P1000m3 Need help with a couple of issues

JLH

JLH

Lifetime Member
Aug 17, 2016
Sheridan, Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I have a couple of issues that I need some advice/help with.
The first is a squeak coming from the area on the passenger side from the front. It will sped up or slow down depending on speed. It reminds me of a speedometer cable but I can't find one on this machine. I have jacked all four tires up and spun them by hand and no noise. What could it be?
The second issue is while looking for the squeak, I noticed that the drivers side boot near the wheel had slid down the shaft towards the wheel. The best I can tell the boot is fine, no rips or tears, just out of position. Is there anyway to reposition it to the correct location using the current clamp or do I need to remove it and get a hose clamp?
Any help with these issues wold be greatly appreciated.

JLH

JLH

Lifetime Member
Aug 17, 2016
Sheridan, Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Has anyone experienced a squeaking in the front? And if so, what was it? does this thing have a speedo cable or it is electronic? If it has a cable, I can't find it for the life of me. I'm thinking of jacking the entire rig up and putting it on blocks and running it to try to find this as its about to drive me nuts. The only other thing would be to run it till it breaks then problem should be a apparent, lol

K

kevin1234

Sep 29, 2016
ontario
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have a couple of issues that I need some advice/help with.
The first is a squeak coming from the area on the passenger side from the front. It will sped up or slow down depending on speed. It reminds me of a speedometer cable but I can't find one on this machine. I have jacked all four tires up and spun them by hand and no noise. What could it be?
The second issue is while looking for the squeak, I noticed that the drivers side boot near the wheel had slid down the shaft towards the wheel. The best I can tell the boot is fine, no rips or tears, just out of position. Is there anyway to reposition it to the correct location using the current clamp or do I need to remove it and get a hose clamp?
Any help with these issues wold be greatly appreciated.
your squeak could be from the driveshaft joints, unless something is rubbing on it/wrapped around it.. this shaft is slightly on the passenger side
as for the boot you should be able to pop it back in place just make sure the clamp is still snug on the axle in its groove, it could be a branch that popped it off and you got lucky it didn't tear, if not you can always buy a new clamp theyre not expensive. ive bought a kit that has aftermarket clamp and comes with the tool. its worth having

K

kevin1234

Sep 29, 2016
ontario
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Has anyone experienced a squeaking in the front? And if so, what was it? does this thing have a speedo cable or it is electronic? If it has a cable, I can't find it for the life of me. I'm thinking of jacking the entire rig up and putting it on blocks and running it to try to find this as its about to drive me nuts. The only other thing would be to run it till it breaks then problem should be a apparent, lol
your squeak might even be as easy as a rock lodged behind a brake disc, other then that on the front end theres your axles and driveshaft.. a joint run dry? .. theres not too much it can be

Reactions: CumminsPusher
JLH

JLH

Lifetime Member
Aug 17, 2016
Sheridan, Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Image After reading Kevin1234 comments, I decided I would look one more time before tearing it apart to find the squeak. Put it on a concrete pad where I wouldn't be laying in the dust and low and behold I found it. The way it was jammed in under the floorboard, it looked like a cable. After realizing that it was a cable to nowhere, I removed it and squeak be gone. I feel pretty dumb that I didn't realize that it was a stick, I've seen it every time I've looked under there.
So thanks Kevin1234 and joeymt33, you have both been a big help.