Ragnar406

The Great Bald One
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 5, 2016
Bella Vista, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I've been reading the KRX 1000 thread on here and decided to do some research. I really like my Talon R, but I'm disappointed with how harsh it rides at low speeds. My daughter has the 1000X4 live valve and I took it out a couple of days ago. The ride is night and day different... in its way smoother kind of way. I also have a 2016 Can Am Commander 800xt and I may be looking to upgrade it as a second ride. I've been considering the Talon X live valve, but I wanted to sneak a peak at the Kawasaki.
@my99svt has both the X and the R .. he has had the shock on both worked on and it makes a night and day difference. The x was just revalving and I have to tell you I could never imagine how much changing the valving would impact a ride. I know he did springs on the R but may have done valving there too... I tagged him so that he could tell ya.

You have your machine and if you enjoy everything but something that can be changed easily I would explore that route.

For tablet holder
here is what i use

@my99svt has a sweet set up where he used a license plate holder to create a flip up.. but i'll let him link that.

Two mounts that I have used

Reactions: Hometeam and CID
J

JTW

@my99svt has both the X and the R .. he has had the shock on both worked on and it makes a night and day difference. The x was just revalving and I have to tell you I could never imagine how much changing the valving would impact a ride. I know he did springs on the R but may have done valving there too... I tagged him so that he could tell ya.

You have your machine and if you enjoy everything but something that can be changed easily I would explore that route.

For tablet holder
here is what i use

@my99svt has a sweet set up where he used a license plate holder to create a flip up.. but i'll let him link that.

What machine did you purchase after having ridden and studied all of your riding friends machines?

ArkansasTalon

ArkansasTalon

Oct 11, 2019
Arkansas
Ownership

1. Talon R
Can I assume that Ram mounts just slip over that B sized ball? I like the last holder one on your post there.

As for having the shocks reworked, I've considered it. I just don't know any place in NWA that does it. I've also thought that since I like the live valve machines, it might not be much different price wise to just trade mine in on one. From what I've read, getting shocks worked on isn't cheap.

Hometeam

Hometeam

Lifetime Member
Nov 26, 2015
Normal, IL
Oh wow, really generalizing there eh? I'm a fanboy now cause I offered to help a guy with his search? Offered to help him get some real world driving opportunities. Maybe you should go back and re read my comments. I wasn't pushing anything, you're the one that came along and got so wound up.

They ALL have their flaws. Just have to pick which ones you want to address. Go start your own thread to beat your drum on.

Ok I'll play...If I offended you by grouping you into the JTW clan that is on every other thread here pushing the KRX like it doesn't have any problems, than I apologize for that. If I had the time to copy every thread and got a dollar for every time that JTW and clan has been on trying to push the KRX, I could go out and buy a new machine. So when I read this thread and saw the KRX getting pushed again I decided to call it out. I do get on the KRX forum but you don't see me or others on there chirping about all its problems and point to the Talon as a fix for every problem (like I believe it is). So to answer about starting my own thread to say this.....wouldn't have to if this forum got the same respect we are giving the KRX forum. So if you have a Talon and can help by all means please do!! And you won't hear another word from me!!

Ragnar406

Ragnar406

The Great Bald One
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 5, 2016
Bella Vista, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Can I assume that Ram mounts just slip over that B sized ball? I like the last holder one on your post there.

As for having the shocks reworked, I've considered it. I just don't know any place in NWA that does it. I've also thought that since I like the live valve machines, it might not be much different price wise to just trade mine in on one. From what I've read, getting shocks worked on isn't cheap.
Shocks are usually 7-800 to 1700 depending on if you want Springs or Valving or Springs and Valving. But that is probably cheaper to improve your existing shocks than trade for a new machine .. I have ridden in a Live Valve R and i really liked the Live valve but also felt that it would be so much better if the shocks had a little work done to them... As with all factory shocks

Ragnar406

Ragnar406

The Great Bald One
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 5, 2016
Bella Vista, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Ok I'll play...If I offended you by grouping you into the JTW clan that is on every other thread here pushing the KRX like it doesn't have any problems, than I apologize for that. If I had the time to copy every thread and got a dollar for every time that JTW and clan has been on trying to push the KRX, I could go out and buy a new machine. So when I read this thread and saw the KRX getting pushed again I decided to call it out. I do get on the KRX forum but you don't see me or others on there chirping about all its problems and point to the Talon as a fix for every problem (like I believe it is). So to answer about starting my own thread to say this.....wouldn't have to if this forum got the same respect we are giving the KRX forum. So if you have a Talon and can help by all means please do!! And you won't hear another word from me!!
who is JTW's clan... ?

GlockMeister

GlockMeister

The Bearded Wonder
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 11, 2016
Greenville, Mo
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I use my Galaxy S10 and Avenza to navigate when I'm out in the backcountry. Our Talon R has a full windshield on it and I'd really rather not drill holes in my dash if there's another way. Here's what I'm considering, (only with a 6 inch arm mounted to the grab barView attachment 238378or this one mounted to the roll bar. I'm just wondering if the clamp will interfere with the windshield? Also, I'm open to other ideas. View attachment 238382
I like the ram mounts...but they are near impossible to get the phone back in one handed. I still use a few ram mounts but switched to the tracform for my phone. The roll bar mount with give you much less vibration as well.

