P1000 Need help with what Honda to buy??

Hometeam

Hometeam

Lifetime Member
Nov 26, 2015
Normal, IL
So here it goes....I got the check for my totaled P1000-3 eps last week. I got till the end of the month to make a decision or I will lose the insurance company paying for TTL. My dealership that I bought it from has another 3 seater available and a 5 seater base model available. I loved my pioneer. It was smooth, quite, powerful, and did it all for me. The transmission was what brought to the pioneer and it is the best thing on the market. It made it so much fun to drive!
My dilemma is that I originally was trying to wait and see what Honda did in 2017 to decide if I would just wait for what ever was next....Not so much with design changes to the p1000 (I thought it was awesome) but if there was anything new like a sportier p1000 or a sport sxs! I am sport setup type rider. So with them waiting till November to let the cat out of the bag that puts me in a tough situation....
I can buy my exact p1000 and save an extra $1000 from when I bought my last one (which I felt they did me right on), or could buy the base model 5-seater they have for how much my first p-1000 cost me or wait till November and see what they end up doing (sport wise) but I will lose out on insurance covering TTL.

Any thoughts or disscusion help Please!!:D

Tflynn

Tflynn

Not a liberal
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 12, 2015
Northern California
Ownership

1. 700-2
That's a tough one. My feeling is we won't see a full sport from Honda this year. Just seems there would be a teaser video or rumors or something.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
That's kind of a tough decision. My take on it is there won't be a sport yet and minor changes if any to the 1000. They might come with the heat kit but I've got a feeling it's the same thing as we're getting now. If it does change you'll be waiting a bit but you could get an even better deal on the 1000 then. It's a tough one. I guess how bad do you want to ride meanwhile? Do you need the slightly larger bed on the 3? Could you use extra doors? How bad do you want to ride now?

Plumber32

Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Id go the 5 seat. You get the good rear suspension. You can add the side panels like I did for $250. Its more versatile than the 3 seater unless you use the dump bed all the time. But Ill bet they have a new machine in their lineup in nov. But who knows when you actually could get one.

Reactions: Hometeam
Hometeam

Hometeam

Lifetime Member
Nov 26, 2015
Normal, IL
That's kind of a tough decision. My take on it is there won't be a sport yet and minor changes if any to the 1000. They might come with the heat kit but I've got a feeling it's the same thing as we're getting now. If it does change you'll be waiting a bit but you could get an even better deal on the 1000 then. It's a tough one. I guess how bad do you want to ride meanwhile? Do you need the slightly larger bed on the 3? Could you use extra doors? How bad do you want to ride now?

I don't use the bed all that much and I do have 4 kids 12 and under! But they do ride Honda trx90's!) One minute I feel like just get the 5-seater and then the next I feel I should wait....( I agree with people that we probably won't see anything sport wise in 2017!!

hondarock

hondarock

Jun 19, 2015
Here is a good price on a low mileage trade in at my local Polaris dealer if you are interested.

2016 Honda® Pioneer™ 1000-5 Deluxe Stock: | Polaris of Benton

52966A11 D843 4CD2 A992 1CD63F067EC2

Reactions: Dp5hunter
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
I don't use the bed all that much and I do have 4 kids 12 and under! But they do ride Honda trx90's!) One minute I feel like just get the 5-seater and then the next I feel I should wait....( I agree with people that we probably won't see anything sport wise in 2017!!
Imo the 5 will have better resale as well

advertisement
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Just my opinion but go with the P3 and use the left over money and do upgrades. I can show you how to get 7 in a P3 :D
Damn you and that impressive feat Kevin!

Reactions: KevinSC
Hometeam

Hometeam

Lifetime Member
Nov 26, 2015
Normal, IL
I agree with CP.

Hey Hometeam, glad to see you back around. I hope you get to do the Winrock to royal blue ride with us.

Thanks! My concussion and dizziness is gonna now so it's time to play again!!) This accident has definitely put behind the eight ball with stuff and I am not a garentee that I can make the windrock to RB ride anymore!( I missed a lot of work during it.

W

Westtnpioneer

Edjumacated
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 21, 2013
West Tennessee
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
I had a 700/4 and used the back seats maybe a hand full of times. I bought a 1000/3 and I must say it saved an hour on cleaning. If you wait on a sport just remember how long it took to get a 1000 from the time they stated they were going to release them.

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I don't think we will see a sport model this year either. Honda is hands down the leader in teasing. Bout drove my buddy crazy waiting on the cbr1100xx blackbird. Then a few years later he was foaming at the mouth waiting on the cbr1000rr. He would be the first to tell you they were both worth the wait.

ghost

ghost

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2015
BC
or wait till November and see what they end up doing (sport wise) but I will lose out on insurance covering TTL.
Seriously? What kind of option is that?
Get a machine now. If you want to trade in Nov then keep it clean. My guess - whatever comes in Nov will be a small improvement in the current setup - nothing to get excited about.

If you're really keen about the next model, maybe you can work out some kind of arrangement with the dealer that puts the money into play but doesn't get your insurance company worked up. Only if you trust the dealer.

Personally I'd get the 5 seater. We don't use the extra seats alot but its nice to have that option.

sharp

sharp

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 27, 2016
Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Like @ghost said only if you trust the dealer, you could get him to write up a bill for a new one including TTL to give to insurance. Then have the dealer keep the money in a form of store credit until you make up your mind.

Reactions: CumminsPusher
sharp

sharp

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 27, 2016
Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Also don't forget if you already paid for an extended warranty, they will pro rate it and give you your money back.

Reactions: CumminsPusher
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Also don't forget if you already paid for an extended warranty, they will pro rate it and give you your money back.
It's a pain in the ass I've had to do it but yes they will. You HAVE TO ASK otherwise they "forget" about it. Keep in mind if it's a 3 year that starts after Honda is out so if you're under a year it should all come back. Nice hint @sharp !

Reactions: sharp
Hometeam

Hometeam

Lifetime Member
Nov 26, 2015
Normal, IL
Thanks for all the good points!! I think I will head into the dealership next week and make my final decision while standing there but I am definitely leaning towards the 5 seater!)

I have a feeling that by the time a sport Honda hits the floors I'll be ready for another family addition!!:)

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Thanks for all the good points!! I think I will head into the dealership next week and make my final decision while standing there but I am definitely leaning towards the 5 seater!)

I have a feeling that by the time a sport Honda hits the floors I'll be ready for another family addition!!:)
There you go!:)

Reactions: Hometeam
advertisement