a joy to our lives that will never be replaced.

Last edited:
Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
My wife and I were forced into a tough decision today. This morning we lost our 14 year old pup. The co-pilot to everything we have done since our marriage. If anyone has ever owned such a high strung dog as a Belgian Malinois then you know you can hate them as much as you love them. At the end of each day the Love outweighs the onry actions of such a great dog. Our best friend Kyra will be missed very much. She will have left a hole in our hearts that can never be filled. Until we meet again my good dog Kyra you will be missed beyond words. The main point is Love your pups hard. You never know when their last ride could be.

We have been fighting tumor growths for almost 2 years along both of her rear legs. Last month we took a vacation to Michigan for 2 weeks. When we returned she had a new growth on her right rear leg that was golf ball sized. The vet diagnosed this as cancerous. Up until this point multiple had been benign and some removed. After 4 weeks total the mass had grown from the outside of the leg into the interior of the leg and thru to the outside of the inside of the leg. This is the fastest growth she has ever had. Last night after coming home from work my wife and I found our pup with the mass (baseball size at this point) to have ruptured. We are not sure if she sat on it wrong, bumped it against something, or just popped. The energy of our pup has never skipped a beat. Even last night she was happy and mobile. We were able to see the vet this morning and after much discussion decided it was time. There are so many emotions wrapped up in this bottle. My wife and I adopted this pup 1 month after our marriage. She was 14 years, 3 months, and 6 days old today. Her mind has never stopped running. Even in moments when her body wouldn't carry her anymore. Her mind never stopped. She was a joy to our lives that will never be replaced.
Same thing happened to our Airedale, it's a cancer that finally takes muscle control complety away. Our pup couldn't even stand up with our help, same outcome.:(

Red500

Red500

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2018
Greeneville, Tn.
Ownership

1. 500

So so sorry for loss.

CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R

I could have written this about Bear, my black standard poodle; he got me thru my divorce. He was my bestest buddy ever, losing him CRUSHED me and, because of that, I could never own another. 😥

Do NOT try to read this if your pet is ailing - I had read it years before I had to make that decision and I held him in my arms when the vet gave him his last shot.

A Dog's Prayer
Treat my kindly, my beloved master, for no heart in the entire world is more grateful for kindness than this loving heart of me.

Do not break my spirit with a stick, for though I would lick your hand between the blows, your patience and understanding will more quickly teach me the things you would have me do

Speak to me often, for your voice is the world's sweetest music, as you must know by the fierce wagging of my tail when your footstep falls upon my waiting ear.

When it is cold and wet, please take me inside, for I am now a domesticated animal, no longer used to bitter elements .. and I ask no greater glory than the privilege of sitting at your feet beside the hearth - though had you no home, I would rather follow you through ice and snow than rest upon the softest pillow in the warmest home in all the land ... for you are my god, and I am you devoted worshiper.

Keep my bowl filled with fresh water, for although I should not reproach you were it dry, I cannot tell you when I suffer thirst. Feed me clean food, that I may stay well to romp and play and do your bidding, to walk by your side, and stand ready, willing and able to protect you with my life, should your life be in danger.

And, beloved master, should the Great Master see fit to deprive me of my health or sight, do not turn me away from you. Rather hold me gently in your arms as skilled hands grant me the merciful boon of eternal rest ... and I will love you knowing with the last breath I drew, my fate was ever safest in your hands.

I haven't been able to read this in its entirety since his passing - tears running down my face like I lost Bear yesterday.

HBarlow

HBarlow

Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2020
Daniels, WV
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X

I'm truly sorry for your loss of a much-loved family member. I know what you are feeling. I've had the same experience more than once.

The best cure I've found for the hurt is to quickly buy or adopt another dog. It's not disloyal, we can never replace the one we lost but we can love another dog.

HBarlow

HBarlow

Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2020
Daniels, WV
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
I could have written this about Bear, my black standard poodle; he got me thru my divorce. He was my bestest buddy ever, losing him CRUSHED me and, because of that, I could never own another. 😥

Do NOT try to read this if your pet is ailing - I had read it years before I had to make that decision and I held him in my arms when the vet gave him his last shot.

A Dog's Prayer
Treat my kindly, my beloved master, for no heart in the entire world is more grateful for kindness than this loving heart of me.

Do not break my spirit with a stick, for though I would lick your hand between the blows, your patience and understanding will more quickly teach me the things you would have me do

Speak to me often, for your voice is the world's sweetest music, as you must know by the fierce wagging of my tail when your footstep falls upon my waiting ear.

When it is cold and wet, please take me inside, for I am now a domesticated animal, no longer used to bitter elements .. and I ask no greater glory than the privilege of sitting at your feet beside the hearth - though had you no home, I would rather follow you through ice and snow than rest upon the softest pillow in the warmest home in all the land ... for you are my god, and I am you devoted worshiper.