Vikes79

Vikes79

SKOL!
Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
South Dakota
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X4 LV
I use my Galaxy S10 and Avenza to navigate when I'm out in the backcountry. Our Talon R has a full windshield on it and I'd really rather not drill holes in my dash if there's another way. Here's what I'm considering, (only with a 6 inch arm mounted to the grab barView attachment 238378or this one mounted to the roll bar. I'm just wondering if the clamp will interfere with the windshield? Also, I'm open to other ideas. View attachment 238382

I use this mount with the exception that I have a ball mount on my dash of my P1k5. I have and iPhone Xs and it works great. I also use the Avenza trail maps.

I have used this mount all over the world with the suction cup adapter for travel and directions. I’ve had mine for 5 years now.

Adam490

Adam490

HFA Grand High Wizard
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 7, 2019
Covington, LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R LV
Reactions: Smitty335
GlockMeister

GlockMeister

The Bearded Wonder
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 11, 2016
Greenville, Mo
Ownership

1. 1000-5
What releases the spring tension? I have one similar in my truck and in my car, but there is a button on the back that releases it.
You just push it open with the phone to get it in or out.

Reactions: Adam490
advertisement
Ragnar406

Ragnar406

The Great Bald One
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 5, 2016
Bella Vista, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Now for phones - it is hard to beat

Reactions: Cuoutdoors
Hometeam

Hometeam

Lifetime Member
Nov 26, 2015
Normal, IL

For tablet holder
here is what i use

What type of a tablet do you use? I have been using my phone but I am switching to a tablet and want to have all my riding/map stuff housed on it. What size tablet do you use also? I am debating on the 8" or 10" Samsung. Thanks for the help!

Ragnar406

Ragnar406

The Great Bald One
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 5, 2016
Bella Vista, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
What type of a tablet do you use? I have been using my phone but I am switching to a tablet and want to have all my riding/map stuff housed on it. What size tablet do you use also? I am debating on the 8" or 10" Samsung. Thanks for the help!
I use a 10” galaxy tab A I believe.. It was the one that I could find with the most internal memory at the time. Even though you can add a sd card i had previously purchased a tab with min memory and it took a long time to move around on maps.
Something like this. https://www.amazon.com/Samsung-Galaxy-10-1-Tablet-Black/dp/B07Q3T1YJS?tag=sxsweb24-20
but mine is about 3 years old now. I really only use for maps and camera functions but I know a couple others run maps and their music on it.

I had also tried the 7” version first but I definitely recommend a 10” or bigger screen

Adam490

Adam490

HFA Grand High Wizard
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 7, 2019
Covington, LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R LV
I use a 10” galaxy tab A I believe.. It was the one that I could find with the most internal memory at the time. Even though you can add a sd card i had previously purchased a tab with min memory and it took a long time to move around on maps.
Something like this. https://www.amazon.com/Samsung-Galaxy-10-1-Tablet-Black/dp/B07Q3T1YJS?tag=sxsweb24-20
but mine is about 3 years old now. I really only use for maps and camera functions but I know a couple others run maps and their music on it.

I had also tried the 7” version first but I definitely recommend a 10” or bigger screen
I second the larger screen. I run a Galaxy Tab S4 and it's been great for the last year or so.

Cuoutdoors

Cuoutdoors

Executive Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2016
Central Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Ok I'll play...If I offended you by grouping you into the JTW clan that is on every other thread here pushing the KRX like it doesn't have any problems, than I apologize for that. If I had the time to copy every thread and got a dollar for every time that JTW and clan has been on trying to push the KRX, I could go out and buy a new machine.

So when I read this thread and saw the KRX getting pushed again I decided to call it out.

I do get on the KRX forum but you don't see me or others on there chirping about all its problems and point to the Talon as a fix for every problem (like I believe it is). So to answer about starting my own thread to say this.....wouldn't have to if this forum got the same respect we are giving the KRX forum. So if you have a Talon and can help by all means please do!! And you won't hear another word from me!!

I don't know who the JTW clan is or why i would be grouped into such a thing. As I said before, 'you should go back and read what was posted. I was not pushing the KRX. I teased the guy about looking at the kawi website and then told him I had a friend in his neighborhood that would be glad to let him take one for a spin. Far from pushing.

I'm not on any other forums, stop being so sensitive.

Cuoutdoors

Cuoutdoors

Executive Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2016
Central Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Now for phones - it is hard to beat

I've never seen those. They look awesome.

Hometeam

Hometeam

Lifetime Member
Nov 26, 2015
Normal, IL

Thanks! That definitely makes up my mind on the 10-in size screen! I know I will end up using it for more things, like my kids games, but my main reason is for maps, music, and anything that makes the off-road trip easier!

Ragnar406

Ragnar406

The Great Bald One
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 5, 2016
Bella Vista, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I've never seen those. They look awesome.
Really? @ohanacreek sold me on them.. I just ordered the motorcycle charger on Black Friday.

I figured if I was going to take pictures I needed an easy In and out holder. I first tried the ram but my phone would slide down and then the volume to the radio would go up or down etc ...

advertisement