Keep my bowl filled with fresh water, for although I should not reproach you were it dry, I cannot tell you when I suffer thirst. Feed me clean food, that I may stay well to romp and play and do your bidding, to walk by your side, and stand ready, willing and able to protect you with my life, should your life be in danger.

And, beloved master, should the Great Master see fit to deprive me of my health or sight, do not turn me away from you. Rather hold me gently in your arms as skilled hands grant me the merciful boon of eternal rest ... and I will love you knowing with the last breath I drew, my fate was ever safest in your hands.

I haven't been able to read this in its entirety since his passing - tears running down my face like I lost Bear yesterday.

That's beautiful, CID. I've copied it to save in my computer.

Robobrainiac

Robobrainiac

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2020
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Thank you all for your support. This was our first for us. It is hard. I feel like I see her out of the corner of my eye and I expect to hear her when I move. My wife and I were joking last night and she says you know how people imagine their loved ones being greeted by a hug from Jesus as they enter the pearly gates? I said yes, she said I imagine Kyra getting there and the gate is just partially open and she springs forth as she pushes it the rest of the way swiping Jesus' knee as she sprints thru the streets leaving Jesus just standing there. I cried and laughed so hard. This is an unexpected and unexplainable pain. We knew the end was coming we just never knew when and you think you are ready for it but you never are. I do believe we will see each other again and I look forward to seeing Kyra with no pain.

advertisement
Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Thank you all for your support. This was our first for us. It is hard. I feel like I see her out of the corner of my eye and I expect to hear her when I move. My wife and I were joking last night and she says you know how people imagine their loved ones being greeted by a hug from Jesus as they enter the pearly gates? I said yes, she said I imagine Kyra getting there and the gate is just partially open and she springs forth as she pushes it the rest of the way swiping Jesus' knee as she sprints thru the streets leaving Jesus just standing there. I cried and laughed so hard. This is an unexpected and unexplainable pain. We knew the end was coming we just never knew when and you think you are ready for it but you never are. I do believe we will see each other again and I look forward to seeing Kyra with no pain.
Willow our 110 lb. Airedale as always sleeping in the way to the bath room at night and I would shuffle my feet to the bath room every night, I found my self doing this way after she had left us.

bumperm

bumperm

May 7, 2021
Gardnerville, NV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
This is the pup we lost a few months back at 11-1/2 years of age. Here she is starting out with us . . . never missed an opportunity to lay in the snow or fetch a tennis ball from the water.

And up at a wilderness ranch in Idaho, the only way in by private plane, horsback, or strong legs (we flew in in my Husky). There's a strip of bacon in that bowl, and I've told her to wait . . . she was always food possessive but would never bite . . . sure made us laugh though!

Bow4life

Bow4life

Supporting Member
Mar 5, 2021
Minnesota
Ownership

1. 1000-5

I'm very sorry for your loss...saying goodbye to a dog is always a great pain that hurts for a long time. My heart still hurts from my Lab/Ridgeback mix and hes been gone almost 9 years....I remember coming home and seeing all his stuff still around the house.....I was a wreck for months. Kept looking for him in all of his favorite places to lay down. I do agree with someone earlier who said the best way to heal is to get another dog. I think it's because the love we feel from a dog can only be renewed by another dog...the one I have now is probably the best dog I've ever had. Hes only 5 and I already dread the thought of saying goodbye.....Best of luck

Remington

Remington

Fife! POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X

We have been fighting tumor growths for almost 2 years along both of her rear legs. Last month we took a vacation to Michigan for 2 weeks. When we returned she had a new growth on her right rear leg that was golf ball sized. The vet diagnosed this as cancerous. Up until this point multiple had been benign and some removed. After 4 weeks total the mass had grown from the outside of the leg into the interior of the leg and thru to the outside of the inside of the leg. This is the fastest growth she has ever had. Last night after coming home from work my wife and I found our pup with the mass (baseball size at this point) to have ruptured. We are not sure if she sat on it wrong, bumped it against something, or just popped. The energy of our pup has never skipped a beat. Even last night she was happy and mobile. We were able to see the vet this morning and after much discussion decided it was time. There are so many emotions wrapped up in this bottle. My wife and I adopted this pup 1 month after our marriage. She was 14 years, 3 memories, and 6 days old today. Her mind has never stopped running. Even in moments when her body wouldn't carry her anymore. Her mind never stopped. She was a joy to our lives that will never be replaced.
Just seen this!
I'm heartbroken for you man. Always sucks to loose a family member like that. It's been a few months since we lost Rem (Black Lab) I still find myself thinking of his last days with us. The memories never go away. I can't wait to see my boys some day on the other side.

Last edited: